Kamala's Awful Record As Border Czar - Here's the Raw Truth

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...IaAl2mEALw_wcB Originally Posted by DEAR_JOHN

added the title

Without a primary, Kamala’s flip-flops are just lies

interesting read .. i recommend it.
added the title

Without a primary, Kamala’s flip-flops are just lies

interesting read .. i recommend it. Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid

Can't speak any more.

If you get my drift.
you are aware Harris "suddenly" supports the border wall?

https://www.axios.com/2024/08/27/kam...ps-border-wall

Harris flip-flops on building the border wall

If she's elected president, Kamala Harris pledges to spend hundreds of millions of dollars on the wall along the southern border — a project she once opposed and called "un-American" during the Trump administration.

Why it matters: It's the latest example of Harris flip-flopping on her past liberal positions such as supporting Medicare for All and banning fracking — proposals that aides say she now is against.
  • Harris is embracing a more hawkish immigration policy as Donald Trump's campaign spends tens of millions of dollars attacking her about the border.
Driving the news: In her speech to the Democratic National Convention last week, Harris said she would sign the recent bipartisan border security bill — which Trump had ordered his allies to kill, fearing it would help Democrats in the November elections.
  • That bill, negotiated by senators such as James Lankford (R-Okla.) and Chris Murphy (D-Conn.), requires hundreds of millions of dollars of unspent funds to be used to continue building a wall on the border.
  • "It requires the Trump border wall," Lankford told Axios. "It is in the bill itself that it sets the standards that were set during the Trump administration: Here's where it will be built. Here's how it has to be built, the height, the type, everything during the Trump construction."

and for our valued posters here of course is the obligatory DA-NILE by those "unbiased" fact checkers ..

Harris Has Not Flipped on Trump Border Wall

https://www.factcheck.org/2024/08/ha...p-border-wall/

Harris didn't flip-flop .. she did a somersault. any voter who doesn't see this as nothing more than grandstanding for votes is naive at best.

and i'll leave it to you to provide details on your claims that

"Most of what trump did was illegal, unconstitutional, and inhumane."

i'd avoid bringing up the cages .. Obama built them. Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid

Cages are one thing, which really aren't cages, but that fits the magat narrative. Trumps family separation was inhumane and cruel as it gets.
Cages are one thing, which really aren't cages, but that fits the magat narrative. Trumps family separation was inhumane and cruel as it gets. Originally Posted by royamcr

was it illegal? unconstitutional? No. and there is federal rules that suspected adult criminals not be detained with minors.
Cages are one thing, which really aren't cages, but that fits the magat narrative. Trumps family separation was inhumane and cruel as it gets. Originally Posted by royamcr

Asking for a friend, but (keeping on the topic of border czar and not typed in a mean nor sarcastic spirit, even though I'm one side, he's the other) these people you talk of, were they here legally or illegally? If they were here illegally, they should've just swam back across the river and not be in the position to be separated. They had no business being here and it was illegal.
was it illegal? unconstitutional? No. and there is federal rules that suspected adult criminals not be detained with minors. Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
No but that doesn’t make it a good policy nor does it make it any less inhumane or cruel. Taking kids away from their parents just because they came onto your property is just plain wrong.

I don’t understand why republicans can’t at least admit that.
Asking for a friend, but (keeping on the topic of border czar and not typed in a mean nor sarcastic spirit, even though I'm one side, he's the other) these people you talk of, were they here legally or illegally? If they were here illegally, they should've just swam back across the river and not be in the position to be separated. They had no business being here and it was illegal. Originally Posted by DEAR_JOHN
Because it’s better for their children to be in America rather than having to go back and be starved, killed, raped, forced to join a gang, etc. etc.

You’re making it sound like these people have a choice. Many of them don’t. That’s what asylum laws are for. Just throwing them back across the border is illegal.

This is what the border bill was designed to fix. Putting more resources into the process so that we can help those that need it and send the rest back legally and humanely.
No but that doesn’t make it a good policy nor does it make it any less inhumane or cruel. Taking kids away from their parents just because they came onto our country is just plain wrong.

I don’t understand why republicans can’t at least admit that. Originally Posted by txdot-guy

ftfy

and my choice of "regulation" isn't accurate .. it was policy and while not to the extend Trump used it, that same policy has been used by prior administrations. it goes back to 1997.

1997 Flores Settlement Agreement

this was nothing new under Trump.
Because it’s better for their children to be in America rather than having to go back and be starved, killed, raped, forced to join a gang, etc. etc.

You’re making it sound like these people have a choice. Many of them don’t. That’s what asylum laws are for. Just throwing them back across the border is illegal.

This is what the border bill was designed to fix. Putting more resources into the process so that we can help those that need it and send the rest back legally and humanely. Originally Posted by txdot-guy

I refuse to answer this due to site rules. You should know better.

#10 - Topics regarding children, and certain images depicting children are not material for an adult-themed board. You must be at least 18 years of age to register and participate here, and along those lines, our subject matter is to surround individuals of the proper age range. Any mention or reference to underage sex is strictly forbidden and may result in loss of your posting privileges.
Asking for a friend, but (keeping on the topic of border czar and not typed in a mean nor sarcastic spirit, even though I'm one side, he's the other) these people you talk of, were they here legally or illegally? If they were here illegally, they should've just swam back across the river and not be in the position to be separated. They had no business being here and it was illegal. Originally Posted by DEAR_JOHN
Asylum is a legal process.
No but that doesn’t make it a good policy nor does it make it any less inhumane or cruel. Taking kids away from their parents just because they came onto your property is just plain wrong.

I don’t understand why republicans can’t at least admit that. Originally Posted by txdot-guy
I think the worst part about it is there was no way to rejoin these families after separation. It required DNA testing and matching to undo trump's fuckup.