So long, friends. I'm leaving here forever.

You could call it the assholes and pricks forum. Originally Posted by looiecypher
dude. if there were an assholes and pricks forum, surely, you should be in it.....not to mention "take your own advice" forum.
Everybody calm down. It's only semi-nasty now, and it's not going to get nasty. I feel a need for giving points. LOL

Torito
If there's a GOODBYE forum well apparently we need an R.I.P. forum also! (the Nitwitboy death, err, fake death, oh whatever!)

And also in the GOODBYE forum there should be a PROVIDER SECTION that goes something like this:

1) I'm Retiring Because Business Sucks
(But more than likely will re-emerge under a different handle soon when I need some quick cash-ola)

2) I'm Retiring Because I Already Made My Million (like Cindy of FW- You GO GIRL!)

3) I'm Retiring (just my current handle) Because I am Firing my Current Pimp (See you soon under a new handle when I finally go indy)

4) I'm Retiring Because I Got Knocked Up (Are you the daddy?)

5) I'm Retiring Because My BF/SO Found Out & Has Threatened To Turn Me into LE (don't wanna mess around with an angry SO/BF)

6) I'm Retiring Because Another Provider Outed Me" (that Bitch)

7) I'm Retiring Because A Hobbyist Outed Me (that son of a bitch)

8) I'm Retiring Because I've Got A Stalker (I'll be UTR for a while)

9) I'm Retiring Because I've moved on to another path in Life (might see you again one day...If the new journey doesn't pan out)

10) I'm Retiring Because I'm done licking assholes and sucking ballZ
(Okay sorry, I just threw that one in there....LOL)

TGIF everyone!!!
IP
That was a great post!

Torito
IP
That was a great post!

Torito Originally Posted by Torito
I agree. TFF.

I think it's important to maintain a sense of humor to keep things on an even keel. That's why I started this thread -- to give us a little break from all the conflict that takes place here.

looie, it seems to me you take Hobby World a bit too seriously, and that you may tend to emphasize the virtual world over the real world. No one here is saying a person who leaves ECCIE or hobbying need abandon their friends. But anyone with a reasonable degree of objectivity and a pair of working eyes could see that retirement threads have grown lately like crabgrass.

looie, you seem full of righteous indignation over this thread (and just about always, as near as I can tell). I think many people, including those who have written retirement threads -- a club that includes yours truly, btw -- see this thread for what it is: Lightheartedly poking fun at our brothers and sisters. To me, the best laughs are when we laugh at ourselves.

I've made dozens of friends, both hobbyists and providers, over more than 25 years of hobbying. Two of my best friends are providers who I never saw professionally. looie, I noticed your sig line states you've never met a hobbyist from this site. Maybe you should. Then you may make real friends as opposed to just computer buddies. Or maybe not. And develop a sense of humor. Or maybe not.
Thats the best you can come up with shyster? Very weak indeed.
Thats the best you can come up with shyster? Very weak indeed. Originally Posted by looiecypher
I could throw in a prescription for lithium with my advice. I think you might make better use of the lithium than the advice.
If you guys are not finished with this, take it to PM. The rest of us don't need this bickering.
Last warning.

Torito
Yes I am finished with it and the site.
Done and done.
Done and done. Originally Posted by looiecypher
So, is that a goodbye? Does it need a separate thread?
So, is that a goodbye? Does it need a separate thread? Originally Posted by notdeadyet
Haha. I'm glad this thread's become funny again. Irony can be funny.
A few more:
I'll Just Take My Balls and Go Home!
I Shall Return (corncob pipe optional)
Found a Sugardaddy, See Everyone Again After He Croaks
I'm Serious This Time, Really!
Done and Done
Deeply Heartfelt Goodbyes (Or Reasonable Facsimiles Thereof)

How about "Done and Done" for the name Think we can name him as the Mod as well!!!

We could merge this into the Welcome area so they could say the so long under one nick and welcome under the other nick and not even have to change fourms!!!
Steve, your post literally made me laugh out loud. Thanks.
And I thought this was a going away for ShysterJon