FOX firings coming ?

Most fair and balanced reporting until they sold their souls to trumpf. Still they have lead in ratings and will continue to do so. Originally Posted by winn dixie
High ratings....yet they are still a craptastic outfit....they need to hire decent writers
well, fox did fire 2 important people, bill o' rielly (in top 10 ranking) and roger ailes (top network ranking) but that was over a female handling scandal. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
Ah. When pussy grabbing was first put on the map at foxy.

exactly. MSNBC topped the ratings for one lousy month a few years ago. FOX for that year was still number one. so what does that work out to for that year monthly?

FOX 11 MSNBC 1 ... Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
Light weight when compared to ABC (which was *news* to me.)
By your barameter you should be kissing the ring of the house of the mouse.

I miss Bill O'Reilly

One of the best all time Originally Posted by winn dixie

Miss him also. Use to watch the old No Spin Zone. Loved when Al Sharpton would come on. Billy could have a twisted slant on things but he had some pretty good books.
Some idiots are missing the trees for the forest, Fox News has hired more women and minorities in high profile areas than the other networks and they are competent. Given the ratings, why would anyone be fired at Fox?
“In 16, [Roger] Ailes called me that Sun before the Tue election & said Murdoch & these guys done the polling. Trump was going to lose as much as 400 electoral votes. They were already accommodating Hillary Clinton, just like how they worked for Biden when they called AZ so early. It’s Murdoch, McConnell & the oligarchs. That’s what Trump is up against.” @SteveBannon
Rupert Murdoch has said that he will not allow Trump to go to the White House. You can see this…you look at East Palestine. It’s 2 o’clock ET, #FoxNews doesn’t cover Trump live when #CNN & #MSNBC does a little. Donald Trump changed the direction of the country by going to East Palestine. Are you kidding me? I’ve had a belly full of it. @SteveBannon
@stevebannon: “Murdoch should understand something. WE’RE GOING TO BRING THE MURDOCHS TO HEEL. The Murdochs have deemed that Trump’s not going to return as President. Well guess what? We’re going to take that network apart brick by brick & bring the Murdochs to heel & hopefully run him out of the country & back to England or wherever the hell he’s from.”

Light weight when compared to ABC (which was *news* to me.)
By your barameter you should be kissing the ring of the house of the mouse.

Originally Posted by Precious_b

FOX and ABC aren't directly comparable. ABC is one of the original "Big Three" broadcast outfits long before cable even existed. does FOX now have local affiliates in most of the big markets like ABC, NBC and CBS do, of course. does ABC, NBC and CBS now have cable only channels? of course. FOX didn't exist at all in the early 20th century when the big three got started as over the air broadcast stations only. they had a decades long monopoly (3 way monopoly) to build a base.

so in the mixed bag of cable and even old school broadcast today, who's number one?

NBC and CBS in a dead heat at approximately 5.1 million viewers with ABC at 3.8 and FOX 3.2. these numbers are for 2022. so ABC isn't "way ahead" of FOX after all, are they?

• NBC. 5,148. -7%
  • CBS. 5,144. -8%
  • ABC. 3,867. -6%
  • Fox. 3,233. -14%
  • Fox News Channel. 2,369. -1%
  • ESPN. 1,877. +14%
  • Univision. 1,315. -9%
  • MSNBC. 1,197. -22%

interestingly here are numbers from 2019 ..

THE MOST-WATCHED NETWORKS OF 2019 (BY TOTAL VIEWERS)
Rank NETWORK VIEWERS (000)
1.CBS 7,140
2.NBC 6,330
3.ABC 5,192
4.Fox 4,623

FOX is still 4th but CBS was clearly well ahead of NBC where they are in a dead heat today.

what's important to note is that total viewership for all 4 are down significantly in 3 years time.

interesting. also note these numbers are total viewership. not just News but TV shows, sports events, everything.

and for our friends who like to point out FOX is "Entertainment" and thus not meant to be news let's see how for example ABC is described ..

The American Broadcasting Company is an American commercial broadcast television network. It is the flagship property of the Disney Entertainment division of The Walt Disney Company.

all networks are first and foremost entertainment. News is only a small part of it.
What percent of Americans watch FOX ? And of those that watch, what percent are right wing radicals ?
What percent of Americans watch FOX ? And of those that watch, what percent are right wing radicals ? Originally Posted by VitaMan

since you asked ..

so .... what kind of Democrats are these? the radical kind?

Surprise! Tucker Carlson Draws the Most Democratic Viewers in Key Demo, Even Topping Rachel Maddow

Nielsen Fusion data for October shows the Fox News host’s audience isn’t entirely conservative

https://www.thewrap.com/tucker-carls...ship-fox-news/

shocking isn't it?
Didn't even answer the questions, sir
Didn't even answer the questions, sir Originally Posted by VitaMan

okay. who's gonna be fired at FOX?

No one.
Too many viewers to give truthful reporting to. They are afraid they can’t handle the truth. Originally Posted by 1blackman1
What's the truth? I am sure you value that, lol.
okay. who's gonna be fired at FOX?

No one. Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
Didn't answer the questions
Some idiots are missing the trees for the forest, Fox News has hired more women and minorities in high profile areas than the other networks and they are competent. Given the ratings, why would anyone be fired at Fox? Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
they have also have a female president in charge of fox news. i'm reading that Murdoch has no plans to fire her.
Fox has high ratings...yet it still sucks.....how can one explain this dichotomy? Originally Posted by matchingmole

can you other that your personal opinion explain why they suck?

Didn't answer the questions Originally Posted by VitaMan

i did.

they have also have a female president in charge of fox news. i'm reading that Murdoch has no plans to fire her. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm

VM knows no one at FOX is going to be fired. not any of the top hosts, Watters, Carlson, Ingram or Hannity or Guttfeld.

for now, Guttfeld's show is the top rated FOX show. let's see if he can keep his crown.