Shopping suggestions!

Doesn't it kjust nd of depend on what you are trying to do? If you're going to spring for several hundred dollars and give her a head start on a wardrobe, then Kohl's, Penny's, etc. nay we'll be a great choice. And frankly, from what you describe if her situation, that sounds like what she needs. But if you're trying to get her something special as a so.urge, those aren't your best bets.

I'd think that getting her some basic building blocks for an everyday wardrobe would be what you need to do. No idea of what that would cost, but I'd venture that $500 might be in the ballpark. I think if you shared your goals and your budget, you might bet better suggestions. Originally Posted by TexTushHog
She probably does need a lot of the basics. Whether they are sexy or not, she needs them and I want to help her because I care. The dress is probably not as big a priority.

$500 is not an unreasonable amount if I were to place an actual dollar amount on it.
She probably does need a lot of the basics. Whether they are sexy or not, she needs them and I want to help her because I care. The dress is probably not as big a priority.

$500 is not an unreasonable amount if I were to place an actual dollar amount on it. Originally Posted by WanderingBob
So maybe a "nice" dress later for a special occasion or something. If her situation is as bleak as you say, she will be uber thrilled to have a few choices and basic necessities. I hate she has been through a trying time, but glad you are helping her out.
Wal-Mart, Target, etc. for some very cheap basics, underwear, etc. maybe step up to Penny's Kohl's for sone jeans, shirts, etc. I'd also figure out what sort of work she might qualify for and get her a few work outfits (if they are different from everyday clothes) so she can interview and make a goid impression, and have a couple of outfits to get through the first two weeks of work (with frequent loads of laundry) before her fist check comes in. Anything more expensive is probably wasted as I suspect she'd rather have quantity than quality. But you can always ask.
That's a great idea, if she is ready to work after what she's been through. You might also try a consignment or resale shop for work clothes. Plano's Closet is the only one I can think of, but I'm sure there are others. Ya might find some upscale clothing for a great price.
Walmart is good for tank tops and basics. Take her to the outlet malls there is one in Grand Prairie and another out in Allen. You will get the most for the money there.

Luckily it's about to get hot and we can wear a little less. This is a nice thing to do for someone