I screwed up. I need advice on a hobby phone.

When she said she put her number in your phone, why didn't you delete it immediately?

If her name S**** pops up, there is no way to deny it is stored on your phone. But if only her 10 digit phone number popped up, you could have said it was a wrong number.

Better yet, after she texted you 3 times in 5 days, you should have told her you weren't interested. Never let a provider be in charge. Lay down the ground rules and cut them off. Originally Posted by ExNYer
I didn't delete it because in the back of my mind I was thinking about the possibility of OTC.

I was careless because I have gotten away with so much for so long, that I lost sight of the danger.

I have had her number blocked. I have deleted it from my phone. I have checked and recheck all my tracks, contact info, business cards from club managers, computer notes, scrubbed history on the phone/computer and offered to trade phones with the SO so she could get all my calls and see there was nothing going on. (She refused to trade phones, because she did not want the problems of her work, family and friends calling her number and being referred to my number as her new one.)

I think I have dodged the bullet on this one.
I still need to get a hobby phone.
Contact S**** and tell her why this happended and see about the OTC. (maybe not such a good idea, but still thinking about it.)
Guys I'm so proud of this trick I hate to share it...program the provider's numbers using a name like "unknown" or "out of area" or "blocked" ... You can even add a number behind each such as "unknown1" or similar
Guys I'm so proud of this trick I hate to share it...program the provider's numbers using a name like "unknown" or "out of area" or "blocked" ... You can even add a number behind each such as "unknown1" or similar Originally Posted by cking_booty
"unknown7" would look suspicous and then with my memory I would need a cheat sheet. "Unknown7 = S*****" "Unknown6 = P*****"

This may work for you and does sound like a good plan that should be given some consideration.

I am still leaning towards the hobby phone. But this idea may help others.
"unknown7" would look suspicous and then with my memory I would need a cheat sheet. "Unknown7 = S*****" "Unknown6 = P*****"

This may work for you and does sound like a good plan that should be given some consideration.

I am still leaning towards the hobby phone. But this idea may help others. Originally Posted by Remote
Excuse me if someone already said, this...I only reskimmed the thread...

Be sure to lock your phone when at the club. Make it something easy, but to deter strippers from messing with it.

Tell your wife you keep pocket dialing so you set lock code to her bday.

If you save a number put it under something benign sounding like a Harley Davidson of Plano...though it's better to NOT save a number because then when you get a random text addressed to "Tom" you really can pretend it's a wrong number. Just memorize numbers important to you or save in an email.

Move to Google Voice as everyone else said.

texting is the devil's playground and will always get you into trouble. If you are going to communicate, use email from a web based program that doesnt easilynshow up on your smartphone.
I discovered this weekend, while scrubbing all my electronics, that I do alot more hobby texting than I thought. This seems to be the perferred way to communicate with the SYLs (Sweet Young Laidies) from the strip clubs or hobby. So I am still thinking hobby phone.