Why no scheduling by phone?

Quote sinply, ther are a lot of whackos, time wasters, and guys who fall in love every time, often before they ever schedule an appointment. The phone is reserved for legitimate clients who have booked an appointment otherwise, every nut who is drunk and lonely starts calling up with little intention of actually forking over some dough.

It's a business. A very personal pbainess and the acting and phone privileges is reserved for the guys who actually visit the gals.
I prefer electronic booking for various reasons. I have a crazy school schedule and its easier for me to stay organized when I have the information in digital form. Not to mention, if you leave me a message while I am in class, I can't be certain that its safe to call you back 1, 2, or 3 hours later. There are many who still don't have hobby phones and I'd rather not jeopardize some poor gents safety or security.

I'm fairly unique in that I'm a little above the norm when it comes to intelligence. If I weren't writing my own messages, emails, etc-- it would be pretty obvious with simple conversation if the girl behind the handle didn't jibe with the girl in the room.

The brief period where my phone number was available-- I got tons of calls despite my request for PM or P411 as initial communique. So, I've gone back to giving my number out for repeat clients only--
Because it isn't the 1980's anymore.
dammit, so does that mean that I should quit waiting for someone to PAGE ME on my 1996 pager?!! AH HA, LOL - sorry, couldn't help myself. Yeah, remember for 5 bucks more a month you could get a cool one with the voicemail?!! LOL
I agree with DecemberLove...it's not an issue of not wanting you to hear my voice or hiding my screener from you. Its about getting you screened before I go giving you my number, etc. Its easier to have screening info provided in writing so I don't have to fight with what I heard vs. what you said. If you saw Mary Meaux, and I spelled that Mari Mo, then I'll never find your ref. The P411 thing is an issue as well. You can tell me your ID all day long, but if you actually PM me using that account, then I know its yours. Its the same as you wanting to know its me who's emailing you instead of some other broad. I want to know its you contacting me, instead of some jerk who's stolen an ID or handle.

I do, however, call all of my dates before the session and chat for a second (at a time where its convenient for them). I also call on my way to the session to let them know I'm en route...or vice versa.

My point is that talking on the phone isn't taboo. But it is something that I like to save for when I'm sure he's safe to talk to. I also find that allowing scheduling by phone seems to mistakenly indicate to people that they can ask me inappropriate or forbidden questions (i.e. combining the subjects of romance & finance). Requiring initial communication via email, I find, requires that you pay attention, look at things like rates and session options before contacting me.
Well for me I do schedule by phone, but prefer email and/or PM, or a request through p411. See for me when a guy scheduled a few hours in advanced through pm, it allows me to see when you joined, how many post you have and i can search by your handle to see if you ever post in forums or reviews. it makes screening easier when you can pull up reviews. P411 is just great because i just go to your profile and see your okays and it just plain faster.

If i schedule by phone then you might not be able to get the time you request because, for those of us who ACTUALLY screen, we need time to verify your references. Its just easier sometimes, but then again, it really just depends on the provider.

Just my .02!

Smooches
Because when some guy says "this is stevesanderson" I don't really know it's him. It could be somebody using your handle and your reputation. So you sending me a PM/email/request through P411 is another added step for screening and security.

On subsequent visits a phone call is fine. But not on a first date. It's my life/money/freedom on the line so I'm going to take every precaution I possibly can to make sure that you are who you say you are.

Meg Originally Posted by hotlips_houlihan
Precisely why I usually start with a PM, move to email, then do the final schedule via telephone.