P411 offline?

I've been able to access the site this morning from my phone via Chrome.

Gina has posted an explanation on the home page that it's due to a DNS update error from yesterday and it could take up to 48 hours to be fully resolved.
Down again - assuming it's still a work in progress thing.
I just want to know why it works for some and not for others?
Works on phone, but not laptop...wtf?
I just want to know why it works for some and not for others? Originally Posted by Nina Moretti
It's because of the way DNS works. DNS (Domain Namer Service) is the system used to take the words of the website address that we type and translate them into the dotted decimal numbers (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) that represent the actual location of the webserver. That number is itself translated into a binary number but humans have trouble reading large binary numbers (1's and 0's only)

While the highest level master DNS servers are now corrected with the right name/octal addressess, it takes time for all the remaining DNS servers on the Internet to update their tables. Most of the time, you accesss the DNS server provided by your ISP and that's why if varies: some servers are updated more quickly than others. So your cellphone would use the DNS server of your phone provider (ATT, Verizon, etc) but your computer is using the DNS provided by the Internet connection you are connected to. That is, it might work at your home, but not at Starbucks which might be a different ISP and therefore DNS server.

Clear as mud? Good...bottom line, just be patient and it'll soon resolve itself.
-fk9