Kudos to Texas

I don’t believe that to be true. The trans cult is a huge issue in the democrat party these days. Politicians pander to them 24/7. Just take a ride through Mt Lebanon, every other house has one of those goofy yard signs. Saying a majority, defined as 51%, is clearly an underselling. Originally Posted by Jacuzzme
You can believe what you want, even when it's not true. Just means you believe it. Self-delusion and confirmation bias abound, twist and distort reality.

Then you're writing off whole swaths of people on assumptions and your whims... because it feels right based on anecdotes, cultural biases, your perceived norms and life experience.

Again, you CAN believe it and I believe you do. Are you open to being wrong?
That’s pure, unadulterated horseshit. Nobody despises gays other than a handful of bible thumpers, exponentially fewer than despise white heterosexual Christians. Originally Posted by Jacuzzme
100% spot on. If DNinja thinks the majority of Republicans despise gay people and are out there oppressing them on a regular basis, I am sure he could list a long litany of examples

But we know he can't because it is utter bullshit

As you note, there are far more leftists who despise white heterosexual Christians
I don’t believe that to be true. The trans cult is a huge issue in the democrat party these days. Politicians pander to them 24/7. Just take a ride through Mt Lebanon, every other house has one of those goofy yard signs. Saying a majority, defined as 51%, is clearly an underselling. Originally Posted by Jacuzzme
It is indeed. Trannies are one of the pet issues of the left these days. And the leftists are trying to normalize this deranged behavior and mainstream it and push it on all Americans. From:

recognizing and celebrating Transgender day of visibility

to wanting to allow deranged men pretending to be women compete in women's sports

to wanting to allow deranged men pretending to be women use women's locker rooms and rest rooms, destroying a women's right to privacy

to wanting to strip parents rights in schools

to allowing **** to cut off their body parts

the list goes on and on
But we know he can't because it is utter bullshit

As you note, there are far more leftists who despise white heterosexual Christians Originally Posted by berryberry
Not trying to derail the topic here but as trans people are part of the gay community and the current focus of right wing fear mongering and hate commentary I will offer Dubya as a recent Republican president who sought to ban gay marriage and fought to get states friendly to the cause to pass laws even pre-emptively in some cases this is not a pro-gay ideology. How much money did the Bush administration spend outing gay members of the military? It has only been 13 years since that restriction was lifted. Was it Republicans that first softened then ended the ban on gay people serving?

DeSantis is the current gay hating poster child of the Republican party. Is he not high ranking enough in the party to qualify? He for sure is trying to do more than provide fair competition in sports for his home state.

The Democratic party is full of Christians. Being Catholic still qualifies I believe. The decision in Texas to define who can compete is something I would like to see mirrored on the federal level. Republicans don't have a monopoly on faith.

A bill limiting elective surgical procedures for minors to prevent transitioning children, cosmetic surgeries, etc would be welcome and I think most Americans would support these if they simply address the issues and do not extend into personal choice restrictions.

Maybe you have some examples of a few prominent Republicans whose views on the gay community would be seen as very friendly?They don't seem to like him much but Trump is about the only one I can think of off the top of my head.

Certainly the current attitude on the trans fraction is not friendly at all, yet as Texas and now many other states have done we can address key issues within the spectrum of concerns and still allow room for people to freely be the person they choose to be.
Cutting off healthy body parts shouldn’t be banned only for children. If a person with mental disorders walks into a doctor’s office and says his foot is possessed, the doctor would put him/her in a rubber room or send them to a psychiatrist, not whip out the bone saw and amputate it. “Trans” is no different, any doctor performing this stuff should be thrown in prison, regardless of the patient’s age.

And trans is decidedly different than gay/bi, they’re not even close to the same thing. One group simply likes/dislikes the bonus hole, the other is insane.
Then you're writing off whole swaths of people on assumptions and your whims... because it feels right based on anecdotes, cultural biases, your perceived norms and life experience. Originally Posted by HDGristle
Well, yeah. That’s how opinions are formed. What do you base yours on?
Well, yeah. That’s how opinions are formed. What do you base yours on? Originally Posted by Jacuzzme
Similar, but seeking out additional info and checking my biases. Avoiding, as best possible, the large sweeping generalizations and absolutist language.

Are you open to being wrong? I note you're avoiding that answering that question. There's no bait there or me setting up a false binary to smear you there.

Just a simple logic check.
Of course. Show me some unbiased data that less than half of democrats consider the lbgtxyzs an important political issue and I’ll not only admit my assumptions are wrong, but be ecstatic they were.
Are you changing goal posts? Or do we disagree on your definition of huge issue?

You said 51% is underselling. So why do I have to show you sub 50%? Where do you feel it stands as far as importance to registered Dems? Am I wrong in how I'm understanding your words and position?

And what sources do you feel are unbiased?
Are you changing goal posts? Or do we disagree on your definition of huge issue? Originally Posted by HDGristle
I dunno, to be honest. An issue that’d change someone’s vote if they felt a candidate wasn’t pro-lgbtxyz maybe?

You said 51% is underselling. So why do I have to show you sub 50%?
. OK, sub 52% then.
Where do you feel it stands as far as importance to registered Dems? Am I wrong in how I'm understanding your words and position?
Seems pretty damn important. Probably not as much the economy but, given all the press it gets, I’m sure it’s up there.

And what sources do you feel are unbiased?
A well established polling company with proven accurate results would do. .
People within the LGBTQ community are important as people. It would not be so political if there was not still a considerable effort to disparage and shame them while working to lessen their options as humans.

If the standard some people want to use for what is acceptable personal choice comes down to 'but I don't like that' would they allow their choices to be governed this way? That is not what freedom means to me.

The legislation in Texas addresses an issue that involves people's choices affecting others in ways that are not fair to all involved. When the issues are about choices that involve an individual we should not be trying to legislate their options based on our feelings about those choices.
Not trying to derail the topic here but as trans people are part of the gay community and the current focus of right wing fear mongering and hate commentary I will offer Dubya as a recent Republican president who sought to ban gay marriage and fought to get states friendly to the cause to pass laws even pre-emptively in some cases this is not a pro-gay ideology. How much money did the Bush administration spend outing gay members of the military? It has only been 13 years since that restriction was lifted. Was it Republicans that first softened then ended the ban on gay people serving?

DeSantis is the current gay hating poster child of the Republican party. Is he not high ranking enough in the party to qualify? He for sure is trying to do more than provide fair competition in sports for his home state.

The Democratic party is full of Christians. Being Catholic still qualifies I believe. The decision in Texas to define who can compete is something I would like to see mirrored on the federal level. Republicans don't have a monopoly on faith.

A bill limiting elective surgical procedures for minors to prevent transitioning children, cosmetic surgeries, etc would be welcome and I think most Americans would support these if they simply address the issues and do not extend into personal choice restrictions.

Maybe you have some examples of a few prominent Republicans whose views on the gay community would be seen as very friendly?They don't seem to like him much but Trump is about the only one I can think of off the top of my head. Originally Posted by DNinja69
So that is your example - gay marriage from around 20 years ago. Please.

And Ron DeSantis - what exactly has he done to despise and oppress gay people.

This is just laughable, utterly laughable

You posted "The majority of Republicans despise gay people and seek to oppress them on a regular basis" which is utter bullshit and you know you can't back it up with relevant facts
Cutting off healthy body parts shouldn’t be banned only for children. If a person with mental disorders walks into a doctor’s office and says his foot is possessed, the doctor would put him/her in a rubber room or send them to a psychiatrist, not whip out the bone saw and amputate it. “Trans” is no different, any doctor performing this stuff should be thrown in prison, regardless of the patient’s age.

And trans is decidedly different than gay/bi, they’re not even close to the same thing. One group simply likes/dislikes the bonus hole, the other is insane. Originally Posted by Jacuzzme
Indeed - anyone who thinks they are a gender they are not and wants body parts cut off should be treated for mental illness - not catering to their delusions

But the medical industry makes a lot of money off these loons and now Democrats have made them one of their bug pet causes trying to push this insanity as normal to all Americans
Says I am full of shit then continues to prove me correct. #Freedom
Says I am full of shit then continues to prove me correct. #Freedom Originally Posted by DNinja69
So you think doctors should be allowed to chop off healthy body parts just because someone wants them to? If so, why does that only apply to tits and dicks? If I want to identify as a midget, is it ok to chop 2 feet off both arms and legs? How about if I want to identify as Abraham Van Brunt, can a doctor cut off my head?