favorite mexican food

I like Manuel's downtown....
Best Migas Anywhere (and huge portion) J and J's Breakfast on Palmer near Cool River. Best Breakfast Tacos, Elsie's on Burnett just south of the new Night Hawk where the old Academy sports used to be. Best Mexican food on the Cheap, Antonios across I-35 from Joy/Ricks. Best Enchiladas, Chuey's custom ground sirloin with Tex-Mex Sauce. Best Mole, Antonio's, either location. Best fajita Deal, Taco Cabana Fajitas skillet.
OK since MEX food is my fav i have to add my 2cents!!

Best fajitas - Chuys & Baby A's (i only eat chicken fajitas)
Best breakfast tacos - Juan in a million & Amaya's taco village (they have GOOD cheese)
Best enchiladas - VIVIO... hands down the BEST
Best queso - Baby A's, Vivo & Amayas

GREAT now im hungry! Thanks
Nuevo Leon on 6th

1501 E 6th St.
Austin, Texas 78702

Tel: (512) 479-0097
I love NL's happy hours. many good times there!
Six you have great taste
Best tamales I've had were from a latina gal who went around selling them door to door. Originally Posted by TGFBI
Got some from some friends and the mom of a student once, they were better than most places.

But I used to buy them at a place on Congress just south of Town Lake - or Lady Bird Lake (sounds weird). But it is gone! I thought an old friend down that way was gone too! But she is not, Dagny (NO E thank you) is still around). Interesting visit this time down south.....more later.
I watch the food network...and they listed Juan In A Million's restaurant, in Austin, as having one of the best tacos in the country. Has anyone ever been there?

One of my favorite Tex-Mex restaurants is Vivo's off of Manor Drive...very cool place and they have awesome margaritas!
Yes, Juan in a Million has great breakfast tacos, get the Don Juan or barbacoa, get 2-3 extra tortillas if you get the Don Juan.
  • Wired
  • 01-20-2010, 02:29 PM
G-man, we needz to get u out more, brah! Taco Cabana is whack, not even good on da fast food market, Taco Bueno be more bueno, u no whut I'm sayin?

I haves lots o diffrent categories for my mexican food.
Best fajitas - Papasitos
Best barbacoa - Tio Dan's puffy tacos
Best tacos - Amaya's taco village
Best enchiladas - Enchiladas Y Mas
Best margarita - Baby A's Originally Posted by TGFBI
Never trust a skinny cook.
Y mas has a decent Fajita as well.

I do agree on Papasitos Fajitas..

This is makin me hungry.
No one has mentioned Gueros yet????
  • 01-26-2010, 04:56 PM
El Borrego de Oro for the lamb soup or the chicken mole. El Pollo Rico for the kickass charcoal-grilled chicken, the avocado-serrano death sauce, the sweet grilled onion... I've tried a lot of dishes here, and everything's great, but really, go for the roasted chicken.
Fonda San Miguel is in a class by itself.

Jardin Corona, A La Carrera and Antonio's are favorites of mine.

Best fajitas - Papasitos, fresh tortilla's and sizzling tender meat. mmm...mm
Best tortilla soup - Antonios, I love good tortilla soup
Best breakfast tacos - Ken's Taco's and More, big and a variety of ingedients to chose from and somtimes they have cute senioritas behind the counter.
Best Mexican martini - Trudy's
Best enchilladas - A La Carrera
best breakfast tacos are marcelino pan y vino on tillery......

use to love juan but hate to wait in line...... joes is good but u will be waiting once it hits 900am on weekends
Anyone ever have the enchiladas at Dart Bowl??? Not kidding, they may be the best in Austin. Originally Posted by Rockhorn

Not only are Dart Bowls Enchiladas good, I think they have some damn good Migas and the best Pancakes.

Casa Garcias...for their Barbacoa and Tortilla

Taco Cabana has the best Nachos and Rice

Matt's El Rancho....love that with their dinner meals you get Pralines or Sherbert.

Taqueria Arandas 2 (south austin)