Dove season

Google search returned this: https://goo.gl/Fu3uD4
I am reminded of a recipe my Dad got from a geologist buddy. You take a dove breast, insert half of a raw jalapeño, wrap it in bacon, brown it in a frying pan, then smother the birds in a mixture of 50-50 mushroom soup and beer and let cook until everybody is happy. Served over brown rice, is yummy.
I don't fuck with doves they look too cute to kill , they are pigeons. Have never killed one. But quails bring it, those are wild & look filthy but are yummy!
Message me... I actually own an outfitters north east of the dfw area. Had over 100 hunters both Sat/Sun opening weekend. I have season lease spots or day leases. And I don't lease my land... I own it, so cheaper rates and flexibility for the hunter.
100 hunters? I can see that already!

They end up shooting each other not watching their crossfires and check the space beyond their target making sure it's clear.

Or several guys shoot up in the air at the same dove and then fight over who gets possession of the poor dove's body once it has fallen out of the sky onto the ground.

When you have several people, all possessing firearms and most likely been consuming alcohol too and other substances, fighting over something, nothing good ever comes out of it.

I did some searching because of this thread and found several websites offering land for lease for dove and other hunting.

I looked at the photos and I am seeing large group of people, all armed, all wearing camouflage without any bright orange color vests, all going hunting in the same day... you see what I am getting at?

That's how hunting accident happens. Everyone is camouflaged!!

Plus from the photos, they all look like bunch of shotguns and rifle toting dumb hicks Billy Bob rednecks in pickup trucks.

Another not a good thing. Give stupid people firearms so they can play their stupid games and someone is going to lose an eye.

They end up shooting each other not watching their crossfires and check the space beyond their target making sure it's clear.

Or several guys shoot up in the air at the same dove and then fight over who gets possession of the poor dove's body once it has fallen out of the sky onto the ground.

When you have several people, all possessing firearms and most likely been consuming alcohol too and other substances, fighting over something, nothing good ever comes out of it.

I did some searching because of this thread and found several websites offering land for lease for dove and other hunting.

I looked at the photos and I am seeing large group of people, all armed, all wearing camouflage without any bright orange color vests, all going hunting in the same day... you see what I am getting at?

Plus from the photos, they all look like bunch of shotguns and rifle toting dumb hicks Billy Bob rednecks in pickup trucks.

Another not a good thing. Give stupid people firearms so they can play their stupid games and someone is going to lose an eye. Originally Posted by CG2014
I have been doing this for 5 years and have over 7000 acres. 325 acres in native sunflower... that is giving each hunter 3.25 acres per. I have never had an incident and have an excellent rating.

Another not a good thing. Give stupid people firearms so they can play their stupid games and someone is going to lose an eye. Originally Posted by CG2014
I read in another post you say you are 40 years old? You sounds like an old grandma.
I have been doing this for 5 years and have over 7000 acres. 325 acres in native sunflower... that is giving each hunter 3.25 acres per. I have never had an incident and have an excellent rating. Originally Posted by devour
You own 7,000 acres??!! That’s a lot of land.
Doubt it.