California Shooter barred from possessing weapons

How on earth did he get a gun if it was against the law for him to have one? Dip all the sarcasm around that question you can find, please.

http://www.miamiherald.com/latest-ne...184759588.html

Cmon control folks, case and point. Making something illegal will not prevent criminals, who don't give a dirty whores snatch about the law, WILL NOT KEEP CRIMINALS FROM GETTING GUNS.

why do you insist on taking law abiding citizens gums rights away? It won't fix anything. Originally Posted by grean
interesting info. read an article about this follow up.

turns out this CA shooter turned in all the weapons he owned as per court order.

He just built a homemade AR-15 rifle thats unregistered.

now what was that about gun control making people safe????
Either he had the receiver or he bought one illegally.
Either he had the receiver or he bought one illegally. Originally Posted by The2Dogs
from what I understand... one can buy the receiver legally and make modifications to it.

the only part that illegal is that you can't sell a modified rifle on the market as it lacks a registered serial number.
interesting info. read an article about this follow up.

turns out this CA shooter turned in all the weapons he owned as per court order.

He just built a homemade AR-15 rifle thats unregistered.

now what was that about gun control making people safe???? Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
Which makes you wonder, HOW HE was abel to buy and get all those parts shipped to him!??!
Which makes you wonder, HOW HE was abel to buy and get all those parts shipped to him!??! Originally Posted by garhkal
I believe a background check isn't necessary to buy a part.
The receiver has the SN and must be bought through a FFL, initially. After that, if you are not allowed to own firearms and you buy one, you have committed a felony. You can buy a receiver and it is just like buying a complete firearm. You build it and the receiver is what is registered.

Yugo can take a "registered" firearm and make all the modifications you want except for removing the SN and any modifications to make it full auto and barrel length and it is still a legal firearm.
In which case, WHO's fault was it that NO ONE CHECKED to see, after he got convicted of Domestic abuse, that he HAD ANY GUNS That would need to be confiscated?? Originally Posted by garhkal
My idiot brother accidentally shot a hole in a truck during an altercation involving trespassing on his property. The person owning the truck had his kids in it. My brother was arrested and his home searched for weapons which were impounded. Think gun grabbing California could do less?
My idiot brother accidentally shot a hole in a truck during an altercation involving trespassing on his property. The person owning the truck had his kids in it. My brother was arrested and his home searched for weapons which were impounded. Think gun grabbing California could do less? Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
I know they can. 2010 i was out there on Camp Pendleton with one of the west coast Seebee dets doing a training exercise.. In the local news, they had a story about a local guy who was suing the cops AND HIS sister in law, after SHE had made a false claim to cops that "My bro in law is mental, and has made threats".. So the cops came into his house and confiscated all his guns (8). Even after her claim was proven false, the cops still refused to give the guns back, so he was taking them to court.

Never found out if he won or not though.
Damn, he had an arsenal. He must be a domestic terrorist. California mentality

In Texas, that isn't even a good starter kit.