Religious Blackmail

Very few religious people of any faith follow the teachings of their ancient holy books to the letter. And it's probably a good idea, because these ancient documents all had some rather offensive teachings.

And what perhaps best demonstrates this phenomenon:

Luke 19:22-27, Jesus orders killed anyone who refuses to be ruled by him. (Link to the text, for those who don't believe me)

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...18&version=NIV

As you can see, it's trivial to find offensive, violent passages in ancient books considered to be holy. What matters is how people live their lives, not the minutiae of the ancient books they revere. Originally Posted by blowpop
That is not an order from Jesus to kill non-believers it is a parable that you have taken completely out of context.

http://www.searchgodsword.org/com/bc...lu&chapter=019
So you're saying that I took it out of context?
Is that the sound of crickets that I hear? Originally Posted by blowpop
That was the sound of me whoring and killing dove........

Your nonsense concerning Mark 7 is just that.......nonsense. Jesus was demonstrating their hypocracy in the "ceremony" of the law (Jesus not washing his hands).......while you ignore the fact that in death Christ abolished the "law" you attempt to demand that christians where as a yolk.

Luke 19 is a partly accurate in your assessment.......except, Jesus is decribing what will happen on the day of judgement......he is not instructing anyone to kill or subdue anyone.

Stick to whoring, scripture is not your strong suit.
So you're saying that I took it out of context? Originally Posted by blowpop
What part of "it is a parable that you have taken completely out of context" are you questioning?
That was the sound of me whoring and killing dove........ Originally Posted by dearhunter
I'm hoping you remembered which to fuck and which to shoot.

Your nonsense concerning Mark 7 is just that.......nonsense. Jesus was demonstrating their hypocracy in the "ceremony" of the law (Jesus not washing his hands)....... Originally Posted by dearhunter
If only his followers were as clear on hypocrisy.

while you ignore the fact that in death Christ abolished the "law" you attempt to demand that christians where as a yolk. Originally Posted by dearhunter
Honestly, I find the entire concept of being ruled by the words in a 2,000 year old book to be bizarre. But I also don't understand those who do believe and who are arrogant enough to pick and choose about which part God was actually serious about.

I mean, it's either the word of God or it isn't.

Stick to whoring, scripture is not your strong suit. Originally Posted by dearhunter
Actually, arguing scripture is pretty much pointless. Folks will interpret it however they chose, and logic really isn't a part of it.
I shot in one (covered) and shot at the other........my aim ain't what it used to be.