Obama Is Dedicated To Terrorism

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Capice

1.Capice

Asking for agreement, understanding, belief. Answered with itself. Often used in italian mafia-type settings to emphasize understanding.
Frank: "If you dont shutup, im going to bust your frickin head open with a baseball bat, capice?!"
Tony: "Capice"

2.Capice

Demand for agreement, implying the other party should proceed as told, whether they agree to terms or not.
There's a few things I Want you to take care for me. What should I call them; problems! I Want you to make them disappear, if you get what I mean, capice!

With attitude...I was trying to help Doove here. His word, the Italian word, lacked any style. The original word is C-A-P-I-R-E which means simply "understand" which is not a question.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Capice Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
The word is C-A-P-I-C-E. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
So, you are now only making the argument that capice is in fact a word (at least it is according to a questionable source called "The Urban Dictionary").

Nevertheless, it seems to be significantly different from your original claim of "the word is C-A-P-I-C-E," which if nothing else spelled out that "capisce" was not a word.

Bottom line: The know it all, 'wanna be' Teacher strongly implied that Doove was wrong. And it was proved that he wasn't!

Capisce is in fact, a word. Just ask Random House Dictionary @ dictionary.com!

Capisce?
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Capice Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
is urban dictionary the only credible source you could find for "capice"
is urban dictionary the only credible source you could find for "capice" Originally Posted by JCM800
Shall we label this JD's Capisce vs Capice caper?

I didn't realize that our resident know-it-all was only relying upon Urban Dictionary as a reputable source for us to use on an adult entertainment Board. Shall we throw out the Webster's and/or Random House and invest in a new "Urban Dictionary?" Had I realized that Urban Dictionary was JD's dictionary of choice, I would have gone there in the first place. Had I done so, this is what I would have found:

1. Capisce

Capisce (pronounced cah-PEESH) is an Italian word that is used in American slang to say "got it" or "understand." The correct word in Italian would be capisci (pronounced cah-PEE-shee) to address the second person informally, a.k.a. you. Capisce, in Italian, is used only to address the second person formally (like when speaking to an elder or someone you don't know) or to express that a third person (he, she, it) understands. The correct Italian pronunciation of capisce is cah-PEE-shay.

To say I understand is capisco (cah-PEE-sko).
You better get outta my house before I break your face, capisce? Yeah, capisco.

2. capisce

Italiano for "get it?", or "understand?", or "do I make myself clear?". Used commonly by mafioso people.
"This is your first and final warning. Don'tchu ever, and I mean ever, do that again. Capisce?"

"Everything but capisce."

3. Capisce
Italiano Meaning of "Understand?" Often used by popular Mafioso bosses like John 'Dapper Don' Gotti
You fuckin piece of shit,you come around here again ya dead,capisce?!

Now that we have determined that (according to JD's only source) "capisce" and capice" are both acceptable Urban Dictionary words, why did JD take the time to correct Doove in the first placed? Does JD only recognize some Urban Dictionary words and not others? If so, should JD be the only person capable of making the determination of what should be acceptable Urban Dictionary words and what shouldn't be?

I do not want sound presumptuous. Perhaps JD should be the one to respond to that question!

Capisce?
I have shown that I had a word after you said it didn't exist. You were wrong! I have shown some sense of style while you have shown boorish behavior. It took about 30 seconds to correct Doove but your responses must have taken days of comtemplation. You time would have been better spend trying to potty train your children. Vittoria! (thats another Italian word...)
  • Doove
  • 06-25-2013, 07:47 AM
With attitude...I was trying to help Doove here. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Uh huh.

is urban dictionary the only credible source you could find for "capice" Originally Posted by JCM800
And it only took him a day and a half to do it.

I have shown that I had a word after you said it didn't exist. You were wrong! Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Aintchu is in the urban dictionary too.

So aintchu clever?
  • Doove
  • 06-25-2013, 07:49 AM
When Obama sounds like Hitler, I will quote them both. I have. I don't approve of either one. What's your point, Doofie?

Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
My point is that there are over 3 billion people in this world. You find one who agrees with you on something and you can't wait to run here and point it out.
I have shown that I had a word after you said it didn't exist. You were wrong! I have shown some sense of style while you have shown boorish behavior. It took about 30 seconds to correct Doove but your responses must have taken days of comtemplation. You time would have been better spend trying to potty train your children. Vittoria! (thats another Italian word...) Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
It must be a humbling experience for JD knowing that the rest of the class has now witnessed the Prof having his stupid ass handed to him by a New Yawker and a Cougar High Alum.

Eat 'em Up!

Ever considered changing your handle to spam daddy?
Whiny=Spam Daddy?

Hmmmmm!

My point is that there are over 3 billion people in this world. You find one who agrees with you on something and you can't wait to run here and point it out. Originally Posted by Doove
I've learned that when people agree with me, they are usually right.

Snick x 2
  • Doove
  • 06-26-2013, 06:23 AM
I've learned that when people agree with me, they are usually right.

If you were so confident in your views, you wouldn't need to continually point out that someone else thinks it too.

Get out of your basement. Go live a little.