Seeking advice.

Five years on icky and you do not know how to use Search ... Holy tebow. For this particular Search, I recommend going all forums. Originally Posted by pyramider
I'm just sayin, sometimes "could not find %s%1' is not the most helpful result, and the search button, it would be nice
oh, lol, there is a button there hahahahahahahaha.. ok, I'll shutup now and go crawl back in my hole.
Thank you so much to everyone that helped me. I didn't reach my goal, but that was my failing, and I still ended up having a good time. I will definitely be doing this again sometime (hopefully soon), and hopefully reach my goal next time.

Again, thank you to everyone that offered your advice, it was a great boon to this shy, awkward nerd.
I may be wrong…but maybe you sent long emails asking for advice? If you did, you may have come across as wanting to chit-chat and a time waster. I am not newbie friendly. The reason I'm not is in my experience, ALL of the newbies who contacted me ended up sending me continuous endless emails back and forth and when I tried to be efficient and set up a date, they disappeared or they got cold feet….100% of the time. On top of that, they are not familiar with etiquette and discretion in here and I don't have time to be a mentor. Originally Posted by samantha thom

I am newbie-friendly, and I don't mind giving advice to a certain point. BUT... I agree that endless, overly detailed communications do send up time-waster red flags. Don't try to be "eloquent", just state your situation concisely. Being inexperienced is fine, but being a time-waster, looky-loo, or potential boundary crosser is not.
I am newbie-friendly, and I don't mind giving advice to a certain point. BUT... I agree that endless, overly detailed communications do send up time-waster red flags. Don't try to be "eloquent", just state your situation concisely. Being inexperienced is fine, but being a time-waster, looky-loo, or potential boundary crosser is not. Originally Posted by Bijou Neko
Heh, the communications were a bit long-winded because I tend to follow things to the letter, and everything I read said "don't be direct about it"; so I made sure everything I wrote could be taken multiple ways while still making sense. As for being a time-waster or looky-loo, I try not to be, your time is as valuable as mine, and I would rather not waste either.As for being a boundary crosser, that I am definitely not. I am way too shy, have too much to lose if I get put on a blacklist, and would feel bad to boot.
We all end up on a blacklist eventually. Usually put there by those who have axes to grind.