A Provider Rant – Did This Hobbyist Step Over The Line

BDD- You expected me to have lunch with you OFF THE CLOCK, then go to my place and pay for a show. I don't have to give up my time for free. How dare you try to round up sympathy.

Your exact words were lunch off the clock. I don't have to put up with that from you or anyone else.

It is my time. My rates are on my website. If you don't like how I do business then move on.

I will save my manners and skills for someone who treats me like a lady rather than someone to insult me with his stupidity and feels that they are entitled to OFF THE CLOCK time with me.
In all fairness you're not doing her a favor by offering to buy her to lunch at a place of her choice and asking for off the clock time from someone you've never met with. It was actually kinda rude. I'm sure if she wanted lunch she could buy it herself. Secondly it's not rude because she had been corresponding with him via pm so of course she's probably assuming this guy is a time waster. Lastly you're asking for her to take time out of her day to have lunch with you. You have no right to ask a lady whom you've never met with to have off the clock time. It was outta line.
Jaszz1j, no it was not out of line nor inappropriate, however, you are entitled to your opinion as am I. I don't know if what the OP wrote in his first post was actually the situation but given that Miss Mikki is upset with the asking for off the clock time for lunch, and the OP posting on this site about that and nothing else it seems. It appears to me that the OP was accurate in his description of what he did.

~~~~

Miss Mikki, just a thought for you is this:

You can certainly not spend time with people as you choose. However, you might want to consider that doing what was relayed as the question posed in the OP is a normal part of any business regardless of industry. It is not inappropriate to ask as all you had to do was either write, or say, "no, thank you". When it becomes inappropriate is when the guy pursues things after being told no. Since the both of you have posted in this thread and there has been no mention of that happening, then I don’t believe he did that.

There had been many times that I had lunch, or dinner, with a provider, and it was off the clock when there was a session afterwards. If the initial phone conversation, and email, show mutual interest then what better way is there to determine if the both of you like each other than by sharing a meal and talking off the clock? You still have to eat sometime outside of client relations, so why not turn the time spent doing that into a potential money making endeavor? It could have led to a long term business deal, but then it could not have. No one ever gets anywhere in life if they don’t ask. Also, what is important to remember is how one handles situations different to how they think shows what their character is.
Phantom of the opera- You do not tell me what to do. You are not going to give me a lesson on how to conduct myself either. I don't care what you do with yourself.

You must have me confused with someone else.
No worries Miss Mikki. Have a good one.
Wow, it was, so classic
People who feel entitled don't "request" they "demand".

Big difference....
.....and I am looking for some advice.... Originally Posted by BDD
It's always quite interesting when people start threads looking for "advice".
It's always quite interesting when people start threads looking for "advice". Originally Posted by Sarunga
Most people who ask for "advice" are looking for "confirmation."
I knew it! I guessed right.
Wait...you actually wanted to book a session with Mikki Fine???? For the love of god why???
sounds like something a certain "fine" provider would say Originally Posted by ZedX79
Give that caveman a cigar!

BDD, welcome to the National Blacklist.
Hey cb..even though underlined text has been the internet standard for URLs for two decades, not everyone is going to realize there is a link there...just sayin'...
Hey cb..even though underlined text has been the internet standard for URLs for two decades, not everyone is going to realize there is a link there...just sayin'... Originally Posted by Wakeuр
Oh Sweetheart, look at you trying to be helpful. It's nice to know that all your opinions and thoughts that aren't filled with bile and spite. I'm just keepin' it realz and all for you Fo'Realz, but I do have a question for ya..................... When you say sweet things like this do you say it in a fake Southern or a fake English accent?
Hey cb..even though underlined text has been the internet standard for URLs for two decades, not everyone is going to realize there is a link there...just sayin'... Originally Posted by Wakeuр
Yes, I need to work on being less cryptic.