Eating Out (with) a Provider

I love The Melting Pot! 1 of my favorites for a nice romantic dinner

~Gen Nicole~
GG--Andiamo's . . . Isn't that the place in the strip center on Burnet Rd north of 183? Molto autentico, mi amico! Originally Posted by meldrick
"How's the Italian food in this place?"
"The best in town, try the veal. I'm gonna talk in Italian to Mike now..."

Yeah that's it. It is the best in town for certrain. Down side is it's in a converted store front, but from inside you can barely tell.
I'd say the Driskill Grill and Hudson's on the bend are some of the few restaurants in Austin where you could get away with being dressed up and not feel way overdressed. The typical uniform for Austin 3 and 4 star dining is business casual, trendy or slacker. You almost never see guys in jackets and ties or ladies in cocktail dresses -- sad if you ask me. I love dressing up and you can easily be at $100 a plate meal in this town sitting next to a table full of people in flip-flops and shorts. Originally Posted by Sensual Sophia
YES!

Thank you!

I am always out at wine tastings and dinners and I can not believe what I see!

These things take place at places like the 4 Seasons, The Belmont, Louis 106, The Driskill, The Rennassaince ETC.... And there really is no dress code. Where I come from you would get tossed out dressing the way some of these people do at fine dining establishments. Some of these people are in the restaraunt and wine business and are representing their employers very poorly!

My friend describes the (lack of) fashion sense here in Austin as "Post Apocalyptic"!

I have resorted to dressing down for many occaisions because 1. I stick out like a sore thumb, and 2. I get shit from the slackers for looking good.
Uchi has some dynamic sushi.
  • 03-10-2010, 08:12 AM
YES!

Thank you!

I am always out at wine tastings and dinners and I can not believe what I see!

These things take place at places like the 4 Seasons, The Belmont, Louis 106, The Driskill, The Rennassaince ETC.... And there really is no dress code. Where I come from you would get tossed out dressing the way some of these people do at fine dining establishments. Some of these people are in the restaraunt and wine business and are representing their employers very poorly!

My friend describes the (lack of) fashion sense here in Austin as "Post Apocalyptic"!

I have resorted to dressing down for many occaisions because 1. I stick out like a sore thumb, and 2. I get shit from the slackers for looking good. Originally Posted by rekcaSxT
It's spoiled grape juice, dog.

So you equate the necktie with the apocalypse? We agree.
I just finally ate at Trio for the first time last night and it was EXCELLENT. But stay away from the beet salad -- way too sweet.