11 Officers Shot 3 Dead

Lets not get all lathered up and stupid about this. This was a mass killing of random members of this sick person's targeted group. Sane people simply do not do this. Painting wide swaths of people with the same brush leads to the very type of activity you are complaining about. STOP IT!
Dude I live near Dallas, we haven't had any issues with the police in ages!
Their pretty good as far a police can get in a city the size of Dallas.
How many of that 97% are on video killing blacks and walking free, with paid vacations and never serving jail time??? Originally Posted by Randall Creed
Well you have a point. Let me know when predominantly black neighborhoods start filming the crimes in their own communities, committed by their own neighbors for the purpose of prosecution.
Are the facts out about "who" actually committed these murders? IMO, there are different ways to view this matter.
Frique-Me, sweetheart, sexy...

Why is the black community expressing more fear of the police than of their own neighbors and acquaintances? More blacks are killed by other blacks in their own neighborhood, by other black people they know personally than are killed by white cops. We're talking like 97% vs 1%.

Why fear of the 1% and not the 97%?

You know I luv you baby but please explain this to me. Originally Posted by THN
THN!!! My girl...

I cant speak for the black community but as for me, I dont associate myself with people whom aren't trying to do better, be better, live better. As a result I tend to live in upper mid-class surroundings. which sometimes put me in conflict with certain members OF MY own race. One of the internal struggles of blackness is there are some who think; I THINK, I'm "better than" for whatever reason they want to pull out of their ass. and I have to admit, there are some in my race that scare me BUT I can say that about Donald Trump too (sorry)

Like most, I learn from history and history has taught me to believe what I believe. You're right when you say (statistically) most blacks are killed by other blacks, I'd ask that you also acknowledge most whites are killed by other whites (statistically speaking).

I love your questions babe, They force me to think
Painting wide swaths of people with the same brush leads to the very type of activity you are complaining about. STOP IT! Originally Posted by yerbman
Painting a wide swath is ONE of the contributing factors for why this keeps happening. To say that we... ALL OF US don't have race-based preconceived notions is FALSE. The challenge is to acknowledge and rise above it.
Frique-Me, sweetheart, sexy...

Why is the black community expressing more fear of the police than of their own neighbors and acquaintances? More blacks are killed by other blacks in their own neighborhood, by other black people they know personally than are killed by white cops. We're talking like 97% vs 1%.

Why fear of the 1% and not the 97%?

You know I luv you baby but please explain this to me. Originally Posted by THN
My name is not frique-me, but I would like you to freak me. I will also try to provide an explanation.

I believe in most of the predominantly black neighborhoods where violent crimes are rampant, poverty and lack of education is a major issue. However, that becomes a norm for such an area. I grew up in such a neighborhood, and I was always taught to keep my head on a swivel. Believe me, there is definitely fear within these communities. The question is, who would such people express the fear to? Police? Community leaders? Does anyone really care about the fears of the poor in a poverty stricken environment? Probably not.

Additionally, at least that fear is one people cope with right? If I'm in the hood and lil ray ray shoots lil bo bo, big t (lil bo bo's cousin) will shoot lil ray ray the following week, thus the cycle continues. Now, there is a distinct difference when talking about individuals sworn to serve and protect.

When Officer Dan shoots lil bo bo, whether it be justified or not, there is the possibilty he wouldn't wouldn't be questioned or recieve any retaliatory action. So, to answer your question, would you fear someone on the same playing ground as you are? Or would you fear someone who can pop a cap in your ass and go get a steak dinner without a care in the world? Powerlessness is not a good feeling, this drives people who don't have much capacity for rationalization and consideration to do some fucked up things.

But unless, you really just walk a mile in the black man's shoes, no one would ever understand the harsh realities and the unique challenges we have to deal with on a daily basis. By no means am I trying to say no one else has any challenges, neither am I trying to garner sympathy in any way. All I am saying is that people rarely do things for no reason at all, there is rarely a "black and white" (no pun intended) explanation to matters such as these, lastly, there is rarely a group who have 100% of the answers and are right 100% of the time. You can rarely attribute cases like these to the actions (or lack of) from "one" group of people.

I think the real solution is just coming together as rational human beings and discussing a solution (see what I did there?)

In other news, I have tasted some chocolate chip toffee cookies and they were the bum diggity!
There's no way you guys are actually this dense.

This situation is a direct action of the last two cop killings of black men.

Actually, not only the last two killings, but the pattern of unjustified, unconvicted killings of black men/kids.

This is what this is all about. But pretend not to know. Originally Posted by Randall Creed

I tend to agree with Randall that at the very least the last two killing in Minnesota and Louisiana were the straws that broke the camels back for last night tragedy. Based on the witness accounts the Minnesota shooting was totally unjustified and the officer needs to be arrested and prosecuted. The Louisiana shooting is not quite as clear but appears to be unjustified as well. Outside of the young boy who was killed in Cleveland and the man who was shot in the back as he was running away I believe in South Carolina I am not familiar with any others were the shooting/death would be considered questionable recently.
My name is not frique-me, but I would like you to freak me. I will also try to provide an explanation.

I believe in most of the predominantly black neighborhoods where violent crimes are rampant, poverty and lack of education is a major issue. However, that becomes a norm for such an area. I grew up in such a neighborhood, and I was always taught to keep my head on a swivel. Believe me, there is definitely fear within these communities. The question is, who would such people express the fear to? Police? Community leaders? Does anyone really care about the fears of the poor in a poverty stricken environment? Probably not.

Additionally, at least that fear is one people cope with right? If I'm in the hood and lil ray ray shoots lil bo bo, big t (lil bo bo's cousin) will shoot lil ray ray the following week, thus the cycle continues. Now, there is a distinct difference when talking about individuals sworn to serve and protect.

When Officer Dan shoots lil bo bo, whether it be justified or not, there is the possibilty he wouldn't wouldn't be questioned or recieve any retaliatory action. So, to answer your question, would you fear someone on the same playing ground as you are? Or would you fear someone who can pop a cap in your ass and go get a steak dinner without a care in the world? Powerlessness is not a good feeling, this drives people who don't have much capacity for rationalization and consideration to do some fucked up things.

But unless, you really just walk a mile in the black man's shoes, no one would ever understand the harsh realities and the unique challenges we have to deal with on a daily basis. By no means am I trying to say no one else has any challenges, neither am I trying to garner sympathy in any way. All I am saying is that people rarely do things for no reason at all, there is rarely a "black and white" (no pun intended) explanation to matters such as these, lastly, there is rarely a group who have 100% of the answers and are right 100% of the time. You can rarely attribute cases like these to the actions (or lack of) from "one" group of people.

I think the real solution is just coming together as rational human beings and discussing a solution (see what I did there?)

In other news, I have tasted some chocolate chip toffee cookies and they were the bum diggity! Originally Posted by DarkeyKong
I'm at work at can't really sit down to reply but I wanted to thank you for this post. It makes a lot of sense. Thank you. I'll write more later.
Are the facts out about "who" actually committed these murders? IMO, there are different ways to view this matter. Originally Posted by DarkeyKong
Yes, there are:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/07/08...y-rampage.html

When Officer Dan shoots lil bo bo, whether it be justified or not, there is the possibilty he wouldn't wouldn't be questioned or recieve any retaliatory action. So, to answer your question, would you fear someone on the same playing ground as you are? Or would you f

But unless, you really just walk a mile in the black man's shoes, no one would ever understand the harsh realities and the unique challenges we have to deal with on a daily basis.

In other news, I have tasted some chocolate chip toffee cookies and they were the bum diggity! Originally Posted by DarkeyKong
Thanks DK, Great answer Bud
Yes, there are:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/07/08...y-rampage.html Originally Posted by ramblinman69
An unbiased account from Fox News...
  • NYr
  • 07-08-2016, 12:39 PM
???

I'm just woderinng how the CURRENT contributions this conversation are politicized (I'm just asking). Please don't stifle the conversation before it gets a chance to start... Discussion is obviously needed Bud, shutting us down only contributes to the madness Originally Posted by Frique-Me

Not shutting you down...but there have been other threads which got very political and nasty...so wanted to warn folks to not take it that way here.

Lets be respectful of the events themselves.
Yes, there are:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/07/08...y-rampage.html Originally Posted by ramblinman69
Wow, one man caused all of this death and destruction? The quotes from the suspect sound really basic and very "low brow". "I want to kill white people", "especially white cops"? Sounds like a headcase. I hear war does affect men in strange ways. This was a pretty psychopathic event and a true tragedy. I hear one of those guys was a newlywed.
If you have a gun and a police officer tells you to get your hands up, do it. I'd shoot him too if he reached behind his back when told to keep his hands up.

The Louisiana incident someone called in and said the guy pulled a gun on someone in the street. Why are you wrestling with cops?

Both guys had weapons or access to weapons.

Some people are too dumb to own guns. You should have to pass an iq and common sense test and have no criminal background before you can own a gun and have a chl.

I tend to agree with Randall that at the very least the last two killing in Minnesota and Louisiana were the straws that broke the camels back for last night tragedy. Based on the witness accounts the Minnesota shooting was totally unjustified and the officer needs to be arrested and prosecuted. The Louisiana shooting is not quite as clear but appears to be unjustified as well. Outside of the young boy who was killed in Cleveland and the man who was shot in the back as he was running away I believe in South Carolina I am not familiar with any others were the shooting/death would be considered questionable recently. Originally Posted by txexetoo