Economy close to tanking?

For those interested, it looks like they will avoid a shutdown.

House Republicans Defy Trump’s Call for Brinkmanship on Shutdown

Party leaders discuss three-month deal that is expected to be amenable to Democrats

WASHINGTON—House Republicans signaled Thursday they have no appetite for a government-shutdown battle right ahead of the November election, ignoring exhortations from former President Donald Trump to hold the line on an election-security bill opposed by Democrats.

GOP leaders are discussing a bill that would keep federal agencies funded until mid-December, an idea in line with what Democrats have said they would support. The new proposal under discussions being led by House Speaker Mike Johnson (R., La.) could get a vote early next week and then head to the Democratic-run Senate. It leaves out any election-related provisions, which Democrats had called a poison pill.

Congress needs to act by the Sept. 30 end of the fiscal year to prevent a partial government shutdown.

The revised approach would mark the latest in a series of humbling episodes for Republican leaders, who have repeatedly relied on Democrats this term to help pass spending legislation in the House due to deep divisions in the GOP ranks and their narrow majority.

Read more here:
https://www.wsj.com/politics/policy/...d=hp_lead_pos6
I have forgotten more about economics than you will ever know Blackman. Originally Posted by farmstud60

And here I thought you were the bovine expert vs economics. Buy pork bellies, sell oranges!

Lol. Does the Oracle of Omaha keep you on speed dial in case he has a question? That Missouri River has both healing and huge economic properties, that impart economic knowledge to all who drink from its healing shores.

What reason do you think the Fed used to do 50 basis point reduction??
And here I thought you were the bovine expert vs economics. Buy pork bellies, sell oranges!

Lol. Does the Oracle of Omaha keep you on speed dial in case he has a question? That Missouri River has both healing and huge economic properties, that impart economic knowledge to all who drink from its healing shores.

What reason do you think the Fed used to do 50 basis point reduction?? Originally Posted by eyecu2

Many think because the economy is starting to struggle more, with the huge revision downward of the jobs numbers.
Me too. The pure stupidity or blatant ignorance on display on this thread is beyond the pale.
I’m speechless. Originally Posted by txdot-guy