Southern Cooking

I really enjoy threads like this; this is when The Community rallies....chock full of great information & places to dine.

Thanks for contributing, everyone.....looks like I need to get out & check on some of these local establishments.
Sweet Georgia Brown even though I haven't been in a while, I'm never on that side of town anymore but I do drive from Plano to Irving quite frequently just to go to Po' Melvin's.
+1 for Celebration
Babe's has 9 locations http://www.babeschicken.com/our-kitchens/
They all operate the same way but some have more meat items. Family style, you just order your meat and you get all of the sides.
They have a 'vegetable of the day' that can be beans, cabbage, greens, or okra/tomatoes.
I can't believe I forgot Babe's. That's a must-visit for anyone who hasn't been.
Now I am hungry!!!!!!!!
SISSY'S on Henderson is excellent, especially for brunch with their specialty drinks.
Ok I love steak but i havent found a place yet that has good slap your momma kinda cooking. The stuff that makes you wanna have that good knock out nap after....

Pork chops....pot roast....ham hocks....turkey necks....

I love fresh greens i dont care collard, mustard or turnip and the home made mash potatoes......yams

Im looking for all of that a lot of times i dont feel like cooking i work all the damn time.....

So any places for this people.... Originally Posted by SexyPlatinum
Babes fried chicken. One in Garland off of beltline. Closest thing to what my granny used to cook
Who has the best fried chicken in the Dallas area? Originally Posted by biglatinmale
Babes
I disagree on babes it's not all that to me
no Babes is overpriced...

I do like
Cowboy Chicken!