Question??

• 07-21-2010, 03:13 AM
I am very much an America first type guy. We, as Americans, can argue among ourselves about what we should each be doing for, or to, each other. But I am always for an American over any other citizen of any other nation. Originally Posted by Rudyard K
In contrast to that Diogenes of Sinope: "I am not an Athenian or a Greek, but a citizen of the world."
In contrast to that Diogenes of Sinope: "I am not an Athenian or a Greek, but a citizen of the world." Originally Posted by ..
if diogenes was of sinope he was not athenian nor a greek..sinope is in turkey...

as far as a citizen of the world..well i guess he had no loyalty, no people, no sense of community, no love of tradition, no sense of gratefulness, and correspondingly no sense of sacrifice for kin

he thought happiness was a destruction of what he thought were artifical outgrowths of society.

of course he would masturbate in the city market
See this why i am such a arrogant smartass while dealing with avatars and personalities like yours. Originally Posted by ..
Wow?! I like poetry, prose and quotations...and particularly like Mr. K. I didn't know that would be cause for inciting arrogant smartassness.

But let's not be off-topic, so let's get back to your original question. A good solution are SPF records, but not everybody implements them and / or uses them:

http://www.google.com/support/a/bin/...n&answer=33786
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sender_Policy_Framework Originally Posted by ..
I really wasn't seeking a solution for me individually. I've got a few really smart tech guys who spend all day, every day, keeping my stuff back behind firewalls (or whatever that stuff is called). So far, that has been successful. I think I may be one of the old folk who really don't know all this stuff.

I was mainly asking about this on a more global basis for the country. But nevertheless, it would appear it is much more difficult than I intially surmised.
I am very much an America first type guy...But I am always for an American over any other citizen of any other nation. Kind of like my brothers and sisters...I'll fight with them tooth and nail. But let some neighbor try to jump them and I'll come down on that neighbor like a ton of bricks. Originally Posted by Rudyard K
In contrast to that Diogenes of Sinope: "I am not an Athenian or a Greek, but a citizen of the world." Originally Posted by ..
No man is an Island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the Continent, a part of the main; if a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friends or of thine own were; any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankind; And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; It tolls for thee.
John Donne, Meditation XVII
English clergyman & poet (1572 - 1631)
I much prefer Donne's viewpoint to RK's.

I also think the idea RK posited in this thread is very much un-American in that it would inhibit free speech.

[However, that being said, I can't remember agreeing with RK on anything. And I think from his pointed posts against me, it is obvious he despises me. I think it is so sad to have that much bitterness.]
[However, that being said, I can't remember agreeing with RK on anything. And I think from his pointed posts against me, it is obvious he despises me. I think it is so sad to have that much bitterness.] Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
It would seem this is much more about your "Nobody likes me, everybody hates me" perception of yourself. Frankly, I don't think enough about you to despise you. Despising takes way too much effort.
  • 07-21-2010, 08:09 AM
if diogenes was of sinope he was not athenian nor a greek..sinope is in turkey... Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
Back in his days were was no Turkey and Sinope was at best an Ionian colony on the Black Sea.

And while he was (probably) born in Sinope, he was educated in Athens (by Antisthenes) and Athens also was the place there declared that he is κοσμοπολίτης / cosmopolitan / citizen of the world.
  • 07-21-2010, 08:16 AM
of course he would masturbate in the city market Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
of course and while doing so he'd say: "If only it was as easy to banish hunger by rubbing the belly as it is to masturbate."

And the most exclusive High Dollar Hottie of his time -- Phryne (Φρύνη) -- would do offer her companionship for free to him, because she admired his mind.
And the most exclusive High Dollar Hottie of his time -- Phryne (Φρύνη) -- would do offer her companionship for free to him, because she admired his mind. Originally Posted by ..
Do you think that might work here?
  • 07-21-2010, 09:02 AM
Would you rather be a lion in captivity & live 24 years, or in the wild & live 10-14 years? Answer the question every morning; then look at your condition.
Currently I run a pretty good sized one; though not something really huge like comcast or verizon.

Yes, I have the technology to protect you.

But I shall not do so.

It is your job to exercise both freedom and responsibility.

Freedom entails risk.

Wanna be safe? Say goodbye to freedom.
  • 07-21-2010, 09:25 AM
Do you think that might work here? Originally Posted by Rudyard K
y mean 4 a golfer or 4 a man?