Newbe friendly but how about oldie friendly

Please forgive me ladies. Sometimes dry humor does not carry over well in text. I was poking fun at old guys like me (and yes, I have had my AARP card for 6 years) not actualy suggesting there should be an AARP discount. I am truly sorry if my attempt at humor was misunderstood or caused any concern.
Please forgive me ladies. Sometimes dry humor does not carry over well in text. I was poking fun at old guys like me (and yes, I have had my AARP card for 6 years) not actualy suggesting there should be an AARP discount. I am truly sorry if my attempt at humor was misunderstood or caused any concern. Originally Posted by Bubba3452
I won't give an AARP discount but I will give an OFD
(Old Fart Discount) Just joking!
It is something to think about while I'm doing laundry!
Ok here I go....

#1: The services we ladies offer are not essential, they are not needed for a person to survive like food is. (all jokes aside).

#2: Being able to hobby is NOT a right, it is a privilege, the sooner some people realize this the better.

#3: You dont have the money to hobby? Then you dont hobby. Plain and simple. Just like you dont go anywhere that offers services, goods, merchandise, etc without expecting ahead of time to pay what they advertise. Period. These times are hard for everyone- providers included. Some of which have families they are supporting as well.

#4: There are many many ladies who offer discounts, very incredible ones that should please anyone and everyone. That should be enough. If it is not- perhaps look elsewhere because this is not the place obviously if you need to ask.

No offense, please do not take it the wrong way. Just establishing a point from a business perspective and one of respect and dignity as well.

By the way:

How about you give me my hourly rate and you leave after 10 minutes? Fair?

It works both ways, you know.

XOXO
KKA Originally Posted by KlassyKelliAnn
Couldn't have said it better, myself!
LOL @ Reese!

Bubba, apology accepted, at least for me it is. Didnt know you were making a joke and I of all people who incredibly enjoys a sense of dry humor and exceptional sarcasm did not see it in your OP at all. But if it was just a bit of humor at OUR expense then no worries. Let's let the dogs lie, shall we. No discounts, but forgiveness is always given when asked for it. Ciao babe!

KKA

EDIT: PS to Bubba: I also think it was in poor taste because you are, afterall, a MOD and I think as a MOD you must be upheld to a certain type of behavior above the rest. Mods are scrutinized into being so and should be as they make and are here to uphold rules so to speak. If you dont want a bunch of people acting rudely and disrespectfully on the board- why do it oneself as a MOD, correct? Now.....

Let's be friends! And talk about nasty, filthy, sexual stuff instead! XOXOXOXO
You deserve spankings.

I'll go round up some ladies. Lol

Please forgive me ladies. Sometimes dry humor does not carry over well in text. I was poking fun at old guys like me (and yes, I have had my AARP card for 6 years) not actualy suggesting there should be an AARP discount. I am truly sorry if my attempt at humor was misunderstood or caused any concern. Originally Posted by Bubba3452
I too support any woman’s business model. However you hustle in this industry to get that bank, I'm behind you.

But, I don't offer discounts, not to the elderly or military or anything like that. Personally, I'm too damn proud to take a discount and I assume my clients are as well. I've had incredible clients well into their 80's, legally blind clients, clients with one leg, etc... For me, that would be telling them either A) I am trying to compensate them for something. I mean really, does $50- off an hour Really make you feel better about being legally blind?? or B) I'm inferring that they, due to whatever issue, can't or won't be able to manage their money in order to see me if I Don't offer them a discount. Both insulting to them, in my opinion.

And, as for extra time... I offer everything up to week long excursions. My clients are welcome to pick whatever piece of time they would like. I'm not a clockwatcher (i.e. out the door you go at 59 minutes and 59 seconds No Matter What). But, my client looked over my time menu and picked a time. And, yes, that time is what we are now shooting for, and will make. I assume he/she is a busy, important person both personally and professionally and I would never want to keep them from the next thing they had to do after enjoying time with me. And, I assume, of course, that they feel the same about me and my time and personal and professional commitments.

I very rarely gather from conversation with my clients that they are living hand to mouth in an efficiency apartment eating ramen noodles. And, as others have mentioned, many of them mention other hobbies in addition to this one. So, I assume at least a bit of disposable income. So, if someone complains about my rates or discount policies it makes me consider my hobbies. I travel and I like to shoe shop, amongst other things. I can go today and buy a $50- pair of shoes at Macy's, or I can go in a few months, after I save up, and buy a pair of Jimmy's. I can drive to Denver for the weekend, this weekend, or I can save up and go to Paris at the end of the summer. If you want it, you delay gratification and enjoy anticipation. That's it. *shrug*

(And, before it even gets started. I'm not saying those Jimmy's wouldn't maybe hurt my feet or that Denver can't be as fun as Paris.) I know a Lot of ladies at both ends of the market that should be rearranging their rates, in my opinion, either up or down, lol.

A longwinded...
Kat
  • TBONE
  • 05-23-2011, 12:02 PM
In the true spirit of KKA's response and to prove the sincerity of Bubba's apology, it is hereby decreed:

Any Lady that Bubba visits for the next year will collect her full rate(no discount).
And kick him out after ten minutes.

T
I guess the "And most important we tend to be quicker at a lot of things :-)" part just did not click as a joke with everyone, though some did get it.

Again, sorry to upset you. That will teach me to make fun of myself.
Ok here I go....

#1: The services we ladies offer are not essential, they are not needed for a person to survive like food is. (all jokes aside).

#2: Being able to hobby is NOT a right, it is a privilege, the sooner some people realize this the better.

#3: You dont have the money to hobby? Then you dont hobby. Plain and simple. Just like you dont go anywhere that offers services, goods, merchandise, etc without expecting ahead of time to pay what they advertise. Period. These times are hard for everyone- providers included. Some of which have families they are supporting as well.

#4: There are many many ladies who offer discounts, very incredible ones that should please anyone and everyone. That should be enough. If it is not- perhaps look elsewhere because this is not the place obviously if you need to ask.

No offense, please do not take it the wrong way. Just establishing a point from a business perspective and one of respect and dignity as well.

By the way:

XOXO
Actually by reading a lot of reviews on ladies, there are several one pop and you are gone girls. Doesn't matter if it's an hour or 10 minutes. So you are correct. It does work both ways.
Ok here I go....

By the way:

XOXO
+1000...!!

Well said, and by the way lmfao off at the.. "How about you give me my hourly rate and you leave after 10 minutes? Fair?"

TFF...
I prefer an older man, makes me feel more secure and at ease. I am always open for suggestions and am not against bartering either. I believe I am very easy to get along with in that area.
Ok here I go....

By the way:

XOXO
I love it, all of it!
I love Threads like this, it gives you some insight
on the providers POV & ATTITUDE. thank you ladies.

CG

CG Originally Posted by Copierguy0
You are very welcome!

CG Originally Posted by Copierguy0

Welcome. LOL!

I am well known for it and I pride myself on my brutal honesty.