THOUGHTS PLEASE!!!!!

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your son. Keep us updated please.
My best wishes, thoughts and prayers to you and yours.
Stay positive put your trust in God as it is in his hands
Cancer is a unrelenting disease that must be destroyed
Stay positive put your trust in God as it is in his hands
Cancer is a unrelenting disease that must be destroyed Originally Posted by St.Mateo

+1
Ok got to get tis out EVERYWHERE. MH had surgery on Monday at MD Anderson. The thyroid cancer removed. We were told that he had further problems and would require a dreaded surgery that is an awful thing. Removal of vocal cords. MH went out of town for a get away and he just called and spoke with me. He had a call from the cancer hospital and was needing to set appointments for the surgery and treatments. MH has refused the surgeries and treatment. He has gone so far down from when we started this as he was head on with all. Just an update.
AND asking to keep MH in your thoughts and prayers as we make this decision in life.

Thanks,
vg69
I'm so sorry. My kids are still too young to make those decisions for themselves. That being said, my eldest son had a daily play buddy who lived next door when he was preschool age. This sweet angel was diagnosed with brain cancer at age 3. His mom (the strongest woman I have ever met in my life!) endured watching her only son go through hell for a year until he finally was in remission at age 4. About 9 months later a routine scan revealed his cancer had returned.

She had witnessed other families with children in the same situation the first time they went thru treatment. She had seen kids with little to no functionality left because gamma knife treatments had literally destroyed any "life" they may have had left. After evaluating her son's prognosis with everyone who's opinion she valued, she chose to let the cancer take it's course. He passed six months later at the age of 5.

Let me say that I cannot even begin to imagine what you or she has gone through. I wouldn't wish that kind of pain on my worst enemy. To accept a reality of that nature and live with all of the "what ifs" is an undeniably cruel burden that shook my faith even as a mere onlooker.

My heart goes out to you. There are many online support resources for accepting a loved one's decision to decline traditional treatments. One is caringbridge.com. It might only be for pediatric cases but they have a great reputation and probably have a list of other sites more specific to your son.

Thoughts and prayers.
Prayers for you and your family.

And that is why I WK THN. Read that, nothing but a great, caring, helpful heart.
Stay strong for you son. That is sometimes very hard to do.
Most of all, just be there for him.
My thoughts will be with your son, you and your family.
Hugs, love, and may God's healing hands touch your son. Xoxo
That breaks my heart to read that THN.
I cannot fathom what that must be like.
Being a father that is my worst fear.
It does shake your faith.
I do not think I could make it through something
Like that.
Please know your son is in our continued prayers VeryGood.
Although I haven't met you Verygood69, I almost did a couple of times...

Many have said "I don't know what I would do, or I don't think I could handle it", You have to believe that God will only allow you to go through what you can handle. I had always said the same thing, until I lost mine. With a ton of prayers and support from family and friends I found the strength to push forward. You have to be, and I believe you are, a very strong man to respect your sons decisions. I'm sure it has to be tough to watch.. My little girl was taken without warning, so there was no time to prepare for something so tragic. The Lord has given you opportunity to brace yourself and say all that needs to be said, for your sons life decision. My heart goes out to you and your family because nothing can truly prepare you for a total life change. May the Lord be with you and soften the steps you take. Thank you for keeping us up to date. God be with u and your family.
My thoughts are with you and your son.
THANK YOU !!!
We just left Houston this morning back in route to our new promise land. MH was called for further test and I basically forced him into the truck to make the trip!
We have discovered that the previous diagnosis was inconclusive. The new diagnosis is that he had a major infection to the max and that is why the word was so bad. We now know that he IS cancer FREE but will be doing a small amount of treatments for security.
FRIENDS, you have NO Idea what your words and prayers are worth!!!!!!
Thank You SO MUCH, I will never forget this as long as I live.
MH also wanted me to thank each and everyone of you as well!! ( yep he knows).
Thank You and God Bless each and everyone!!!!!!!!

vg69

That is great news, VG.

It is good you told him that there were strangers pulling for him. I have been in near death situations and the knowledge of strangers praying for me kept my will up during some very dark moments. And I would do it again before seeing one of my children do it. I'm glad the outlook has improved for both of you.

My best to you and your son.
Wonderful news!!!!