SEN. TED CRUZ; MAKING TEXANS, CONSERVATIVES, AND HISPANICS PROUD.....

It's not really "shutting down the government" that they are talking about. It is not allowing the executive to pay for what has already been passed and spent. Kinda like charging on your Amex Black and then not paying the bill because your wife won't let you. Just plain stupid. Originally Posted by austxjr
You're right. It IS stupid. We've already run our AMEX up to the tune of $16 Trillion. Whatever it takes to get them to quit overspending is ok by me. We can't keep running up this debt and expecting no consequences. So, let's let the government shut down, and only reopen what we absolutely need, can afford, and is Constitutional, and leave the rest to states, or to the people.

I like that idea. Quit sending money overseas. Quit fighting stupid wars. Close unnecessary and destructive agencies. End the IRS and replace it with a simple, understandable consumption tax.

IT JUST MIGHT WORK!!
They want to ELIMINATE government, not shut it down as in running out of budgetary support. Your distortion is the lie.

You are easy meat, and nowhere near the facts or the truth.

That indicates your willful use of subterfuge in trying to support your, ahem opinions.

In other words, we can't believe a word you say.
Please show where I, or any "Tea Wipe" have ever advocated eliminating government. I'd appreciate it.

You are becoming dangerously delusional, Assup.
Again, you distort. I said THEY, not you. But I don't think it would be hard to find something to back that up.

Like this, for example: http://www.petitiononline.com/antigovt/petition.html

A Congressman's take: http://www.teapartytribune.com/2011/...rnment’/

The Tea Pukes have advocated eliminating or abolishing virtually every function of the US Government ... education, agriculture, Medicare, Social security, etc. seems like the only thing they still support is the military... Go figure.

You're the delusional one. But please keep it up. You seem to have run a few of your fellow asswipes off, at least for the time being.
Oh, you mean they support abiding by the Constitution. You may be right, Assup. But that still isn't "eliminating" government. Ergo, you are a liar.