WalMart Threatens DC

I worked at a WalMart store while putting myself through college, never suckling off the government teat for one red cent. You don't have to mooch off the government, it's a choice. Originally Posted by nwarounder
I applaud you on your ability to put yourself through school. It's a feat not many can do, especially these days.

That being said, may I ask around when you did this? I only ask because with the cost of most college tuition having skyrocketed these past decades, it has become considerably more expensive to put oneself through school without any assistance, much less on a Wal-mart wage.

Do you also consider people who take student loans as moochers or is that a different category since they will theoretically pay it back?
I applaud you on your ability to put yourself through school. It's a feat not many can do, especially these days.

That being said, may I ask around when you did this? I only ask because with the cost of most college tuition having skyrocketed these past decades, it has become considerably more expensive to put oneself through school without any assistance, much less on a Wal-mart wage.

Do you also consider people who take student loans as moochers or is that a different category since they will theoretically pay it back? Originally Posted by jbravo_123
Twenty three years ago, and actually I would not have been able to do it with WalMart alone, I waited tables, bartended, mowed lawns and hauled hay during the summer and a couple of other odd jobs. And no, I wouldn't consider anybody a mooch that took out a loan if indeed they had every intention on repaying.