How are the Houston Texans going to do this year?

Not to worry. You have Sage ready to pick up the slack! Originally Posted by bigtex

I PRAY that they hand it to Sage.... .I liked what he did while he was here.... T-Jax scares the hell out of me, but that is who Chilly (Vikes Head Coach) likes!
I told Cush not to work out so hard. But did he listen, no. Now he has over trained athlete syndrome. At least he'll get sometime to rest up.
I went to the Texans practice this past Saturday. I'll still go back to something I originally posted. Dan Orlovsky is the best available backup QB? I don't give a damn about him having prior experience as a starter. He was a starter on a team that went 0-16. The QB is the leader on offense and if he couldn't lead his team to at least 1 victory to avoid running the table in reverse then he shouldn't even be in the league anymore. But just like with David Carr, Kubiak thinks he's "Captain Save-A-Ho" and he's gonna try and turn Orlovsky around....I digress.

Bottom line, if Schaub goes down, we're fucked! The next available QB is Orlovsky followed by John David Booty, a QB who played in USC's pro-style offense that no NFL team wanted. It's a crap shoot. We can't make the same mistakes we've always made and call ourselves wanting to make the playoffs.
Damn Ice, if it's like that then the Texans are fucked anyway!

That is a tough ass schedule for this year. And I agree with everyone who said that if they don't get to the playoffs Kubiak will be gone.

We'll see what happens.
Damn Ice, if it's like that then the Texans are fucked anyway!

That is a tough ass schedule for this year. And I agree with everyone who said that if they don't get to the playoffs Kubiak will be gone.

We'll see what happens. Originally Posted by kerwil62
But he's a nice church-going guy....

One year too late.

Bring on the ex Steeler genius!! Cowher would be perfect here!!! He is a great on-field coach and doesn't f-up time management decisions like Kubes did so many times.
Hell, Kubiak may be gone mid-way in the season if they're not over .500!
Hell, Kubiak may be gone mid-way in the season if they're not over .500! Originally Posted by kerwil62
Probably wouldn't matter..what with McClains love affair with the Broncos, we'd get another reject.
Mike Shanahan's nephew three times removed??
I take back everything I said about Trindon Holliday. Fucker looked lost.
  • Trey
  • 08-16-2010, 04:54 PM
they need to get someone to replace that slaton guy. They should have made him do like in that movie the Program and had him carry a ball around with him till next season.
Given that gauntlet they have to get through, it would be unfair to Kubiak to not get through it and get fired, and in comes Cowher (possibly) with a most likely weaker schedule to face getting credit for turning them around if they were to succeed.

I hate how things happen sometimes. Truth be told, I'm not all that impressed with Cowher. For all of his great work in Pittsburgh, all he has to show for it is a bullshit Super Bowl win.