Ladies, We'll Contact You, Don't Contact Us.

I assume that anyone who gives me their number is okay with me contacting it. If they are not, they should not give their number out. It is the married / otherwise engaged party's responsibility to keep their shift locked down. Carry a hobby phone, or use a google voice app, then keep them hidden. Giving out your personal number for impersonal liasons is a recipe for disaster, because wives / SO's *DO* find that stuff, and will go through everything until they barf in your shoes. Have your bills go to the office or a p.o. box, or better yet, pre pay with cash that you pull out when you buy groceries. There are a ton of threads on this and other sites on how to cover your tracks, so please don't get mad at the ladies because you chose not to do so. This is a fun hobby, fraught with risk, which makes it more fun... But don't take stupid risks.
Glad I'm single.....
A lot of us. like me, have a S.O. In an effort not to get Tigerized, I clean out all e-mails, texts, notes and call logs immediately after I see a Lady. I guess business is slow right now because I get unsolicited texts and e-mails from Ladies about availability, specials, visits from out of town, etc.

Ladies, you never know when the S.O. might be near our phones. Not good business sense to do this.

We know how to reach you, so let us do the initial contacting.

A Public Service Announcement From Oralist. Originally Posted by Oralist
There are options out there, but you are too lazy to find the right option to hobby safe. A 100% sure way to not get caught? Don't hobby...
  • klutz
  • 03-24-2013, 10:51 PM
The hooktards dont want you spreading that gospel Syn =P
I am glad I don't have to worry about the 'getting caught' factor. Even if you delete everything, there are still records. It's fairly easy to get into someone's wireless account and look at the records and many of those numbers can be googled up in a jif. Originally Posted by Liliana Vess
Wait, are you saying you're too sneaky for your husband to catch you?!?

Regarding phones: As others have stated in the thread, with the availability of prepaid phones out there today, there's really no reason to use your personal phone for hobbying. Keep your hobby phone off and locked at work and your SO won't find it. Don't you think it'll be more of a pain in the ass if you run into an unscrupulous provider and now she has your personal #? Try explaining to the SO why you need to change your number?

Also on a side note, my phone has learned the word "hobbyist". Damn you AutoCorrect!
Glad I'm single..... Originally Posted by kerwil62
Me too.
Also on a side note, my phone has learned the word "hobbyist". Damn you AutoCorrect! Originally Posted by jbravo_123
Muhaha... You have been assimilated... Welcome to the dark side, our cookies are better.
Happened to me once. Agency rep called my cell on a sat. Am. Could have been a disaster but I was alone.
Muhaha... You have been assimilated... Welcome to the dark side, our cookies are better. Originally Posted by theCFE

What kind of benefits do you guys offer?
If you're too lazy to take preventative measures on your part you deserve to get caught. IJS

Also on a side note, my phone has learned the word "hobbyist". Damn you AutoCorrect! Originally Posted by jbravo_123
Welcome to the club babe....mine has learned MSOG...ha ...tells you what a naughty minx I am...
Mine stil corrects it as SMOG, wtf lol
One of my guys learned his lesson when the wifey audited his cell phone bill. He keeps separate bills from her but she got curious one day.

He now has a dedicated hobby phone which is fondly referred to as his YummyPhone :-)
Mine stil corrects it as SMOG, wtf lol Originally Posted by Eccie Addict
Thats cuz you have an iphone.
Which would be best since ill never have anyone wonder what "smog" means but "msog" would take explaining.