Are these people your heros?

• WTF
  • 07-23-2012, 08:15 AM

but you liberals are full of shit hiding behind the word "allegedly' Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
allegedly...

This is kind of like WTF (my favorite whipping boy) being a committed monogamous relationship and he alledgedly gives his partner crabs. No one else was there to do the deed but I guess using the word alledgely gives you legal cover.
New media always refers to perpetrators as "suspects" and what they do as "alleged." This is because lawyers years ago won lawsuits when they referred to them as "criminals" and "crimes". It doesn't mean it did not happen, it simply means the media outlet doesn't want to get sued.

If just one union member did not participate in what everyone with a brain knows that they did, that one who didn't could sue the media company. That is why they use the word "alleged". They use it all the time. Read about the "suspect" in the Colorado shooting. His name in James Holmes.

I guess we can't say anything about him, because he is just a "suspect" according to the media.
  • CJ7
  • 07-23-2012, 10:12 AM
New media always refers to perpetrators as "suspects" and what they do as "alleged." This is because lawyers years ago won lawsuits when they referred to them as "criminals" and "crimes". It doesn't mean it did not happen, it simply means the media outlet doesn't want to get sued.

If just one union member did not participate in what everyone with a brain knows that they did, that one who didn't could sue the media company. That is why they use the word "alleged". They use it all the time. Read about the "suspect" in the Colorado shooting. His name in James Holmes.

I guess we can't say anything about him, because he is just a "suspect" according to the media. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

no according to the law, which you should know all about (no?) ... due process, judged by your peers and all that ring a bell?

I suppose as a lawyer all suspects are guilty untol proven innocent huh COF?

wouldnt that make them criminals from the getgo, not suspects? everyone is a criminal arrest them all ...

I'm tired of explaining this, CBJ7. The "innocent until proven guilty" standard is a legal fiction. It's applies in court. The rest of us are able to view the facts and make up our own mind. Which, in your case, to quote another legal fiction, is a "rebuttable presumption."
  • CJ7
  • 07-23-2012, 10:51 AM
I'm tired of explaining this, CBJ7. The "innocent until proven guilty" standard is a legal fiction. It's applies in court. The rest of us are able to view the facts and make up our own mind. Which, in your case, to quote another legal fiction, is a "rebuttable presumption." Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

well hell, if it only applies in a fucking court then shit on it ...

how can you view the facts when youre so deeply jaded about everything under the sun and make any type of honest decision ... 99% of the time your mind is already made up long before the facts come out.

FACTS?

I'm tired of explaining this, CBJ7. The "innocent until proven guilty" standard is a legal fiction. It's applies in court. The rest of us are able to view the facts and make up our own mind. Which, in your case, to quote another legal fiction, is a "rebuttable presumption." Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

The main thing is getting the facts and being sure they are the facts.
  • WTF
  • 07-23-2012, 01:30 PM
This is kind of like WTF (my favorite whipping boy) being a committed monogamous relationship and he alledgedly gives his partner crabs. No one else was there to do the deed but I guess using the word alledgely gives you legal cover. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
If I say you are gay, does that make it true? Alledgely you post like a closet homo. Reminds me of the ex military Dad in ''Amercian Beauty''. Now is that a fact? Or should we say alledgely?

Mark Twain said, "A lie can make it half way around the world before the truth can get its pants on!"

Liars have a huge advantage in the world that you and COG live in. Plus you are not honest enough to admit your own bias. You/He discount any news that does not fit into your narrow world view. You will discount the truth if it upsets your applecart and run with a lie if it fits you two's narrative. Two pea's in a pod, U2.

Also JD, you are not supposed to speculate about STD's about another member. COG hit the RTM button on me for that there offense! I hear tell you can get points for doing dat. I'd hate to see you get you some points and make an ass outcha yourself!

#16 - Posting about/Speculating about another person's medical condition is strictly forbidden. If a member encounters a medical issue and would like to get feedback from others or share it with the community, this would be allowed, but under no circumstances is a member to discuss or state anything about another member in this regard, unless it is in response to a question posed by that member.
I don't think there is any reasonable doubt that the incident occurred as described, and that the union members did it. Regardless of what weasel terms the media wants to use to describe it.
If I say you are gay, does that make it true? Alledgely you post like a closet homo. Reminds me of the ex military Dad in ''Amercian Beauty''. Now is that a fact? Or should we say alledgely?

Mark Twain said, "A lie can make it half way around the world before the truth can get its pants on!"

Liars have a huge advantage in the world that you and COG live in. Plus you are not honest enough to admit your own bias. You/He discount any news that does not fit into your narrow world view. You will discount the truth if it upsets your applecart and run with a lie if it fits you two's narrative. Two pea's in a pod, U2. Originally Posted by WTF
You've already proven yourself to be a liar, living in a fantasy world where only you reign.

I don't really care what you think.
  • WTF
  • 07-23-2012, 01:39 PM
I don't think there is any reasonable doubt that the incident occurred as described, and that the union members did it. Regardless of what weasel terms the media wants to use to describe it. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

You've already proven yourself to be a liar, living in a fantasy world where only you reign.

I don't really care what you think. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
COG, just argue with yourself back and forth...let us pick which personality of yours we like better!

• CJ7
  • 07-23-2012, 01:47 PM
COG, just argue with yourself back and forth...let us pick which personality of yours we like better!

Originally Posted by WTF

Im kinda liking Cog's JD's jeweler personality
  • WTF
  • 07-23-2012, 02:01 PM
Im kinda liking Cog's JD's jeweler personality Originally Posted by CJ7
I wonder if JD puts a lil sand in COG's butt so cutiepie can wack out dem pearls for JD?

You know, it's a well known fact that adults who engage in juvenile homophobic humor have latent self doubts about their own sexuality. I suggest you try to resolve those issues, WTF, and maybe you will look slightly less foolish on here.
  • WTF
  • 07-23-2012, 02:23 PM
You know, it's a well known fact that adults who engage in juvenile homophobic humor have latent self doubts about their own sexuality. I. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Well known fact among swine and their Pearly depositers...