The beautiful game: World Cup 2014

Key word, "When ENGLAND plays!"
Exactly....

The Londoner is always a great place to watch soccer games. Especially when England plays but I imagine that there will be a lot of support for the USA there. Originally Posted by harry
The US was nightly lucky in their game against Ghana. Horrible midfield play. Once they gave up the equalizer, I wouldn't have given a plug nickle for their chances to get even one point. For them to have actually pulled a win out, even on a set piece, was nothing short of miraculous. Portugal will be out for blood given what happened in the last game. We really need to at least try to salvage a tie out of that game. But I fear we will not unless we play a whole not better.
Spain!! Out after the first round. Oh how the mighty have fallen.
  • MojoR
  • 06-19-2014, 06:12 AM
Someone on this thread had the absolute nerve and gall to think that Spain was going to kill my Orangemen!!! LMAO PSYCHE!!!!

Originally Posted by MrMonger
Hup Holland!!!!
  • MojoR
  • 06-19-2014, 06:13 AM
This is the HOT seller in Brazilian shops!!! Luckily I managed to get one !!!

Originally Posted by MrDark

Damn - I was in Amsterdam for this one. Wish I'd had one of these t-shirts.
Can't wait till this afternoon...COME ON ENGLAND!!!

[IMG]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Cs_Cr6e5vWw/St3IDCTnUdI/AAAAAAAASYY/gG-
uGJpl6KY/s400/Rule+Brittania8.jpg[/IMG]

Cheers lads,
DBD
England:
Christ!! France 5 - 2 Switzerland. (5-0 at one point). Les Blues are loaded for bear.

Costa Rica also beat Italy 1-0.
Allez les bleus!
I know, Italy didn't play bad ... Just didn't play ...

Costa Rica also beat Italy 1-0. Originally Posted by TexTushHog
What almost every commentator is failing to recognize is that fields in Brazil are larger than the postage stamps they play in europe. Add that to the long trips and excessive humidity, climate changes between south and north.... The most athletic fit teams will tramp the others. Italy was literally walking on the 2nd half.

Same thing in a lot of matches. This is the cup of the young and fit and that can maintain ball possession, the other team has to run more.
Argentina plays all of its matches in cool weather. Non-football issues will come into play in a country where the northern most venues are played in massive heat vs. the southern most in 10 c. temps.
Argentina sucks, they did NOT deserve to win today, Iran out played them and the savior for Argentina was their goal keeper. Aside from that Argentina looked very bad against a good iran squad.
Boring match Germany and ghana

Edit Ghana 2 x 1! Now will get bettetr
USA v Portugal predictions...?

Can the luck really last Yanks? I got 20 quid on you lot. Don't fuck it up!