Tucker Carlson or the CDC: Who Do You Trust More for Advice About Masks?

I hate wearing masks. They give me rashes around my nose, and I often end up sneezing all over them.
  • Tiny
  • 05-01-2021, 06:49 PM
in your home office or actual office?

i haven't been to an actual office in over a year and won't be till at least October. Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
I've been going to my real office through the entirety of this, although there might have been a 2 week period when I'd just go in for a few hours every other day. I work in a business that Abbott incorrectly classed as essential, so I wasn't going to get fined. And felt comfortable being around other people with my N95 mask and using common-sense social distancing. I started going to restaurants again with friends soon after they opened back up again, at 25% capacity.

it does address it. the left started the mask hypocrisy by "demanding" everyone conform to their view and if not they should be ostracized all the while many of them not wearing masks themselves.

remember Newson getting busted for that private dinner at some swanky $200 a plate restaurant? NancyPants getting her stringy hair done without a mask AND while all salons were closed?

classic example of hypocrisy by the left. Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
Fair enough. Many in the political class do indeed think they don't have to play by the rules. They're the masters and we're the slaves, and the masters can do as they please.
I've been going to my real office through the entirety of this, although there might have been a 2 week period when I'd just go in for a few hours every other day. I work in a business that Abbott incorrectly classed as essential, so I wasn't going to get fined. And felt comfortable being around other people with my N95 mask and using common-sense social distancing. I started going to restaurants again with friends soon after they opened back up again, at 25% capacity.

so did i. i won a bet for dinner with a co-worker at Saltgrass steakhouse right after Abbott allowed reopening. you had to wear a mask till you got to your table, then not

Fair enough. Many in the political class do indeed think they don't have to play by the rules. They're the masters and we're the slaves, and the masters can do as they please. Originally Posted by Tiny

all masters are eventually overthrown
  • Tiny
  • 05-01-2021, 07:05 PM
I hate wearing masks. They give me rashes around my nose, and I often end up sneezing all over them. Originally Posted by Strokey_McDingDong
I guess we're getting toward the end of this, so it doesn't really matter. I think the secret is finding a mask that's comfortable yet effective, and changing out before it's dirty. If I remember correctly, you were in a difficult situation for a while, because you had to wear one 12 hours a day. Yeah, if that happened to me I might hate them too, especially if the masks were uncomfortable. I remember making a couple of trips early on in the epidemic and I wore goggles and tight fitting, old medical grade N95 masks, for about 9 hours a day. They left an imprint on my face for hours afterward. It sucked.
More like scary as hell. I wouldn't trust Tucker Carlson to say anything that's not good for Tucker Carlson. Not only is he a known liar, the US government and Fox's own lawyers actually say so.

Just read U.S. District Judge Mary Kay Vyskocil's opinion, leaning heavily on the arguments of Fox's lawyers: The "'general tenor' of the show should then inform a viewer that [Carlson] is not 'stating actual facts' about the topics he discusses and is instead engaging in 'exaggeration' and 'non-literal commentary.' "

She wrote: "Fox persuasively argues, that given Mr. Carlson's reputation, any reasonable viewer 'arrive[s] with an appropriate amount of skepticism' about the statement he makes." Originally Posted by txdot-guy

Tucker works for the bullshit factory aka Fox "News"
Maddow works for the bullshit factory aka MSDNC .. er MSNBC Originally Posted by matchingmole

FTFY
Tucker sucks ass Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
Tucker works for the bullshit factory aka Fox "News"
Tucker works for the bullshit factory aka Fox "News" Originally Posted by matchingmole

you need to learn how to properly quote. don't leave the button to the original link! it give you away!

do it like this

Rachel Madcow is a skanky slut Originally Posted by matchingmole

that's how it's done, son

BAHHAAAAAAA
This is how he's done... BAHHAAAAAAA
"Did I make your vagina bleed? Lets talk about the propriety of making someone WEAR a mask though the science or circumstances do not support it."

Gee, I thought we were discussing Tucker's advice to bully people who legally wear masks because it makes you "uncomfortable". I know think that you and others here are dodging the point I am making in terms of individual freedoms. Please take off your MAGA cap, you're making me uncomfortable.
I hate wearing masks. They give me rashes around my nose, and I often end up sneezing all over them. Originally Posted by Strokey_McDingDong
I hate them too. Try doing a cycling spin class with one on. But in my opinion they do help to prevent the spread of the virus.

A solution I found which greatly reduces the unpleasantness of wearing a mask is a very inexpensive insert:

https://www.amazon.com/Silicone-Home.../dp/B08931ZQZC

Hopefully in a few short months this will all be behind us.
Simple solution I stated months ago:

1.) Ignore mask rules set by municipalities, cities, counties, states, or federal governments that try to enforce mask wearing on property they don't own.

2.) Mask rules set by property owners/tenants should be obeyed. If you don't like it, don't enter.

3.) If someone enters without a mask, and refuses to wear one, ask them to leave. If you ask twice and they refuse, call the cops to have them removed for trespassing.

Easy peasy.
Depends on where I am. I live in Pa. strict laws. I’ll wear a mask. But lately I’ve been entering places without one and nobody seems to care. You take them off when dining in restaurants. I take mine off as soon asI sit down and never put it back on. When I travel to Ohio and WVa, more people go maskless than wearing them. They still have mask mandates too. I think the mask thing is petering out. We should be at herd immunity by now. I still seeing people driving alone in their cars wearing them. Unbelievable
Depends on where I am. I live in Pa. strict laws. I’ll wear a mask. But lately I’ve been entering places without one and nobody seems to care. You take them off when dining in restaurants. I take mine off as soon asI sit down and never put it back on. When I travel to Ohio and WVa, more people go maskless than wearing them. They still have mask mandates too. I think the mask thing is petering out. We should be at herd immunity by now. I still seeing people driving alone in their cars wearing them. Unbelievable Originally Posted by bambino
In my part of Texas most establishments still require masks on their property. Gold's Gym no longer requires non-workers to wear them although about 30% or so still do, with that number dropping week by week. In those establishments that require masks, I see no one not wearing a mask.
"Did I make your vagina bleed? Lets talk about the propriety of making someone WEAR a mask though the science or circumstances do not support it."

Gee, I thought we were discussing Tucker's advice to bully people who legally wear masks because it makes you "uncomfortable". I know think that you and others here are dodging the point I am making in terms of individual freedoms. Please take off your MAGA cap, you're making me uncomfortable. Originally Posted by reddog1951
What? Oh, wait, it's the 2nd of May or as known in political circles opposite day. That's the day after International Communist Day. So you're fighting for personal freedom......LMAO.
Oh, I don't own a MAGA hat. I don't wear hats. You believe in all the stereotypes?