‘Cancel Order!’ Donald Trump Attacks Plans for Upgraded Air Force One

A basic plane would of course not cost anywhere near what Air Force does. Of course a basic plane does not have all the specialized electronics that a plane carrying the POTUS does. For example the electronics on the plane have special insulation that protects it from electronic magnetic pulses. That shit ain't cheap. A lot of what is being put into the plane is at the request of the Air Force and the Secret Service. Trump needs to shut up on stuff like this, he has no understanding of what goes into building Air Force One and it appears he does not care to leanr. Originally Posted by BigLouie
You were doing fine until the last sentence. Trump is a businessman, which (if it means anything) means he knows how to analyze costs and judge when something is overpriced. What makes you an expert qualified to say he is wrong? And what harm is done in bashing Boeing? At worst, it means they will wake up and think twice about all those cost overruns they assume they can routinely pass on to taxpayers like you and me.
I was shocked! A politician cancelling a project because it cost too much? This is a dream come true! I hope it sends a message to all these contractors who have been lining their pockets with cost overruns specialized tools, and a ridiculous procurement process. Imagine the Defense Department and the rest of government being expected to complete projects on time and on budget. Trump isn't even in office, and he's becoming my favorite President of all time.
Some of you idjiots always take the first offer.

8-9 years ago all of these so called journalists gushed over "Dream s Of My Father" even though so much of it was fantasy bullshit. I wonder how many are reading "The Art Of The Deal?"
BTW, Obama cancelled a contract with Sikorsky for new POTUS helicopters on the advice of John McCain. The contract was renegotiated and Sikorsky still built them.

https://www.google.com/amp/political...s-on-hold/amp/ Originally Posted by bambino
I never understood why 28, yes, 28 Presidential Helicopters were needed.
I never understood why 28, yes, 28 Presidential Helicopters were needed. Originally Posted by gnadfly
Here's my take.
Sometimes several are used to ferry staff and also as decoys.
As they go into maintenance the others are pulled into service.
Trump will not be able to override everything that is designed for the safety of him and his staff or family.
As for the Boeing contract. It's also likely that in the past, some pork may have been added to the cost that has nothing to do with building the aircraft.
I'm expecting 'lean times' in the sense that a lot of wasteful expenses will vanish.
Do we really need studies of how long it takes to cook breakfast?

You have to admit, Trump is fucking with a whole lot of uptight assholes. He will totally change the way we look at elected people and the media. It's about time. Originally Posted by bambino
Nailed it.
It's up to us sheep to vote the wolves out once they are exposed.

Change orders? Why would there be change orders?

Originally Posted by Old-T
You are inadvertently revealing your ignorance in your effort to appear "all-knowing"!

How many government "construction" contracts have you seen without a "change order" provision/clause in them?

You can always LIE on here if you wish to maintain your "story line"!

Did Obaminable actually approve the construction of our war planes in India?

What role did the Clintons play in that one?
Here's my take.
Sometimes several are used to ferry staff and also as decoys.
As they go into maintenance the others are pulled into service.
.... Originally Posted by ugotme10
Granted. And a few are probably stationed at other highly used sites. Now explain the the need for the other 20.

I'm sure Trump has been advised about the need for security, redundancy, etc around the office of the Presidency. I'm also sure he knows how many problems the Secret Service has had over the course of the Obama administration.

He was hired to shake up the system.
You are inadvertently revealing your ignorance in your effort to appear "all-knowing"!

How many government "construction" contracts have you seen without a "change order" provision/clause in them?

You can always LIE on here if you wish to maintain your "story line"!

Did Obaminable actually approve the construction of our war planes in India?

What role did the Clintons play in that one? Originally Posted by LexusLover
LL, How dare you lecture the all knowing Low-T!

Low-T believes the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter is "on schedule, on budget." the dumbass....
LL, How dare you lecture the all knowing Low-T!

Low-T believes the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter is "on schedule, on budget." the dumbass.... Originally Posted by gnadfly
Lecturing rocks is good practice, sometimes.

How does one piss off $10 trillion in 8 years without ....

.. "cost overruns"?????

See the guy in the back with the mask on? He doesn't want to be IDed!

Every day on here ... Gruber gets vindicated and affirmed.
Lecturing rocks is good practice, sometimes.

How does one piss off $10 trillion in 8 years without ....

.. "cost overruns"?????

See the guy in the back with the mask on? He doesn't want to be IDed!

Every day on here ... Gruber gets vindicated and affirmed. Originally Posted by LexusLover
One trillion dollars to Solyndra. Goes bankrupt, no jobs? How the hell does that happen?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solyndra
[B][I][COLOR="Red"]One trillion dollars to Solyndra. Goes bankrupt, no jobs? How the hell does that happen? Originally Posted by ugotme10
It's Bush's fault.
Air Force 1 is basically a flying fortress able to withstand all types of attacks. That is not cheap. Look at how much the latest fighters cost each. And it's Boeing or nobody. Trump way over stated the cost and Boeing will play along because the plane will be delivered way after Trump leaves and Boeing will get their money.
Look at how much the latest fighters cost each. Originally Posted by BigLouie
Which ones? The F-22? The F-35? You sound like the guy who defends a rapist by pointing out how common rape is. If you want to defend the rapists, you should at least do it right - say it's the DOD's fault because they're stupid enough to keep allowing it to happen.
One trillion dollars to Solyndra. Goes bankrupt, no jobs? How the hell does that happen?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solyndra
Originally Posted by ugotme10
Er, no. Taxpayers lost $535 million on Solyndra, not a trillion. It's in your link.
I see this as a typical Trump ploy. He throws out an incorrect figure that he knows is way more than actual cost. Says he will personally negotiate with Boeing. When plane comes in at original cost which is way lower than the cost Trump threw out there he will claim it was all because of him which will be a lie