Please read as it is important... devastation and loss can come so suddenly

Meaning, as delicately as possible, that perhaps a separate event outside of this "meet and greet" would be more suitable for this noble and charitable cause? I feel like this violates a lot of the "anonymity rules."

For those new to the site and boards, it may make the M&G a bit to personal....will donations be able to be made outside of the meeting area, privately?
Well maybe you shouldn't attend if it's too personal for you?
Thanks for showing your personality, or lack of I should say!
M&G's are for the community, of which it seems you don't belong.
SMDH some people!
Electric you have got to be kidding me!!

It is very appropriate if I want to give to her. Since I am from out of town I will make a donation.
Meaning, as delicately as possible, that perhaps a separate event outside of this "meet and greet" would be more suitable for this noble and charitable cause? I feel like this violates a lot of the "anonymity rules."

For those new to the site and boards, it may make the M&G a bit to personal....will donations be able to be made outside of the meeting area, privately? Originally Posted by Electricfeelnow
I'm not sure I see the problem. If you don't want your name mentioned, ask CK to be anonymous. I doubt he'd be publishing a list of who donates without asking for permission first, anyway.

If anything about it makes you uncomfortable, don't donate or don't attend. I doubt CK would be indiscreet about it anyway.

The social event is not a fund raiser anyway. After Vikki asked for help, some people asked if they could donate there. I doubt anyone will be browbeaten for a donation while there.
It's a shame you choose to read my message in such an incorrect way.

I never said it was inappropriate to give to her, I even called it a noble and charitable cause...

What I'm saying is, taking donations at a social Meet and Greet Luncheon does not at all seem like a suitable place for this very personal cause to go down.

We're expected to keep board chat and business out of the M&Gs, we don't even use our real names at these events. Plus, as someone who would want to donate, I'm not comfy doing that so publicly.

Once again, this seems to violate a least a couple of rules CK normally works very hard to enforce...I'm not going to apologize for being concerned that this fundraiser may take away from a "Meet and Greet" event.

It's a shame you choose to read my message in such an incorrect way.

I never said it was inappropriate to give to her, I even called it a noble and charitable cause...

What I'm saying is, taking donations at a social Meet and Greet Luncheon does not at all seem like a suitable place for this very personal cause to go down.

We're expected to keep board chat and business out of the M&Gs, we don't even use our real names at these events. Plus, as someone who would want to donate, I'm not comfy doing that so publicly.

Once again, this seems to violate a least a couple of rules CK normally works very hard to enforce...I'm not going to apologize for being concerned that this fundraiser may take away from a "Meet and Greet" event. Originally Posted by Electricfeelnow
Sometimes being a normal compassionate human being trumps the worries of hooker and monger anonymity.
Sometimes being a normal compassionate human being trumps the worries of hooker and monger anonymity. Originally Posted by NikkiWhite
So someone who has no issues outing themselves about their profession to the public now has an issue with donating publicly?
Sometimes being a normal compassionate human being trumps the worries of hooker and monger anonymity. Originally Posted by NikkiWhite
Let's not turn this thread into a hateful place. Let's stay on task and provide Victoria with support.

VL - I sent you a PM.
Please stay strong. I'm sending you lots of positive and healing vibes.
Let's not turn this thread into a hateful place. Let's stay on task and provide Victoria with support.

VL - I sent you a PM.
Please stay strong. I'm sending you lots of positive and healing vibes. Originally Posted by JapaneseShae
Shae has an excellent point... let's get back on subject, everyone. She did have a concern (which I actually thought about since M&Gs in my area carries the rule that we do not talk ECCIE or "business" at a function.

It is CK deal so he should handle it as he sees fit. Her main question now is "can someone donate away from the meeting itself... even if it is outside the actual meeting?

What say you CK (someone needs to share this with him)?

Now. let's get back to offering our condolences, prayers and help!!

Smooch!

Lea
Victoria lyn for whats left of my heart goes out too you.
I too have lost someone very close too my heart too sux it wasnt a child but my SO.
Now there's like so many broken pieces that i cant back together. Hopefully one day we will understand life is not fair. Hope you can pick up the pieces alot better that i have sweetheart.
Just wishing you the best for what it worth . So sorry for your lost sweetheart
Sorry Vicky
I just don't know what to say.
So sorry, VictoriaLyn. xoxo