What state will be LAST to legalize gay marriage?

• Doove
  • 06-29-2013, 04:36 PM
iam not for it, and I stated my reasons why. Originally Posted by acp5762
And it sounds an awful lot like your reasons why are because you think it's a mockery of God's law.

What makes you think you can make that argument, while ignoring the same argument in regards to sex with a prostitute? Or sex outside of marriage, for that matter?

Apparently you're in favor of God's laws, so long as they don't prevent you from doing what you want to do. But the hell with what everyone else wants.

Hypocrite much?
  • Doove
  • 06-29-2013, 04:43 PM
Why does the left keep bringing up religion? Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Oh i don't know. Maybe because the right keeps justifying everything with religion?

So prosititutes seem to be in pretty good company in the Bible.
Good for them. Too bad my point wasn't about prostitutes. It was about sex. Outside of marriage. Using birth control. And paying for it.
And it sounds an awful lot like your reasons why are because you think it's a mockery of God's law.

What makes you think you can make that argument, while ignoring the same argument in regards to sex with a prostitute? Or sex outside of marriage, for that matter?

Apparently you're in favor of God's laws, so long as they don't prevent you from doing what you want to do. But the hell with what everyone else wants.

Hypocrite much? Originally Posted by Doove
Well we all sin. But remember now, just because you're an atheist doesn't exempt you.
  • Doove
  • 06-29-2013, 05:04 PM
just because you're an atheist doesn't exempt you. Originally Posted by acp5762
Actually, according to my belief system, it pretty much does.

Nevertheless, i base my actions on my own morality - which is based on one part current societal trends, one part my own logic, and one part what i can manage to justify in my own mind for what i want to do.

What it's not based on, it's not based on some ancient hand-written text which is filled with stories that are so ridiculous that they belong in some children's book somewhere.

I'll take my chances.
  • Blaze
  • 06-29-2013, 05:05 PM
Oh brother. Ok, let me spell it out for you.

And prostitution is a mockery of what God intended for sex to be.

The only thing worse than you telling us we should live under the laws of your God, is you telling us that you get to decide which of God's laws we're obligated to live under.

Get it now? Originally Posted by Doove
Thank you from the bottom of my heart! Brilliant. I think Utah will be the last state.
Actually, according to my belief system, it pretty much does.

Nevertheless, i base my actions on my own morality - which is based on one part current societal trends, one part my own logic, and one part what i can manage to justify in my own mind for what i want to do.

What it's not based on, it's not based on some ancient hand-written text which is filled with stories that are so ridiculous that they belong in some children's book somewhere.

I'll take my chances. Originally Posted by Doove
Which in more simpler terms is commonly known as" throwing caution to the wind" and hope you get it right. You certainly are taking a chance. It's like crossing a busy street blind folded, would you do that too?
Which in more simpler terms is commonly known as" throwing caution to the wind" and hope you get it right. You certainly are taking a chance. It's like crossing a busy street blind folded, would you do that too? Originally Posted by acp5762

ACP, that's the problem with spewing party line bullshit without thinking about what you are actually saying. It is easy to get your facts all tangled and finally you lose the argument, miserably!

Accept the fact that you swallowed the bait, hook, line and sinker. Why don't you cut your losses and move on before you dig your hole any deeper?
6:00 PM CST, opponents of gay marriage file an injunction with the Supreme Court to stop any futher gay marriages in California.

Told ya.
6:00 PM CST, opponents of gay marriage file an injunction with the Supreme Court to stop any futher gay marriages in California.

Told ya. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
That's exactly the way a Republic should work. The feds say something is illegal, the states legalize it if they want. The feds say something is legal, the states prohibit it if they want.
ACP, that's the problem with spewing party line bullshit without thinking about what you are actually saying. It is easy to get your facts all tangled and finally you lose the argument, miserably!

Accept the fact that you swallowed the bait, hook, line and sinker. Why don't you cut your losses and move on before you dig your hole any deeper? Originally Posted by bigtex
What bait ? He's an Atheist. It's easy to live as an Atheist. Just go with the trends. That's pretty much all you do. It doesn't have to be right or wrong good or bad, ya don't know the difference anyway.
What bait ? He's an Atheist. It's easy to live as an Atheist. Just go with the trends. That's pretty much all you do. It doesn't have to be right or wrong good or bad, ya don't know the difference anyway. Originally Posted by acp5762
I understand the difference! The difference being that you were afraid that someone would criticize you for not toeing the party line. In doing so you got out maneuvered.

Accept your defeat like a man and move on!
I understand the difference! The difference being that you were afraid that someone would criticize you for not toeing the party line. In doing so you got out maneuvered.

Accept your defeat like a man and move on! Originally Posted by bigtex
I think you're trending moronic as usual.
  • Doove
  • 06-29-2013, 06:09 PM
It's easy to live as an Atheist. Just go with the trends. That's pretty much all you do. It doesn't have to be right or wrong good or bad, ya don't know the difference anyway. Originally Posted by acp5762
It's also pretty easy to live as a Christian - when you're able to convince yourself that the only rules to be followed are the ones that don't affect you.

My atheism notwithstanding, i'll still put my morality up against yours if there ultimately is a higher power judging us. I imagine hypocrisy doesn't sit too well up there.
I think you're trending moronic as usual. Originally Posted by acp5762
You seem to be having great difficulty dealing with the basic concept of religious freedom. It is my belief that he has just as much right to be an "Atheist" as I have to be a Roman Catholic. As long as he does not try to tell me when and how to express my religious beliefs, I am not going to try to tell him that he should or should not be a believer. That is entirely his choice, not mine! Just as my personal choice of religious belief is mine, not his! Do you get my drift?

Did I remember to tell you to accept your defeat like the spineless weasel that you have repeatedly shown yourself to be and move on?

If not, I just did!
  • WTF
  • 06-29-2013, 09:19 PM
What bait ? He's an Atheist. It's easy to live as an Atheist. Just go with the trends. That's pretty much all you do. It doesn't have to be right or wrong good or bad, ya don't know the difference anyway. Originally Posted by acp5762
I know the difference between right and wrong and I do not have to consult the Bible to see if I am correct.