For Those Who Think Trump Didn't Act Quickly Enough During The COVID-19 Pandemic...

• Tiny
  • 04-18-2020, 09:25 AM
Poor Trump. Everybody’s is outs to get him. The world is shit down and he spends two hours trading barbs with reporters on live TV every day.

I don’t blame anybody for the virus. But I do think Trump’s government fucked it up for yous seven ways to Sunday because he is more concerned with his numbers than his responsibility to the people. I don’t think he could tell yous the name of the ministries responsible for public health in his own country, or who runs them. So he honestly had no clue. If he was warned, it went in one ear and out the other because he is incapable of focusing on anything that isn’t him.

I agreed with yous. Trump has done everything he is capable of doing. Not because he’s up against long odds, but because he’s a fucking moron. Originally Posted by HoeHummer
Pretty good synopsis, although he's not a moron, and the CDC and John Bolton (who closed the NSC pandemic office) are as much to blame for the poor response.

Speaking of which, if there's anything good that's going to come out of this, it's that no one's going to give a shit about Bolton's book when it comes out this fall because everyone will still be talking about Covid 19.
Now you sound like Rex Tillerson. Originally Posted by Napoleoninrags
Are yous trying to out another member?

I call bullshit. You're saying trumpy called a monger like you to drive all the way down from the Nebraska cornfields and install a lousy $18k worth of windows at his Florida mansion? Yeah.... THAT'S believable!

Don't they have window contractors in Florida?

Anything else you want to make up? Originally Posted by lustylad
$18 k of windows at mar-a-lago, in keeping with the historical and required master craftsmanship needed would be about four window frames
I call bullshit. You're saying trumpy called a monger like you to drive all the way down from the Nebraska cornfields and install a lousy $18k worth of windows at his Florida mansion? Yeah.... THAT'S believable!

$18 k of windows at mar-a-largo, in keeping with the historical and required master craftsmanship needed would be about four window frames

The truths police has spoken.

Unnecessarily accusatory there, LL. Yous obviously havent heard of the iron horse. I hear its goes across the whole of North America now. Why would he makes up a story about 18 dimes? If he was making it up, why wouldn’t he claim it was 100 or million.

I think you owes him an apology, buddy.
The fact that states are having to bid against each other for items is asinine. When you declare a federal emergency that means you are in charge of certain aspects of a disaster. This is what GW2 did not understand until he finally put a general in charge to handle Katrina. This administration had plenty of warning they chose to ignore, make fun of it ( its a hoax by the dems, we only have 1 case) and listen to the fox idiots. Now it is try and push the blame game and pander to certain states to reopen there economies when we do not have enough tests to tell. Well unfortunately no one really cares about lives lost. I have lost my mother and 2 friends to this. 1 in upstate NY they did not have enough venotlators but not sure if that would help.
And Trump still owes me 12K which I will never see for my work on the windows at Mar-E-Largo. He fucked the architect with constant change orders, then refused to pay, tried to put lien on it, and just to many lawyers so we settled for $0.35 on the dollar. Asshole as far as I am concerned. Originally Posted by 12blue4u

This will go down as the biggest falsehood of this whole crisis. As I have posted on a couple of threads now, the leading expert on pandemic's, Dr. Fauci was telling us on Feb. 29 that there was no need to change our behavior at this time. If you are a healthy person, sure go on that cruise. Pelosi on that same day was telling her constituents to come to Chinatown and help celebrate the Chinese New Year. The head of the New York Health Department was saying that there was no problem, no need to panic and even if coronavirus turned out to be worst than expected, New York is absolutely prepared for the worst. Anderson Cooper interviewing a doctor says "tell us doctor why coronavirus will not be as bad as the yearly flu".

Anybody paying attention and many millions refuse to accept what was being said, what the headlines in the NYT and WaPo and others were saying. Here is ANOTHER reminder.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...ia_142791.html

First, a quick refresher on how the media botched the initial coverage: On Jan. 23, authorities in Beijing sealed off Wuhan, a city of 11 million in China’s interior, to contain the virus. Much of the media response was to downplay this harbinger of the deadly global threat to come. “Don’t worry about the coronavirus,” BuzzFeed wrote on Jan. 29. Worry about the flu.” On Jan. 31 – the same day the Trump administration imposed a ban incoming visitors from China – the “explainer” news site Vox was telling readers, “Is this going to be a deadly pandemic? No.” On Feb. 1, the Washington Post ran an article headlined, “Get a grippe, America. The flu is a much bigger threat than coronavirus, for now.” On Groundhog Day, the Post was saying, “Past epidemics prove fighting coronavirus with travel bans is a mistake.”
By Feb. 3, China had extended the quarantine to 50 million people and imposed a travel ban on 16 cities. Now the Washington Post was worried, but about government’s response, not the virus, writing a critical story with the headline “Why we should be wary of an aggressive government response to coronavirus.” The complaint was that harsh measures “scapegoat already marginalized populations” and that the Trump administration’s travel ban on noncitizens coming from China “marks a significant, and potentially counterproductive, escalation in the U.S. response to the coronavirus crisis.”
On Feb. 7, The Daily Beast was saying, “Coronavirus, with zero American fatalities, is dominating headlines, while the flu is the real threat.” As late as March 4, CNN’s Anderson Cooper was telling viewers, “So if you’re freaked out at all about the coronavirus, you should be more concerned about the flu.” (The media has come full circle on the comparisons to the seasonal flu – on Tuesday the Washington Post was fretting, “Trump again downplays coronavirus by comparing it to the seasonal flu.” Media, heal thyself!)
In retrospect, it’s hard to deny the mainstream media’s initial downplaying of the threat was very wrong, or that it was partly a result of kneejerk antipathy to the Trump administration’s travel ban – which in retrospect looks like a prescient move.

A few weeks ago, Zeynep Tufekci was relatively obscure Turkish academic – but the professor of information science at the University of North Carolina has emerged as one of the most insightful analysts of the failures that led us to sleepwalk into the current crisis. Her Atlantic essay, “It Wasn’t Just Trump Who Got It Wrong,” looks at how a broad spectrum of American institutions failed, and how our shallow ideas about “scientism” make it hard for society to understand risk.
“We had time to prepare for this pandemic at the state, local, and household level, even if the government was terribly lagging, but we squandered it because of widespread asystemic thinking: the inability to think about complex systems and their dynamics,” Tufekci writes. “We faltered because of our failure to consider risk in its full context, especially when dealing with coupled risk — when multiple things can go wrong together.” In addition to The Atlantic essay, Tufekci has also written an essential New York Times op-ed on how American authorities downplayed the value of citizens wearing masks to contain outbreaks, even though it appears to help and is de rigueur in densely populated Asian countries.

So this idea that we were warned and had plenty of notice, is fantasy, it is mis-information, it is playing the blame game.

I recently posted a New York Times article that said if New York had acted faster they could have saved 50 to 80% of the cases they had. Think Cuomo is going to see a headline "Cuomo is responsible for thousands of deaths and has the blood of these Americans on his hands"? Don't hold your breath, that isn't how the blame game is played by the MSM in the era of Trump.

Yeah, we could have done better but we could say that about every crisis. I see nothing to suggest that a Democrat President could have, would have handled this any better.
The fact that states are having to bid against each other for items is asinine. When you declare a federal emergency that means you are in charge of certain aspects of a disaster. This is what GW2 did not understand until he finally put a general in charge to handle Katrina. This administration had plenty of warning they chose to ignore, make fun of it ( its a hoax by the dems, we only have 1 case) and listen to the fox idiots. Now it is try and push the blame game and pander to certain states to reopen there economies when we do not have enough tests to tell. Well unfortunately no one really cares about lives lost. I have lost my mother and 2 friends to this. 1 in upstate NY they did not have enough venotlators but not sure if that would help.
And Trump still owes me 12K which I will never see for my work on the windows at Mar-E-Largo. He fucked the architect with constant change orders, then refused to pay, tried to put lien on it, and just to many lawyers so we settled for $0.35 on the dollar. Asshole as far as I am concerned. Originally Posted by 12blue4u

This will go down as the biggest falsehood of this whole crisis. As I have posted on a couple of threads now, the leading expert on pandemic's, Dr. Fauci was telling us on Feb. 29 that there was no need to change our behavior at this time. If you are a healthy person, sure go on that cruise. Pelosi on that same day was telling her constituents to come to Chinatown and help celebrate the Chinese New Year. The head of the New York Health Department was saying that there was no problem, no need to panic and even if coronavirus turned out to be worst than expected, New York is absolutely prepared for the worst. Anderson Cooper interviewing a doctor says "tell us doctor why coronavirus will not be as bad as the yearly flu".

Anybody paying attention and many millions refuse to accept what was being said, what the headlines in the NYT and WaPo and others were saying. Here is ANOTHER reminder.

First, a quick refresher on how the media botched the initial coverage: On Jan. 23, authorities in Beijing sealed off Wuhan, a city of 11 million in China’s interior, to contain the virus. Much of the media response was to downplay this harbinger of the deadly global threat to come. “Don’t worry about the coronavirus,” BuzzFeed wrote on Jan. 29. Worry about the flu.” On Jan. 31 – the same day the Trump administration imposed a ban incoming visitors from China – the “explainer” news site Vox was telling readers, “Is this going to be a deadly pandemic? No.” On Feb. 1, the Washington Post ran an article headlined, “Get a grippe, America. The flu is a much bigger threat than coronavirus, for now.” On Groundhog Day, the Post was saying, “Past epidemics prove fighting coronavirus with travel bans is a mistake.”
By Feb. 3, China had extended the quarantine to 50 million people and imposed a travel ban on 16 cities. Now the Washington Post was worried, but about government’s response, not the virus, writing a critical story with the headline “Why we should be wary of an aggressive government response to coronavirus.” The complaint was that harsh measures “scapegoat already marginalized populations” and that the Trump administration’s travel ban on noncitizens coming from China “marks a significant, and potentially counterproductive, escalation in the U.S. response to the coronavirus crisis.”
On Feb. 7, The Daily Beast was saying, “Coronavirus, with zero American fatalities, is dominating headlines, while the flu is the real threat.” As late as March 4, CNN’s Anderson Cooper was telling viewers, “So if you’re freaked out at all about the coronavirus, you should be more concerned about the flu.” (The media has come full circle on the comparisons to the seasonal flu – on Tuesday the Washington Post was fretting, “Trump again downplays coronavirus by comparing it to the seasonal flu.” Media, heal thyself!)
In retrospect, it’s hard to deny the mainstream media’s initial downplaying of the threat was very wrong, or that it was partly a result of kneejerk antipathy to the Trump administration’s travel ban – which in retrospect looks like a prescient move.

A few weeks ago, Zeynep Tufekci was relatively obscure Turkish academic – but the professor of information science at the University of North Carolina has emerged as one of the most insightful analysts of the failures that led us to sleepwalk into the current crisis. Her Atlantic essay, “It Wasn’t Just Trump Who Got It Wrong,” looks at how a broad spectrum of American institutions failed, and how our shallow ideas about “scientism” make it hard for society to understand risk.
“We had time to prepare for this pandemic at the state, local, and household level, even if the government was terribly lagging, but we squandered it because of widespread asystemic thinking: the inability to think about complex systems and their dynamics,” Tufekci writes. “We faltered because of our failure to consider risk in its full context, especially when dealing with coupled risk — when multiple things can go wrong together.” In addition to The Atlantic essay, Tufekci has also written an essential New York Times op-ed on how American authorities downplayed the value of citizens wearing masks to contain outbreaks, even though it appears to help and is de rigueur in densely populated Asian countries.

So this idea that we were warned and had plenty of notice, is fantasy, it is mis-information, it is playing the blame game.

I recently posted a New York Times article that said if New York had acted faster they could have saved 50 to 80% of the cases they had. Think Cuomo is going to see a headline "Cuomo is responsible for thousands of deaths and has the blood of these Americans on his hands"? Don't hold your breath, that isn't how the blame game is played by the MSM in the era of Trump.

Yeah, we could have done better but we could say that about every crisis. I see nothing to suggest that a Democrat President could have, would have handled this any better.

Dear Lusty Lad ,
Once again someone spits out crap that they have no knowledge about. So you are an expert on the guidelines for making and replacing windows on a national landmark eh. I was employed by an historical architect (frat bro) to measure and detailed photographs of both sides of windows so that Pella could make historically correct energy efficient window for the property. And I flew down and my per diem was probably more that you have ever spent on a hooker.
I guess Lusty Lad is an expert on the replacement of windows on a National Landmark and what it entails.
Getting back on topic, things I have seen so far stated by those who think Trump could have done more, sooner...

- Trump should have shut down international travel sooner.
- There should have been a stronger federal contingency plan in place to deal with a pandemic, including a stockpile of necessary resources, like ventilators, to distribute to states as needed.
Getting back on topic, things I have seen so far stated by those who think Trump could have done more, sooner...

- Trump should have shut down international travel sooner.
- There should have been a stronger federal contingency plan in place to deal with a pandemic, including a stockpile of necessary resources, like ventilators, to distribute to states as needed.
Unfortunately I think it's a little harder to get unemployment if you're self-employed if you can get it at all

A lot of hair stylist are being Mobile and traveling right now with limited clientele Originally Posted by Sienna91
I thought there were some provisions, either at the state or federal level that helped get unemployment benefits to people like contractors, but I never closely followed what happened to all of that.

Finally, let's just say that my hair is looking great again, and leave it at that.
...what do you think he should have done, and when?

Here is a list of actions in a timeline being claimed by POTUS for reference...

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/media/t...he-coronavirus Originally Posted by SecretE
Trump was alerted way back in November by many including Israeli Intelligence and are our own folks in Wuhan..
What did he do? Nothing...he ignored the information.
Later called it a hoax.

So are you saying that Trump doesn’t lie? Or does he just like to make up a story to convince his numbnuts that he did the best he could ?
His “Best” is not good enough.

Why is he trying his best to convince us that he’s totally incompetent?
He admits himself that he takes NO RESPONSIBILTY for the failures of HIS administration.
His words not mine.
The results are there for all to see. The highest victims and deaths in the world.
Trump has to carry the can. The buck stops with him, not somebody else.

But we all know Trump has to play the blame game,
He’s running out of folks to criticize but all he can do is name call and have temper tantrums.
Pathetic
  • Tiny
  • 04-18-2020, 12:26 PM
Poor Trump. Everybody’s is outs to get him. The world is shit down and he spends two hours trading barbs with reporters on live TV every day.

I don’t blame anybody for the virus. But I do think Trump’s government fucked it up for yous seven ways to Sunday because he is more concerned with his numbers than his responsibility to the people. I don’t think he could tell yous the name of the ministries responsible for public health in his own country, or who runs them. So he honestly had no clue. If he was warned, it went in one ear and out the other because he is incapable of focusing on anything that isn’t him.

I agreed with yous. Trump has done everything he is capable of doing. Not because he’s up against long odds, but because he’s a fucking moron. Originally Posted by HoeHummer
Interesting post, thanks. You've got valid criticisms of how the President's personality flaws interfered with an optimal response. I disagree with parts -- for example he's not a moron. If you want to assign blame, the CDC and John Bolton, who did away with the NSC's pandemic response team, deserve as much as Trump.

Your country is doing a better job, despite the Liberal Party's socialist leanings. Per capita, total deaths in Canada (1346) are running about 1/3rd of the US level. Canada is budgeting a lot less per capita for economic relief too, only 127 billion U.S. dollars so far from what I can tell.