What's the best sippin Whiskey ?

TX Blend
The Macallan. Glen Grant 1974 cask 7643.
My SO just got me Knob Creek single barrel 120 proof , so I will see. ( she thinks if I'm passed out she doesn't have to deal with me LOL)
Many of the higher end bourbon whiskeys appeal to most people..same for me.

I enjoy Makers Mark, Jack Daniels, Knob Creek a lot. Angels Envy was interesting. Tried some Jack Daniels Rye the other day, won't do that again.

A bit off topic, but try Captain Morgan Black . now, you can truly sip that over ice.....smooth !

Had a Philosophy professor in college that swore by Grant's Scotch. Soon after college I drank a fair amount of it really just because I thought anything that prof thought was good, had to be good ! I soon turned his appeal to bourbon and didn't look back.
  • Crock
  • 10-18-2018, 10:50 AM
TX Blend Originally Posted by MrMarriott
I don't like their blend, but their bourbon is excellent!

I enjoy Makers Mark... Originally Posted by Charlie Brown
If you like wheated bourbons like Maker's Mark, you should try the bottom shelf Rebel Yell. I like it better than Maker's and it's a quarter of the price. Rebel Reserve and Rebel Yell 10 Year are even better (and still cheaper than Maker's, but blows it away!).

If you like wheated bourbons like Maker's Mark, you should try the bottom shelf Rebel Yell. I like it better than Maker's and it's a quarter of the price. Rebel Reserve and Rebel Yell 10 Year are even better (and still cheaper than Maker's, but blows it away!). Originally Posted by Crock
Used to drink Rebel Yell, George Dickel, and a good bit of Wild Turkey during my 20's & 30's...would even get up enough change to buy some Pappy Van Winkle once in awhile.

I enjoy the old age whiskey's a lot...……..when you take that first sip, it hits you...……..it's rustic, tasty, and smooth all at once.

Now, if you're truly a connoisseur of older/expensive liquors & wines plus rare snacks, you have got to visit Spec's Liquor store in Houston, the original flagship store, 2410 Smith Street:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUser...ton_Texas.html

In their high end price section for the best of the best, they actually stock liquors selling for $75,000 a bottle and over...I know, it sounds ridiculous, but it's true !
Don julio or Cardon Bleu.

Not a whisky guy.
  • Crock
  • 10-18-2018, 12:02 PM
In their high end price section for the best of the best, they actually stock liquors selling for $75,000 a bottle and over...I know, it sounds ridiculous, but it's true ! Originally Posted by Charlie Brown
Yeah, pretty much all the big liquor stores around here have the glass case with 5 figure bottles of liquor. If I ever win the lottery, there's actually a bottle of Gran Marnier that I covet. And, of course, a good bottle of Pappy's.
Interesting short read:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnb...y-bourbon.html

You see their other “exports” too, lol.

95% of the world’s bourbon is made in Kentucky, where I’m originally from. If you ever get there, take a tour of the distillerys, mostly in Bardstown. Dont know if it’s still the case, but two-thirds of the counties are dry. (It pays to be a judge in Kentucky).
Larceny

Love knob creek too though.
I was in Ireland recently, I asked a barkeep for something smooth and has a nice kick...
He poured 1/shot Johnny Walker Black, with 1/shot Ameretto in a rock glass, placed in single ice cube.... swirled the glass for about a minute, removed the remaining ice and served...
Is known as a Godfather.... damn nice
Orphan barrel barterhouse kentucky bourbon
  • OdieO
  • 10-20-2018, 12:16 PM
Red Breast Irish Whiskey, or Belle Meade
Willet is nice as is Buffalo trece
  • RK2
  • 09-08-2019, 01:18 PM
Hard to pass IW Harper 15YO when it can be found, same for Rebel Yell 10YO. My favorite which should not be hard to find but is now 1792 Sweet Wheat.