House Dems to introduce gun backgrounds checks bill

From one who wrote in this Forum that no one is trying to remove weapons from the populace.
Originally Posted by oeb11
That sounds somewhat like ....

... you can keep your insurance and your doctor!

or ... "I do not support Nancy Pelosi for speaker"!

or ... "I don't think Trump should be impeached"!
  • oeb11
  • 01-06-2019, 10:29 AM
Here's some more great neighbor for you buddy. You wont need a gun

https://www.motherjones.com/politics...nvestigations/ Originally Posted by themystic
NRA Ties to Russian Operatives Draw Growing Scrutiny From Congress

From Mother Jones

This truly laughable - just group of pictures which , of course, to DPST means Russian Collusion by the NRA.

And yet the DPST has no problem with the Clintons smoothing the way and cooperating selling uranium for nuclear weapons to the Russians.

Such hypocrites.
But, Laughable - when all else fails DPST slanted propaganda - Blame Russian collusion.

Just pitiful.
  • oeb11
  • 01-06-2019, 10:32 AM
I thought this was the giggle picture where they're both congratulating each other for putting lots of money into their personal bank accounts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized %1%2.
There are approximately 300 million guns in America. There are approximately 11 million illegal aliens in America. There are approximately 20 million Trump supporters, (not counting Russia). The amount of illegals and Trump supporters are going down. The guns aren't going anywhere.

Republicans have a God complex. They insist on having guns to kill people and yet freak out over Abortion because its killing someone. They also love the Death penalty. They are not Pro Life they actually love playing God
You equate having guns to abortion and the death penalty to pro life...from the mouth of babes
Please tell me where you can go and buy a gun ANYWHERE by just filling out the "gentleman honor" yellow sheet.
My local paper had person to person gun sells everyday!!
This was 35 years ago.
Before that...
I use to carry a rifle to school for
shooting class...that dates me!!
GUN LAWS ARE MORE LAX NOW....YEAH RIGHT!! Originally Posted by bb1961

If you don't live in Mo then you don't know the laws. You can buy firearms from individuals either out side or inside at gun shows.No checks and carry handguns without any training.
  • oeb11
  • 01-06-2019, 01:44 PM
There are approximately 300 million guns in America. There are approximately 11 million illegal aliens in America. There are approximately 20 million Trump supporters, (not counting Russia). The amount of illegals and Trump supporters are going down. The guns aren't going anywhere.

Republicans have a God complex. They insist on having guns to kill people and yet freak out over Abortion because its killing someone. They also love the Death penalty. They are not Pro Life they actually love playing God Originally Posted by themystic

TM - this completely illogical and unsupportable. This could never fly in a rational debate.
I have no illusion about changing the opinion of anyone from the DPST side
It is just a shame how DPST's idolize their political dogma.
Republicans have a God complex. They insist on having guns to kill people .... Originally Posted by themystic
... really?
  • oeb11
  • 01-06-2019, 02:12 PM
https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/06/us/ke...hip/index.html
According to local law in Kennesaw, Georgia, “every head of household residing in the city limits is required to maintain a firearm."
While the 1982 law isn’t actually enforced, the town’s mayor spoke highly of it nonetheless.
"If you're going to commit a crime in Kennesaw and you're the criminal -- are you going to take a chance that that homeowner is a law-abiding citizen?" asked Kennesaw Mayor Derek Easterling, reports CNN.
Lt. Craig Graydon of the Kennesaw Police Department explained the law “was meant to be kind of a crime deterrent.”
And while it’s difficult to prove a causal relationship between the law and crime in the town, Kennesaw, which boasts a population of 33,000 people, has a violent crime rate of less than 2 percent and has only had one murder in the last six years.

The objective is to not be required to kill an assailant to protect oneself from assault/injury/murder.

Prevention of crime is the best answer.

DPST answer is to disarm the citizens, and pat their poor Plantation minority - micreants on the head for being deprived as children.
The objective is to not be required to kill an assailant to protect oneself from assault/injury/murder.

Originally Posted by oeb11
But it always sounds better to accuse someone of being a murderer or a racist or both at the same time when posturing in a discussion. It actually works on some folks. Most it doesn't. It just makes the accuser soundly wimpishly hysterical.
  • oeb11
  • 01-06-2019, 05:09 PM
But it always sounds better to accuse someone of being a murderer or a racist or both at the same time when posturing in a discussion. It actually works on some folks. Most it doesn't. It just makes the accuser soundly wimpishly hysterical. Originally Posted by LexusLover

Satire on the DPST's , LL?
Warren and her ilk always sound wimpishly hysterical to me!
TM - this completely illogical and unsupportable. This could never fly in a rational debate.
I have no illusion about changing the opinion of anyone from the DPST side
It is just a shame how DPST's idolize their political dogma. Originally Posted by oeb11
God, Bless you.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/06/us/ke...hip/index.html
According to local law in Kennesaw, Georgia, “every head of household residing in the city limits is required to maintain a firearm."
While the 1982 law isn’t actually enforced, the town’s mayor spoke highly of it nonetheless.
"If you're going to commit a crime in Kennesaw and you're the criminal -- are you going to take a chance that that homeowner is a law-abiding citizen?" asked Kennesaw Mayor Derek Easterling, reports CNN.
Lt. Craig Graydon of the Kennesaw Police Department explained the law “was meant to be kind of a crime deterrent.”
And while it’s difficult to prove a causal relationship between the law and crime in the town, Kennesaw, which boasts a population of 33,000 people, has a violent crime rate of less than 2 percent and has only had one murder in the last six years.

DPST answer is to disarm the citizens, and pat their poor Plantation minority - micreants on the head for being deprived as children. Originally Posted by oeb11
Lucy, you got some splaining to do

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/kennesaw-gun-law/

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/kennesaw-gun-law/ Originally Posted by themystic
Take it up with the Clinton News Network. The Liberals are at it again! Snopes just indicted them for more fake news.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/kennesaw-gun-law/ Originally Posted by themystic
So are you trying to refute or support the 3/2018 article from CNN with the 10/2015 Snopes write up?

Both basically say that the goal was to make a statement more than an enforceable statute.

In the end, prevention is indeed the answer and being afraid that a homeowner does indeed have a gun that will be pointed at you is a wonderful preventative measure.