First Concert

The Who at the old Dallas Convention Center. Tix were 6.00 for killer floor seats. Lynyrd Skynyrd were the opening band.

Best concert I ever saw was Talking Heads at Bronco Bowl and Parliament/Funkadelic at SMU Moody Coliseum.

Pink Floyd at Fort Worth Convention Center on the Animals Tour and Rolling Stones at Will Rogers on the Some Girls Tour were some kick ass shows. Had fifth row seats for the Stones.
Yes, 1973 Louisville Gardens.
It is a three way tie for me: Fleetwood Mac, Eric Clapton (also last year) and Jeff Beck. All three were frikkin' amazing concerts.

I'm jealous of those of you who can say you saw The Beatles in concert, but I did get to see Paul McCartney on his last trip through Dallas, I will take what I can get I guess. Originally Posted by Dannie
That's funny. I'm jealous of your Clapton show ... assuming that was the Clapton/Winwood tour ... I bought the CD, and it blew me away ! The two Hendrix songs alone were worth the price of admission.
1974 First Concert Chicago and The Beach Boys headlined a series in Northern Ohio at the old Municipal Stadium (also the site of the infamous Indians- Rangers baseball game that featured the promotion 5 cent beer nite The game was forfeited in the second inning lol) Anyway the promoters called these events The World Series of Rock. and over the years some heavy hitters came together and there were usually 6 or 7 groups and it would last all day

Other memorable ones

!975 Led Zeppelin in the middle of winter in a raging snowstorm

Eric Clapton, Black Sabbath, Pink Floyd, Steve Miller

David Bowie, Yes Genesis (early and late)

But 1980 The Wall by Floyd was the highlight, seeing that stage and all that went with it.
and going to NYC for a few days just a huge adventure Originally Posted by St.Mateo
Those were some good times....don't know quite how I missed running into you there.

Speaking of sports at the old stadium and since it is football pre-season time, do you remember the day/night pre-season double header football games? I seem to recall being at one that featured the Squealers vs ? and the Brownies vs ?? How about the (now politically incorrect) revolving Chief Wahoo on the SE corner of the stadium?

Michael Jackson Bad Tour, April 26, 1988 Reunion Arena, Dallas Texas. I didn't plan on going but a friend of my brother called me to see if I wanted to go because the friend he was going with couldn't and my brother was in the Marine Corp at 29 Palms California so I was asked instead. First, I wasn't, but my Mother told me I should go ahead so she paid for my ticket. I was 16 and I have to admit, it was a fantastic show, in fact the very best concert I have ever been and I have probably been to about 50 concerts at least. Say what you want about him, but Michael Jackson could put on a hell of a show.
The Moody Blues

Best concert... Led Zepplin 1977 Swan Song tour

It's funny to think that I saw most of the biggies in their prime for under 10 bucks and now it's a hundred bucks to get a decent seat for these 60 year old geezers...lol.
Three Dog Night and Chicago (different nights) 1972 Gallagher Hall Stillwater OK 1972

best concert, Roy Orbison in the small room of the Inter Continental Hotel Addison early 80's, I think there only 30 of us there
Beastie Boys with Cypress Hill and Rollins Band opening.

1992 New Orleans.

Also the first time I smoked a j

I wish I could bottle that day and live it over and over...
Scorpions 1990 or 1991 I think at the San Diego Sports Arena.

Best show has to be the Rolling Stones 1999 at the old Jack Murphy Stadium (now Qualcomm). Pouring rain and they did not miss a beat.
Sadly my hormones dictated my first concert and it was with a friend to go see Paula Abdul cuz we thought she was hot so we went. What was worse was Color Me Badd was opening for her in Clearwater, Fla.
That's funny. I'm jealous of your Clapton show ... assuming that was the Clapton/Winwood tour Originally Posted by Agrippa
Yes, it was the Clapton/Winwood tour

The Hendrix songs were amazing, and the Blind Faith songs were of course incredible, too. "Had To Cry Today" and "Presence Of The Lord" were great...Hell the whole concert was just incredible.
  • harry
  • 08-28-2010, 02:51 PM
My first was Emerson, Lake and Palmer at the Texas Tech basketball arena in Lubbock back in 1978.
Todd Rundgren & Utopia, Shreveport, July 25, 1975 at the old Municipal Auditorium.
Todd Rundgren & Utopia, Shreveport, July 25, 1975 at the old Municipal Auditorium. Originally Posted by TexTushHog

Saw Todd on that tour when he hit Dallas area...was a great show. The RA tour was really cool....they had a stage set with a giant pyramid. Wish I would have been old enough to see the Nazz when they played at the old club on Cole St where Uptown is now.
Peter Frampton
Tarrant County Convention Center, Fort Worth, TX

My baby sitter, her BF and her little sister. They forgot they had to babysit so they packed a lunch, loaded us in the Pacer and off we went. Of course lunch was 420Brownies and 420Tea. Since I was only 9 years old could be what pissed off the folks. But hey, they fed us...right?

Yeah..she never babysat for me again.