Obamacare freebie- birth control?

Wrong....get your facts right...........

Multiple individual plans available on the D.C. health-insurance exchange specifically cover elective abortion but not hearing aids, routine foot-care, and routine eye-care.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...betsy-woodruff Originally Posted by Whirlaway

Federal law explicitly prohibits using federal funds for abortions... Them there are the facts.We can have differing opinions, but facts are facts BTW. If your OPINION differs from mine I promise not to think you lack brains or intelligence. And above all, youre NOT MY ENEMY
Federal law explicitly prohibits using federal funds for abortions... Them there are the facts.We can have differing opinions, but facts are facts BTW. If your OPINION differs from mine I promise not to think you lack brains or intelligence. And above all, youre NOT MY ENEMY Originally Posted by GentleGiant2467

It's not direct federal funding if its in the form of an insurance plan. Like laundering subsidies. Now the money is earmarked for "health insurance costs" rather than "abortions". Now no one is breaking the federal funding law.

No hate here either. Just wish ppl saw the big picture. Gets Fcuking frustrating after awhile.
I believe free contraception has been available at planned parenthood for years if you claim indigence. They roll it into the cost of other services and have already been receiving subsidies for pregnancy prevention for years as well. The government has been willing to cover the cost of contraception and std awareness for decades.

What I find most disturbing is when I heard the new program will also pay for abortions!

Regardless of your position on abortions, its really upsetting that tax payers are responsible for two people's momentary fcuk up in the heat of passion. I'm aware that not all pregnancies happen with the woman's consent but that is a VERY small fraction of pregnancy overall. I do not wanna pay every time Susie super slut flings her legs open for the boys on the block.

I'll get on board to pay for birth control all day long since we have all already been doing it as it is, but paying for a fcuk up after the fact when it could (in most instances) be prevented it is just infuriating. That should be a private party expense. Period! Originally Posted by thathottnurse

Its about choices. If I were a woman I would not anyone in real life, or Austin, or Washington, tell me what I can do or not do with my body. I am constantly surprised how quiet women are on this.
Its about choices. If I were a woman I would not anyone in real life, or Austin, or Washington, tell me what I can do or not do with my body. I am constantly surprised how quiet women are on this. Originally Posted by pyramider
Ayyy fucking men! I am, as we speak, searching for a Taint for Prez campaign HQ.
Its about choices. If I were a woman I would not anyone in real life, or Austin, or Washington, tell me what I can do or not do with my body. I am constantly surprised how quiet women are on this. Originally Posted by pyramider
Pyramider, the statement you make would probably get 100% agreement if there were an equal consensus on whether or not that decision affected another body's rights.

That is the slippery slope no one can answer with certainty.
Well how would you feel if a bunch of gray haired biddies said masturbation is bad and outlawed male orgasms unless its for procreation? Semen is part of a future of another being ... Absurd ... yes but very similar to what women deal with daily.
Well how would you feel if a bunch of gray haired biddies said masturbation is bad and outlawed male orgasms unless its for procreation? Semen is part of a future of another being ... Absurd ... yes but very similar to what women deal with daily. Originally Posted by pyramider
Well, the issue doesn't arise until the semen meets the egg.

I don't profess to have any deep insight on when that becomes a human, but the subject is one that I really can't come to grips with comfortably.
You are not my "enemy" either; but like you said = facts are facts. And the fact is that you claimed Obamacare exchange insurance policies aren't paying for abortions because it is illegal to use federal funds. You are wrong.

As pointed out in my linked story, certain policies that are offered in the DC exchange have covered abortions; those same policies qualify for government subsidized premium payments (i.e. federal tax dollars being used to subsidized the insurance cost of certain consumers based on income).

Federal law explicitly prohibits using federal funds for abortions... Them there are the facts.We can have differing opinions, but facts are facts BTW. If your OPINION differs from mine I promise not to think you lack brains or intelligence. And above all, youre NOT MY ENEMY Originally Posted by GentleGiant2467
You are not my "enemy" either; but like you said = facts are facts. And the fact is that you claimed Obamacare exchange insurance policies aren't paying for abortions because it is illegal to use federal funds. You are wrong.

As pointed out in my linked story, certain policies that are offered in the DC exchange have covered abortions; those same policies qualify for government subsidized premium payments (i.e. federal tax dollars being used to subsidized the insurance cost of certain consumers based on income). Originally Posted by Whirlaway
Laundering subsidies. It's the new American way!

... but the subject is one that I really can't come to grips with comfortably. Originally Posted by OldGrump
Personal comfort is the liability of the individual, not the government, and is no reason to deny another person the right to their own body. If men had the same reproductive powers as women the Patriarchal history of civilization would have resolved this issue before time was recorded. "Sorry, babe, can't be laid up pregnant, gotta go kill a Stegosaurus or we won't last the winter. You want another one, you have it".
Personal comfort is the liability of the individual, not the government, and is no reason to deny another person the right to their own body. If men had the same reproductive powers as women the Patriarchal history of civilization would have resolved this issue before time was recorded. "Sorry, babe, can't be laid up pregnant, gotta go kill a Stegosaurus or we won't last the winter. You want another one, you have it". Originally Posted by phildo
Now we're getting somewhere. I agree that the government has no place in what is really a personal or religious decision. I just do not equate masturbated sperm with a fertilized egg.

At some point, the fertilized egg becomes a viable person and the decision to abort involves more than just correcting a careless mistake.

Whose responsibility it is to pay for such carelessness is the subject of this thread. I resent being taxed to cover the asses of idiots. One time, maybe, then the tubes get tied on both parties. Abortion is not a form of birth control.
I can totally hear my dad right now: "Young lady, do you know something that's free AND keeps you from getting pregnant???"

Me: "What's that, dad?"

My dad: "Abstinence."

At some point, the fertilized egg becomes a viable person and the decision to abort involves more than just correcting a careless mistake. Originally Posted by OldGrump
This is what always gives me pause and keeps me on the fence about the whole argument. There is that moment of conception when life does begin and a great responsibility is put into another person's hands. The ideal situation would be to prevent an unwanted pregnancy. But again, that's idealism not realism.
This shit on Obamacare is funny as hell (see video). Wait for the end... rotflmao!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hxwot4sGTrM
It's not direct federal funding if its in the form of an insurance plan. Like laundering subsidies. Now the money is earmarked for "health insurance costs" rather than "abortions". Now no one is breaking the federal funding law.

No hate here either. Just wish ppl saw the big picture. Gets Fcuking frustrating after awhile. Originally Posted by thathottnurse

Got it THN, funding abortion by proxy. Thanks for explaining. Like you I disagree with the premise of terminating human life in its early stages BUT... I DO NOT have the right to decide what's right for the lives of my fellow man (and/or hot, freaky Nurse ).

I did not consider the by proxy angle so thanks for the enlightenment but that doesn't change my feelings on this.
This shit on Obamacare is funny as hell (see video). Wait for the end... rotflmao!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hxwot4sGTrM Originally Posted by SD2011
Ted Cruz! Bahahahahaaaaa!!!!