SCOTUS Strikes Down Three "Recess" Appointments by President Obama

You're the one that missed the point, Ekim the Inbred Chimp. The dim-retards -- including your butt-buddy Odumbo -- initiated this pro forma tactic, and they have now reaped what they have sown. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
No YOU missed the point!!!!!
Missed the point as usual IB next president will find he is unable to hire and fire those in his department. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
???

Can you explain this statement?

A monkey wrote it.
  • WTF
  • 06-28-2014, 03:05 AM
WTF????

How about the 1,400 decisions handed down by the NRLA?

It is a very big deal....but then again, you don't WTF. Originally Posted by Whirlaway
Did you miss this post?

Yes that is correct but what I didn't make clear was..... they have fixed the problem of not having nominees filibustered and the recess appointments had been confirmed.

A year and a half after the recess appointments, the Senate confirmed a full slate of NLRB members, as well as Cordray at the CFPB.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2014/06/supreme-court-recess-appointments-obama-noel-canning

but you are correct, this could be problematic.

But any vote the NLRB took between the recess appointments and official confirmation can now be challenged under the Supreme Court's logic....

....While he's had an easier time getting his judges and staff confirmed since the Senate went nuclear on the filibuster, Republicans are projected to retake the Senate in the midterm elections. Obama better make sure he gets all of his staff in place before the end of the year if he doesn't want an empty White House as he winds down his final term in office. Originally Posted by WTF
???

Can you explain this statement?

Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
A monkey wrote it. Originally Posted by gnadfly
In your case you are a idiot, turd fly.

You clowns realize it (the SCOTUS decision) will apply to all presidents not just Obama. the senate will never be in recess for 10 days now.
No chimp dick you missed the point as usual you are just chimp dumb. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
In the "real world", Ekim the Inbred Chimp, where everyone else lives, the year "2008" came before the year "2012".

The bigger sham is the Republicans claiming they are in session because they have someone walk into a totally empty chamber, bang the gravel and walk out. Originally Posted by BigLouie
But you were okay with it when Odumbo and company did the same thing to Bush in 2008!?!?!

No YOU missed the point!!!!! Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Hasa diga, you lying, hypocritical, racist, cum-gobbling golem fucktard, HDDB, DEM.

You clowns realize it (the SCOTUS decision) will apply to all presidents not just Obama. the senate will never be in recess for 10 days now. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
You and Odumbo are the real clowns who do not understand that every Supreme Court justice voted to reiterate what the Constitution already says, Ekim the Inbred Chimp.
In your case you are a idiot, turd fly.

You clowns realize it (the SCOTUS decision) will apply to all presidents not just Obama. the senate will never be in recess for 10 days now. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
True. And that is a good thing. How does that prevent a President from hiring and firing people in his/her "department"?
Every body knows what this was all about. The Presidentt had three pro-labor political hacks that he either promised a seat on the Board too or wanted them on there himself. He knew getting them through the Senate Confirmation Process would be difficult, so he did an end run.

In this particular case, he lost, and now it seems a lot of time and money will have to be spent figuring out just where this leaves all of the decisions made while these three "illegal" appointees were sitting on the board.

This is how a Narcissist and Demagogue works. He doesn't give a shit about the ramifications of his actions, he just does what he wants, and promises what he feels will garner him support among his followers.

A President is allowed to do this when over half of the Country want something for nothing, (those that "vote for a living"),and one side of the Legislative Branch is too busy kissing his ring to realize that the Constitution is being used as toilet paper.
In the "real world", Ekim the Inbred Chimp, where everyone else lives, the year "2008" came before the year "2012".

You and Odumbo are the real clowns who do not understand that every Supreme Court justice voted to reiterate what the Constitution already says, Ekim the Inbred Chimp.
Originally Posted by I B Hankering
I am surprised that you have shown this much clarity chimp shit. I repeat again for the slow...This opinion applies to ALL presidents just not Obama...Get it?
True. And that is a good thing. How does that prevent a President from hiring and firing people in his/her "department"? Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Poor choice of words on my part, should have been appoint.
Every body knows what this was all about. The Presidentt had three pro-labor political hacks that he either promised a seat on the Board too or wanted them on there himself. He knew getting them through the Senate Confirmation Process would be difficult, so he did an end run.

In this particular case, he lost, and now it seems a lot of time and money will have to be spent figuring out just where this leaves all of the decisions made while these three "illegal" appointees were sitting on the board.

This is how a Narcissist and Demagogue works. He doesn't give a shit about the ramifications of his actions, he just does what he wants, and promises what he feels will garner him support among his followers.

A President is allowed to do this when over half of the Country want something for nothing, (those that "vote for a living"),and one side of the Legislative Branch is too busy kissing his ring to realize that the Constitution is being used as toilet paper. Originally Posted by Jackie S
You forgot to mention there were not enough on the board to do business, and the republicans want the labor relations board to disappear.
According to the Constitution a president does not NOW have the right to appoint people into his government....without approval by the senate. That's the part this constitutional lawyer forgot about. The senate has a role to advise and consent to the nominees.

If you want try to use this as a veiled threat about precedence then you have to go to the root of the problem. The senate did not go into recess because Obama threatened to do what he did. If he had had the brains to keep his mouth shut the senate would have into recess and he would have had a better legal position but this guy is about posturing. Don't worry, the senate and house go into recess before they seat the incoming freshmen.
You mean like HARRY REID did to Bush for the last 2 or 3 years of his last term? Funny how no one had a problem with Harry Reid using the "pro forma" session tactic to stop Bush from Recess Appointing any more cabinet members, but when the Republicans did the same thing to Obama, he got all butt-hurt about it and violated the Constitution. For the supposed "Constitutional Scholar" you'd think he'd know more about it than Bush did, but NOOOOOOO. Such an egregious violation, even his two appointees voted against him. 9-0, yep, that was a partisan vote, wasn't it?
You mean like HARRY REID did to Bush for the last 2 or 3 years of his last term? Funny how no one had a problem with Harry Reid using the "pro forma" session tactic to stop Bush from Recess Appointing any more cabinet members, but when the Republicans did the same thing to Obama, he got all butt-hurt about it and violated the Constitution. For the supposed "Constitutional Scholar" you'd think he'd know more about it than Bush did, but NOOOOOOO. Such an egregious violation, even his two appointees voted against him. 9-0, yep, that was a partisan vote, wasn't it? Originally Posted by RedLeg505
WTF are you babbling about now? Time for your monthly?
Anybody willing to bet that IBIdiot has memorized the entire libretto to at least a dozen Broadway Musicals?

This is one seriously confused motherfucker.

Were you inspired by "Silence of the Lambs?" IBIdiot? Because you fit the profile of the asshole who kept the fat girl in the pit...

The South Shall Rise Again? or.... Can you squeal like a pig, IBIDiot?