Best Tex Mex Restaurant in DFW

Gloria's is good, as is Christina's and La Hacienda Ranch

Another good one is El Ranchito in Oak Cliff

http://www.elranchito-dallas.com/
  • T-Can
  • 01-23-2012, 08:55 AM
This is my favorite for the past few years: http://www.casaritasmexicangrill.com/

I have not had anything I didn't like at Casa Ritas and I see they have a location in Frisco as well.
Makin' a list here...can't wait to try some of these places...thanks, everyone!
Totally off of the beaten path...best Fajitas around...guaranteed.

Raphael's on 380

http://raphaelson380.com/
  • Uncas
  • 01-23-2012, 11:31 AM
You guys need to go to Arlington and try
El Gabacho . There's nothing like it in the metroplex
Ojeda's on Maple Ave and any Pappasito's.
You guys don't like On the Border

I am not a big Tex Mex fan but I do like Mercardo Juarez.
Chuy's, especially the one at McKinney & Knox-Henderson.
Fort Worth:
La Familia
The Original
Mi Charito
Uncle Julios
El Rancho Grande

Arlington:
Marianos
Abuelos
El Arroyo
Lots of great places...Only one I didnt see on anyone's list is Blue Mesa/University Dr in Ft Worth. Great brunch on Sundays with unlimited mimosas!

La familia is my personal fave!
Red Tex- El Rancho is my no. 1 choice for DFW too. Very consistent year after year.
You people are so cute, naming al these places.....

now for the real deals........Mia's, on Lemmon,hands down...followed by Matts and Tupinambas......oh yea ....and Herraras.......
Uncle Julio's on the Tollway
My Tex Mex recommendations would be as follows:

1. Gonzale's - Jefferson Blvd. Oak Cliff. It's popular and well known.

2. Mia's - avoid like the plague on Friday nights - Long waits and annoying over-attentative parents and thier bratty kids. The Mexican parents are not as over indulgent when it comes to their children; but you won't find them dining her Firday nights.

3. Herrerra's - Maple Avenue - eclectic clientel that appreciate great combo platters. Very loyal fan base .

4. El Ranchito - East Dallas - Mexican families and thier well behaved children. Few gringos at the Columbia Avenue location

5. Ojeda's - Maple Avenue old school tex mex. Ya either love it or hate it !

6. Pepe & Mitos - Deep Ellum. Cool vibe. Great top shelf ritas !

Herrera's Combo Plate.................pure tex mex bliss !

Whirl - You back your choices with good arguments. It sounds like you selected place that are also fun. This is a factor I did not give too much thought to. Been to Herrerra's once. Good but not blown away. The always gets good press in the DMN. El Ranchito had a good article written up about a two years ago. I will have to give Pepe & Mitos a try. I like the Angry Dog as well. Having lived in El Paso for five years I have been to the Holy Grail!

I have also lived in Atlanta for five years and Taco Bueno would make the top ten list there. Outside of Mexican all of the other restaurants rock.