Favorite Bar in San Antonio

• oden
  • 02-04-2010, 10:05 PM
Where is Duo and what kind of bar is it? Also Pepper, what is the attraction with gay bars? I know that is kind of cool with younger women now days, but is it a false sense of security? One of my best friends used to wear a wedding ring so he would be "safe" or a "challenge". Is that the appeal?
Oden, your latter question is so funny. And so is your friend.

Loosen up. I liked the Bonham. Mainly for the fact they are friendly to older people.
Don't make us wait in line like the young folks and don't charge in-n-out.

I only know of a couple of gay clubs i've been to and they are ok.
I like fast eddies................pool, darts, over priced popcorn and my jack and coke Originally Posted by sanantonioman37
Damn near everything is over priced at Slow Jose's. I'm just glad I get $2 beers anytime at some of the locations.
Klusoz Martini Bar & Tapas Restaurant

just outside 1604 on 281 North @ Redland Road (next to Mulligan's..)
They have bars in San Antonio? I did not know that. I always thought I would have to move to a city for that.
  • oden
  • 02-06-2010, 10:38 AM
Well call them saloons then lol.
  • oden
  • 02-06-2010, 10:47 AM
There is a new bar at 281 and Evans that is showing some promise called Silver Screens. Some girls were offering up body shots the other night. Drinks only $1.50 during happy hour. Kind of on the lines of New York Bar or Chicago.
Where is Duo and what kind of bar is it? Also Pepper, what is the attraction with gay bars? I know that is kind of cool with younger women now days, but is it a false sense of security? One of my best friends used to wear a wedding ring so he would be "safe" or a "challenge". Is that the appeal? Originally Posted by oden
The music is always better at the gay bars! I go with my friends, they are gay. Sometimes my boyfriend tags along. He agrees the music is awesome there. Duo is in Stone Oak near where Cielito and Luz and all that little area. It's a small bar and they play some fun music also.
may have to stop by ny bar sometime....i dont like overly crowded places...
lol wonder if many hobbyist go there
alibis-casual place my fav to
babcock bar
bombays
changos-my all time fav
stonewrks-on thurs
fox and hound
coco lounge-another fave
drink- fav
sherlocks...thats for now hope you enjoy
luv the gay bars drinks are really cheap and more bang for your buck
Any bar that serves a real proper pint poured correctly!!
Well call them saloons then lol. Originally Posted by oden
well.. the good thing about saloons is i can shout booty call without getting x rated. or is it the other way around? texan is a difficult language...
Any bar that serves a real proper pint poured correctly!! Originally Posted by BritishBabe
Phoebe, where do you find that? Every beer venue I know of in SA serves their beers ice cold and fizzy with too much foam and in a glass that holds 16 oz. to the rim. I still remember my first pint of Young's Special at the White Horse on Parsons Green in London.