Best Burgers in DFW

name please .............I am not on board with Twisted Root; over rated IMO.

Give OSK a try; then let us know what you think.

Thanks timpage and whirlaway for you reply as for burgers twisted root is also pretty damm good now if you want a chicago hot dog or beef sandwhich i have a place for that Originally Posted by skirtchaser79411
Next time you are in the Adair's neighborhood; give St. Pete's Dancing Marlin a try........very nice bar...will remind you of a neighborhood bar in NY (think Pete's Tavern on Irving Place)..........and they make a great burger........and it isn't a dive like Adair's...............a great place to grab a bite to eat and watch the Rangers ! btw, I like Adair's....

http://stpetesdancingmarlin.com/

I had never known about Adair's Saloon until you mentioned it. So I tried it.

..... Originally Posted by ExNYer
Next time you are in the Adair's neighborhood; give St. Pete's Dancing Marlin a try........very nice bar...will remind you of a neighborhood bar in NY (think Pete's Tavern on Irving Place)..........and they make a great burger........and it isn't a dive like Adair's...............a great place to grab a bite to eat and watch the Rangers ! btw, I like Adair's....

http://stpetesdancingmarlin.com/ Originally Posted by Whirlaway
I have been to the Dancing Marlin a number of times, though not in a few years.
  • CJ7
  • 08-14-2013, 08:41 AM
if you try all the good/great burger joints in Big D, you'll weigh 2000 lbs in a month
if you try all the good/great burger joints in Big D, you'll weigh 2000 lbs in a month Originally Posted by CJ7
Which is why we need to identify only the very best.

And why I broke it into categories.

Otherwise we'd end up visiting 30-40 places instead of 5-7.
  • CJ7
  • 08-14-2013, 08:45 AM

Otherwise we'd end up visiting 30-40 places instead of 5-7. Originally Posted by ExNYer

so whats your favorite
Start with Off Site Kitchen..........

Also, The Grape, on lower greenville....picked by Texas Monthly as the best hamburger in the state of Texas !!!!!!!!!!!!! But it is served only on Sunday. It is that damn good. And not that expensive..The Grape is an excellent bistro-style restaurant............classic place.

http://www.thegraperestaurant.com/
so whats your favorite Originally Posted by CJ7
Not sure yet.

But that burger at Adair's would probably be the best if Adair's was not a dump. It is hard to separate the two in the mind. The stale smell of the place is particularly offensive when you are trying to eat.

Otherwise we'd end up visiting 30-40 places instead of 5-7. Originally Posted by ExNYer
This is a bad thing?
Not sure yet.

But that burger at Adair's would probably be the best if Adair's was not a dump. It is hard to separate the two in the mind. The stale smell of the place is particularly offensive when you are trying to eat. Originally Posted by ExNYer
Adairs is not a dump. It's a honky tonk. There's a difference.

If you ever go back, try the ham and cheese sandwich. It's almost as good as the hamburger. And, note the picture of Elvis on the wall walking into the very place where you are chowing down. Not surprising that the place smells stale...it's been there for 50 years. Lot of good music acts have passed through there....
Is there anywhere in DFW that even gets corned beef brisket, or is it just that shitty Grocery store round?

closest real corned beef is in Houston last I looked...

But Im sure there's decent burgers in DFW. Not bad stuff for a second rate food town...
This is a bad thing? Originally Posted by timpage
Good point.
Is there anywhere in DFW that even gets corned beef brisket, or is it just that shitty Grocery store round?

closest real corned beef is in Houston last I looked...

But Im sure there's decent burgers in DFW. Not bad stuff for a second rate food town... Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Keep talking bitch...
Shit, the one thing Dallas does have is good restaurants and lots of them.....you can eat well and go see where Kennedy got shot.
Shit, the one thing Dallas does have is good restaurants and lots of them.....you can eat well and go see where Kennedy got shot. Originally Posted by timpage
That sounds like an itinerary on the "COG Conspiracy Tour".