odds on Queen Elizabeth

Actually. JFK, Reagan andTrump truly cared about regular Americans. It’s fact. Originally Posted by bambino
Trump does not belong in that list.

And THATS a fact.
I have always admired Queen Elizabeth. I can’t give any specifics, just a gut feeling.
Trump does not belong in that list.

And THATS a fact. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider

if you say so
why do we care bout the royals? i dont
I like Queen Elizabeth Alexandra Mary Windsor. Consider that she was not supposed to be the Queen until her uncle abdicated. They she lived through some of the most "interesting" times of her country's history from World War II, rebuilding Europe, decolonization, the shrinking of the Empire, the economic crisis of the 70s and 80s, the collapse of the USSR, the Falklands, Hong Kong, the European Union, Brexit, and Meghan Markle. Think of your mother or grandmother dealing with the same shit.
The Falklands is one of the most interesting cases of having to save face. No one cared about the Falkland Islands. Probably no one still cares, they are the same as before. But the UK had to respond and service men had to die to save face.

Hopefully a similar event will not happen again in the future.

Thank god Germany did not win WWII, or we would all be speaking German instead of English.

Thank god a way to resolve the Hong Kong situation was found. Although quite a few Hong Kong residents are not real happy. Protest anyone ? They tried that. Protests in Canada and the USA seem to work better......if they are peaceful.
I saw a headline that she is about to mark 70 years on the throne.

That's a long time to sit on a toilet.
Queen Elizabeth declares she wants Camilla, the wife of Prince Charles, to have the queen consort title

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...230727708.html
Kaitlin Reilly
Sat, February 5, 2022, 5:07 PM

Queen Elizabeth said that Camilla, the wife of Prince Charles, will have the Queen Consort title when Prince Charles becomes King. (Photo: Oli SCARFF / POOL / AFP) (Photo by OLI SCARFF/POOL/AFP via Getty Images)
The United Kingdom’s Queen Elizabeth just bestowed a major honor onto Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall.
In a letter marking her "Platinum Jubilee," which is the 70th anniversary of the Queen’s accession to the throne, the matriarch of the royal family shared her hope for Camilla’s future within the royal family. Camilla wed the Queen’s son, Prince Charles, in 2005.

“When, in the fullness of time, my son Charles becomes King, I know you will give him and his wife Camilla the same support that you have given me,” she wrote. “[It] is my sincere wish that, when that time comes, Camilla will be known as Queen Consort as she continues her own loyal service.”

“Queen consort” is a title given to a woman who becomes queen via marriage to the king, while Queen Elizabeth, who became Queen at 25 when her father King George VI passed, is known as queen regent.
- ADVERTISEMENT -

Queen Elizabeth’s late husband Prince Philip, also known as the Duke of Edinburgh, was not eligible for the male version of the title due to British parliamentary rules. Prince Philip passed away in April 2021 at age 99.

The Queen also used the letter to share a warm message about her late partner, writing, "I was blessed that in Prince Philip I had a partner willing to carry out the role of consort and unselfishly make the sacrifices that go with it. It is a role I saw my own mother perform during my father's reign."

Upon the passing of Prince Charles, Prince William will become king, and his wife Kate Middleton queen regent.

Camilla is Prince Charles’ second wife. He officially divorced from Princess Diana, the mother of Prince William and Prince Harry, in 1996.

In a 1995 BBC interview, Diana — who had a challenging relationship with the royal family — stated that she had no desire to become queen, explaining, “I’d like to be a queen of people’s hearts, but I don’t see myself being queen of this country.”
Chung is gone

Long live the Queen
... Bit of a shame - 'cause I kinda liked Mr. Chung
because of his two-way views.

You think he got sent-off for pissing on me Queen?
Would think he'd need to do more than that.
Seems a bit harsh. But who am I to judge?

#### Salty
Look at Camilla, then a picture of Princess Diana. Charles preferred Camilla
He may be the only human being on the face of the earth dumber than Biden
... Bit of a shame - 'cause I kinda liked Mr. Chung
because of his two-way views.

You think he got sent-off for pissing on me Queen?
Would think he'd need to do more than that.
Seems a bit harsh. But who am I to judge?

#### Salty Originally Posted by Salty Again

Check out the posts of Chung before he went over the cliff. You will see the reason why.

Our task is but to do and die.
Look at Camilla, then a picture of Princess Diana. Charles preferred Camilla
He may be the only human being on the face of the earth dumber than Biden Originally Posted by tman1847

Prince Charles and Diana had nothing to talk about and nothing in common.
It appears a married Camilla slutted around to improve her status, kind of like Harris