Steak.....

Pappas gets my vote, but i do miss the corn fed beef of the mid west
This is texas... you dont go cheap on steak here..

either Bobs, 3forks..or Kirby's ... dels.. is a little over rated..(steakwise.. not service wise)

pricd doesnt matter when steak is involved
Love and War in Texas, Plano or Grapevine. They have other items on their menu, but several good steaks, and great music.
Al Biernats and Bobs in my book by far the most amazing, I go at least once a week. If you go to Al Biernats try the lobster risotto, it'll change get your life.
When I go out for a steak, I prefer to visit the pricier places (if I'm controlling my spending, i'll cook one myself). My preference is Pappa's Steakhouse on Lombardi. Originally Posted by Hellion437
That's kinda how I am. I know I can outperform Hoffbrau or Land and Cattle but know I fall short of Pappas or Bob's or the like. Pappas is amazing and they have one of the highest regarded sommeliers working there!
Ok who wants to do some steak with me hmmm so many choices you guys are great to name dome awesome places.
Houstons hawaiian rib eye,
not to far from you either
Chamberlains....great dinner place, clients always love it too!
I know everyone wants to go out to eat, but, for steak, no problem cooking a good steak meal at home without going broke.

Just got 3 pack of bone in rib eyes from Kroger. Nice thick cuts for $18.00(card pricing). Regular price $31.00

But, when I'm too lazy to cook, I don't mind Salt Grass.
Amen and Amen.

If I'm doing steak, I prefer my own grill...my own patio...my own wine.....as the customer I know I am my own best cook and best server. I know how to treat myself right when it comes to a good steak experience.....

That aid, try Steak Tuscana next time you're doing your own grilling. And if you feel especially adventurous, Bisteca di Fiorentini (ie: a fine Chateaubriand enhanced with plenty of olive oil, garlic, rosemary and fresh creamed spinch......if you bet the right cut of meat, it can be amazing.....)

I know everyone wants to go out to eat, but, for steak, no problem cooking a good steak meal at home without going broke. Originally Posted by johnniewalkerblack
For more affordable steak joints I like Saltgrass. For the high end, I love III forks, Bob's, Table 13 & Steve Fields (West Plano). Add a bloomin onion from Outback, that will get ya done too.
Houstons hawaiian rib eye,
not to far from you either Originally Posted by bushpilot
Never in my lifetime have I ordered a marinated steak, but last time I was in town, I ordered this bad boy and I was pretty impressed.
I know everyone wants to go out to eat, but, for steak, no problem cooking a good steak meal at home without going broke.

Just got 3 pack of bone in rib eyes from Kroger. Nice thick cuts for $18.00(card pricing). Regular price $31.00

But, when I'm too lazy to cook, I don't mind Salt Grass. Originally Posted by johnniewalkerblack

true dat...
but i have to go to madador's or a good butcher
to get meat... About 1/2 the time the meat at krogers or tom thumb
is way too tough.. regardless of the cut
Ok who wants to do some steak with me hmmm so many choices you guys are great to name dome awesome places. Originally Posted by SexyPlatinum
I'll take ya to dinner.. its not a date though !!

My top 7 Steak Houses in Dallas

1) Al Biernat's
Map / Directions »
Cuisine: American, Local Specialty, Steakhouse
Neighborhood: Oak Lawn
Cost: $$$
2) III Forks
Map / Directions »
Cuisine: American, Continental, European, French, Seafood, Steakhouse
Cost: $$$
3) Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House
Map / Directions »