What's wrong with South of Dallas

When I first moved to Texas my family moved to a house on a few acres on the edge of Lancaster. They had to put me in private school because I kept getting beat up by hood rats at Lancaster High School.

I got my first job as a hostess at a seafood restaurant in DeSoto and got carjacked in broad daylight walking to my car after getting off work that afternoon.

Oh, and Red Bird Mall... I went shopping with a girlfriend there and when we walked back to her car after our shopping was done, there was a guy hiding under the car and tried to rob my friend by slashing at her legs with a knife when she approached the driver's side door to get in her car.

I'm sorry, I'm sure there are some really great hobbyists in the area, but unfortunately, I cannot take an outcall south of Downtown because of the inherent risks of traveling in that area.
Oh wow, wtf, I just caught how old this thread is...duh.
Follow the money.

Tons of affluent middle aged men live in the Frisco/Plano/other generic suburb and work in North Dallas. If that's the convenient locale then providers set up shop there. Originally Posted by dbjp101
But I would think those numbers would pale in comparison the the number, and especiallt the level of affluence, of those lining closer in -- Preston Hollow, Bluff View, Park Cities, Uptown, Downtown, and neat S. Dallas. No?
TM, I respectfully disagree with this observation. There's plenty of $ in Duncanville, DeSoto and Cedar Hill. Unfortunately, you have to drive thru Oak Cliff to get there. The areas South of Oak Cliff have some of the prettiest topography in N. Texas. Unfortunately you might as well be driving thru East L.A. wearing gang colors if you have to cross the Trinity and drive past Zang, Marsalis, Hampton and (shudder!) that gang-infested, drive-by center known as the Red Bird Mall area. Oak Cliff might have some attractive locales but I won't take any of the Hwy. 67 exits (definitely after sunset!) without protection.

The areas south of the Trinity and Oak Cliff are also more "small town" in their outlook towards the oldest profession. Too many grey-haired, Bible-thumpin' holier-than-thou sorts down there. I think there a lots of Hobbyists down there but they go where product is located; namely North of the Trinity when the need arises (so to speak). I also believe in the saying "don't shit where you eat" when it comes Hobbying and keeping my hands off of my female co-workers. Originally Posted by txcwby6
Agree with your entire post except the part I quoted in red. I live south of Dallas but never go through Oak Cliff - why not do 35 from Dallas or 287 from Arlington or Fort Worth?