How long do you wait around for a scheduled appointment?

I got in a bad habit of giving someone several "few more minutes" that often meant 1-2 hours of waiting. I finally said "you don't respect my time, so why should I continue?". Smart lady that she is replied "you shouldn't enable me". Things got better.
20 minutes max. I'll call once after 10 mintes then give it 10 more. If no answer on the 2nd call i'm gone.
  • Zx
  • 03-18-2012, 10:26 PM
+1

I got in a bad habit of giving someone several "few more minutes" that often meant 1-2 hours of waiting. I finally said "you don't respect my time, so why should I continue?". Smart lady that she is replied "you shouldn't enable me". Things got better. Originally Posted by mtabsw
I am notoriously late to appointments. But I have learned communication is always the best way to avoid such issues. Picking up a phone never hurts anyone.
You should NEvER have to wait... if you book at 3 p.m... you should be able to show up at 2:55 and knock on the door. Originally Posted by Amber Rain
Disagree. I specifically ask clients not to show up early. I have 40 candles to light and things to prepare that may very well take me to 2:59.

That being said, I wait 30 minutes after the scheduled start of a visit before heading home. Usually in the 30 minutes they've written to say they're running late, which is fine (as I don't do "back to back" visits) unless I have some "real life" plans. I've only had the infamous NCNS situation (knock on wood) once, maybe twice (and as luck would have it they both wrote later to apologised which I appreciated) though so this isn't the most frequent thing I have to deal with. I'd imagine I may wait less time if I was frequently NCNSed.
Come to Dallas, Melissa...please.