Issues of the fake reviews

Why is that review still up then?

Also as much as I want to post links to reviews I don't think it's an appropriate thing to do.I'm not trying to put down other providers or spotlight them.

This is about why write a fake review,how to spot a fake review , what makes a review totally fake or only part of it fake, other than hitting the RTM that doesnt seem to work that well, what else is done about a fake review,ect
While I understand your concern regarding this issue, you are asking the wrong question.

From the perspective of modtardville, your concern about a review that is not about you is irrelevant. There are so many motives we have seen in calling a fake review, we are not going to chase shadows on the open board every time a retard calls a fake review. There is a guideline forbidding it.

If you see a review that you find suspect, the guideline tells you to RTM the review. Feel free to say why it is fake. We have heard every reason under the sun from "I was in the hospital" to "I was burying my grandmother". A modtard will look into it. Normally, we will not tell what the outcome is. If the review disappears, you know the outcome. If it does not disappear, you know the outcome.

This is not a democracy where you get a say in the matter. This is a SHMB. Reviews are the life blood of a SHMB. If you are a whore, this is not a board for you. This is a board about you. It is like baseball. The tie will always go to the runner. The review will always get the benefit of the doubt in a he said/she said.

If you can prove beyond a doubt that the review is fake or if he admits it is fake when asked, the review is dealt with as Spice indicated.

A whore has an avenue available to her if she wants to declare a review of her did not happen. She is allowed to post a rebuttal thread in coed regarding the review. This is a dangerous move for many reasons. But, that is her call.

The infraction for calling someone's review fake is 5pts.
Why is such a need to misuse the word "whore"?

If most other site's do allow for a provider to say the review is real or fake why does it bother men here?

I'm more or less curious as to why even write one and what do men consider a review fake. There are various questions but those are the most basic ones. Now TT gave a very good exsample and the reasons behind what looks like a fake review. Also there was no shallow name calling involved either in his response.

I agree that reviews are the life blood of any site, but it's also why many site's value what the provider says about the review too.

As far as my case with the false info reviews it was done with malicious intentions. How the hell it got 3 reviews is beyond me so this why I'm asking such questions.
Why is such a need to misuse the word "whore"?

No misuse of it.. It is your comprehension that is lacking....

If most other site's do allow for a provider to say the review is real or fake why does it bother men here?

I'm more or less curious as to why even write one and what do men consider a review fake. There are various questions but those are the most basic ones. Now TT gave a very good exsample and the reasons behind what looks like a fake review. Also there was no shallow name calling involved either in his response.

I agree that reviews are the life blood of any site, but it's also why many site's value what the provider says about the review too.

As far as my case with the false info reviews it was done with malicious intentions. How the hell it got 3 reviews is beyond me so this why I'm asking such questions. Originally Posted by FirePhoenix
Why should a guy that sees a review he feels is fake care? He discounts it and moves on.... For him to challenge it here gets him points.

Pretty simple....

To get real answers you would have better luck learning how to formulate your thoughts coherently when posting
  • gt27
  • 06-05-2017, 11:49 PM
Why should a guy that sees a review he feels is fake care? He discounts it and moves on.... For him to challenge it here gets him points.

Pretty simple....

To get real answers you would have better luck learning how to formulate your thoughts coherently when posting
Originally Posted by Whispers
I never knew how shallow you truly are. A fake review is great so long as it's positive(sucks for the guys, though) but one false review can hurt a girls business. That may well be why she is a tad upset.

Anyways, I am mad at every woman who turns in a positive review on you when, in reality, you should be an average review at best(maybe even a no).
FP, there are many reasons to write a fake review.

1. Whores do it to advertise themselves
2. Whores do it to advertise their friends.
3. Pimps do it to advertise their whores.
4. WKs do it to gain favor with a whore.
5. Fucktards do it for PA.
6. Pimps write "no" reviews of whores who leave them.
7. Whores write "no" reviews to stab other whores in the back.

But, none of that matters. If you suspect a fake review, your option is to RTM the review.

Why do you get offended at being a whore. There is nothing wrong with being a whore. Some of my favorite people are whores.
See DH that was a true part of the topic. Thank you for the most part on your insight. All the reasons you listed are things that I wouldn't have even thought of or considered until about a year and a half ago. If I hadn't thought about it, then there are others that truly hadn't thought about it either.

As far as the word whore goes, it's due to two reasons.
1)the way that's it's used here is to degrade woman. In most other parts of the world saying the word whore is simply said as a way to describe a job. It's a big difference on how it's applied.
2)I do not see myself as a whore. I see myself as a provider. To accept such a word would mean for me to accept others intentional derogatory definition of who I am and how I see myself.
Whimpy continually whores out his beliefs of how the hobby should be like. Interesting that he back this fast with the biggest need for ego tripping. Sadly he didn't provide any type of useful info or advice . Whoring out his wisdom seems to only be for demeaning usage only.
Whimpers is like the word 'whore'. Power perceived is power achieved.

Fake reviews or fake handles are like the word 'whore'. They only have power if you give it to them.

The damage from a fake 'no' review does not come from the fake review. It comes from the reaction to the 'no' review. The same is true of an accurate 'no' review.

Whimpers plays you like a fiddle. You can get offended at that observation like you do at being called what you are, or you can empower yourself to respond differently.
^^ the last paragraph tells the story.

Sam

Whimpers is like the word 'whore'. Power perceived is power achieved.

Fake reviews or fake handles are like the word 'whore'. They only have power if you give it to them.

The damage from a fake 'no' review does not come from the fake review. It comes from the reaction to the 'no' review. The same is true of an accurate 'no' review.

Whimpers plays you like a fiddle. You can get offended at that observation like you do at being called what you are, or you can empower yourself to respond differently. Originally Posted by dearhunter
Why do you seem to think that it's offending me? I have put the word back to its proper usage. The word now has empowering potintal for me.

I veiw the playing like a fiddle the other way around. Whimpy has clearly shown to be small minded and focused only on pressuring other to think his way. He pressure and try to persuade others to use the word in that fashion. He cannot force people to use it in that fashion. This is where the problem is though, you use a word in everyday terminology it becomes accepted in that form by others. It's the reason that new words get added to or changed definition in the dictionary.
We are getting away from the topic of your threAD. But, I probably owe you this in light of recent events.

You and whimpers exist on a level playing field. You are both pixels on a screen. You can post what you want to say....and he can post a rebuttal. He can post what he wants to say.....and you can post a rebuttal.

I don't see whimpers trying to shut down what you want to say. On the other hand, some of you do want to shut down what he wants to say.

It is all over your forum. I see the comments of "why don't they ban that asshole" and "if I was a modtard, he would be gone". My favorite is "why do they put up with that piece of shit" "he must get them free pussy".

You reacted to my use of the word "whore". When you did that, you defined the power of the word. That is what Whimpers does in all of his posts. He sets up triggers that create reactions on multiple levels. Then, he thrives in the ensuing chaos. Chaos that you helped create by reacting to his traps. He is not the best at it. But, he is pretty good. He is probably the best at it in the Austin Forums.

I can promise you that when your new modtard ynot became a modtard he was not prepared for the pond he stepped into. I have no idea what his perception was as to what he would be able to do to affect change or effect the status quo. But, I do know that after a short stroll through modtardville his realty became different than it was before he was a modtard.

More than one modtard has had your reaction to the use of the word "whore". More than one modtard have had their hands slapped for attempting to regulate the use of the word "whore" and "cunt" and "fat"......the list goes on and on.

I could start a threAD in your fair coed forum that would have most of you up in arms within a day. It would be compliant with the guidelines. One of your local modtards would fall into the trap of locking it. More than a few of you would be forever changed in how you are perceived on the board. It would rip your little community apart. It probably should be done. But, I am a firm believer in "you get the forum you deserve".
That is what Whimpers does in all of his posts. He sets up triggers that create reactions on multiple levels. Then, he thrives in the ensuing chaos. Chaos that you helped create by reacting to his traps. He is not the best at it. But, he is pretty good. He is probably the best at it in the Austin Forums. Originally Posted by dearhunter
Damning with faint praise.
Why is it such a travesty to remind people that there are other definitions of the word whore? SMH, why continually shove your version of whore down my throat as the only definition of the word, and then when I say that naw, I chose to use this definition of the word all of a sudden I'm just reacting to it. You've created a catch 22 situation that I just don't buy.

I agree that all this is off topic. It is an important topic to talk about becuase there are plenty of newbies that don't know how to spot a fake review. Also there are people like me that just don't think about doing something like all those reasons you listed. In many ways it still surprises me that people actually do that sort of thing.