Top 10 (no, not what you think)

a few more worthy performers I didn't list above..
the Moody Blues
... Originally Posted by Chung Tran
YES!!!

Also, a few I haven't seen mentioned:

Simon and Garfunkel
Crosby, Still, and Nash (and Young)
Neil Diamond
Led Zepplin
Pink Floyd
Yaz
The Fixx
Steely Dan
Fleetwood Mac
Sade
Starsailor (first two albums are all the way through masterpieces)
Dido first album
Luther Vandross
Coldplay first three albums
Def Leppard
Metallica first four or five albums although Master of Puppets and And Justice for All are stand alone masterpieces
Robin Trower
Great Stuff!

I no order:

Van Halen
Jimi Hendrix
Stevie Ray Vaughan
(guitar rock? Yes pleaze)
Prince
Pink Floyd
Alice N Chains
Chris Cornell
Alicia Keys
Tupac
Sublime
I guess I am missing something. Pink floyd is in most lists...why? They had a few songs thats were not a auto punch out. this is in my wheel house but floyd an zepp. Are way over played/rated...
I guess I am missing something. Pink floyd is in most lists...why? They had a few songs thats were not a auto punch out. this is in my wheel house but floyd an zepp. Are way over played/rated... Originally Posted by joefish5413
Pink Floyd had a few songs? Are you fucking kidding me? Dark Side of the Moon was their best album but they had a lot of great albums, not just songs. The Dark Side of the Moon was in the Top 200 for 17 years; that's the entire album. And you say this in your wheel house? Please.......
SRV
Pink Floyd
Eric Clapton
Metallica....F the Grammys!
Disturbed
Alice In Chains
Guns & Roses
Allman Brothers
Rush
Santana
Beatles
Pink Floyd
Simon and Garfunkel
Dave Brubeck
Woody Herman
Jimi Hendrix
Moody Blues
Rolling Stones
David Sanborn
Beethoven
I just dont understand their music I guess. It never really appealed to me for some reason.
I just dont understand their music I guess. It never really appealed to me for some reason. Originally Posted by joefish5413
Nothing wrong with that as we all have our individual testes in music, women, food, drink, cars, etc.
F..forgot a big one!!

Pearl Jam
1. Van Morrison
2. Beatles
3. Rolling Stones
4. John Lennon- solo
5. Michael Jackson
6. Elvis
7. Madonna
8. Prince
9. ACDC
10.Willie Nelson

Honorary Member
Mya Michelle 1 Hit Wonder " I Hate Life and Everthing About It"
I guess I am missing something. ......this is in my wheel house but floyd an zepp. Are way over played/rated... Originally Posted by joefish5413

Led Zeppelin....overrated? smfh...

Yeah...you definitely are missing something, dude. I know we all like different things but wow...(sorry...I'm utterly speechless).

Look, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and take a shot...I'm guessing you're somewhat younger than I am.....so you prolly never had the opportunity to see them live, in concert...am I right? I'm thinking that's a resounding NO....but anyways...

......I mean seriously, never in my life have I heard anyone who knows music say this about the greatest rock band of all time (no worries....Beatles, Stones, etc, ask 'em...they'd say the same thing themselves...they know.)
Yeah, it's impressive ! There is pretty good taste in music roaming around these parts. For the most part, I like something all of these groups/solo's did/continue to do.

And obviously there are some old fuckers roaming around in here as well. You can just about pick out the decade you were born by the groups you prefer.

I certainly don't mind getting older. There are perks that come with that. Like getting invitations from funeral homes to learn what to do with your dead ass and the constant barrage from financial planners wanting to get a hold of any retirement funds you have. It's nice to be needed!

But I really get a charge out of going to a Stones concert though. I get to blurt out - " man, look at all these old people " !
Aerosmith

LAMEEEEEEEE AS FUCK
You do realize there are message boards like Topix, for ish like this... ijs Originally Posted by VIP Mya Michelle

Ya U R BUTT
Stay on topic

Mardi Gras music Fat Tuesday 2/27/2017
Traditional Cajun Music (Before 1930)

This style comprises the roots of Cajun dance music, involving only a few instruments such as the Cajun accordion, fiddle, and triangle. This form holds firm to a basic rhythm with staccato style notes, including lots of fiddle double stops. Each fiddle solo is composed of a major scale riff, repeated between verses. This form has existed since the early 1900s and the waltz and two-step are the most common dances of this Cajun music genre. Many songs that became standards in the Cajun music repertoire were first recorded in this period of the 1920s and 1930s. A number of the most prominent traditional Cajun musicians are featured in the 1989 documentary J'Ai Ete Au Bal. Amédé Ardoin, Canray Fontenot, Wade Frugé, Dewey Segura, Joe Falcon and Cléoma Falcon, and the Breaux Brothers are examples of this genre. Country and Texas swing Cajun (1934–1941)

Main article: Western swing
This style involves heavy elements of Texas country music influence and a move away from the traditional accordion. This music has more of a "swing" style popularized by Bob Wills and the Texas Playboys. Instead of the music being dominated by the accordion, Cajun swing relies heavily on the fiddle and piano with a swinging tempo. Bands in the 1940s began using the steel guitar, an instrument which also found use in dancehall Cajun music. Dances such as "the jig" are common among this genre of Cajun music. Leo Soileau, J. B. Fuselier, Leroy "Happy Fats" Leblanc, Harry Choates and the Hackberry Ramblers are early examples of this style. The Red Stick Ramblers and The Lost Bayou Ramblers are contemporary bands playing in this style.
Dancehall Cajun (1946–1960)

This style, Dancehall Cajun is often known in South Louisiana as "Fais do-do" music because it is commonly played at fais do-dos; this in turn comes from the local practice of couples bringing their children with them to the dance hall. This period is defined as such due to the fact that more bands moved from the house dances to large halls, as well as, electrical amplification of instruments to cut through the noise of the crowd. It is similar to traditional Cajun music with added accompaniment such as the bass guitar, drum kit, steel guitar, and rhythm guitar, electric or acoustic. The same abrupt, staccato feel can be felt as in traditional Cajun. This style originated in the post-war era of the late 1940s and continues up until the present in small town dancehalls. Electrification of the dance venues allowed the fiddle to be played in a smoother style, alternating leads with the accordion. The steel guitar also adds remarks. Typically in dancehall Cajun performances the melody is played by the accordion followed by a bridge, a vocal verse, a leading line by the steel guitar, a leading line by the fiddle, then a leading line by the accordion player again followed by a bridge. This is followed by the next vocal verse, and so on. Lawrence Walker, Aldus Roger, Nathan Abshire, Iry LeJeune, and Sidney Brown are examples of this musical period. The characteristics of dancehall Cajun can be seen in current artists such as Jesse Légé, and The Basin Brothers Band.
Cajun "renaissance"

Drawing on elements of the earlier traditional, Texas swing, and dancehall periods, the Cajun "renaissance" also incorporates more modern elements of folk, blues, jazz and swamp pop, and bluegrass styles. The fiddle players relax, involving a more legato feel to the solos. The quick fiddle action and double stops are missing, replaced by dominant blues chords and jazz slides.
Pioneers such as BeauSoleil with Michael Doucet, Zachary Richard, Jambalaya Cajun Band, Bruce Daigrepont, and others broke new ground, while other musicians such as Eddie LeJeune, Robert Jardell, Les Frères Michot, The Pine Leaf Boys, and others brought energy to older, more traditional forms.
Contemporary Cajun music

This style involves Cajun music with a heavy influence of rock, R&B, blues, soul, and zydeco, producing a less traditional, more contemporary sound. Although led by the accordion, the electric guitar, washboard, and keyboard are all present in this form. Since the 1940s, musicians such as Wayne Toups, Roddie Romero and the Hub City Allstars, Lee Benoit, Damon Troy, Kevin Naquin, and Steve Riley and the Mamou Playboys have popularized this modern form of Cajun music.[2][3]
Doug Kershaw recorded "Louisiana Man", an autobiographical song that he had written while in the army. The song sold millions of copies ; over the years it has come to be considered a standard of modern Cajun music.[4] The song was eventually covered by more than 800 artists.
Lyrics

The unaccompanied ballad was the earliest form of Cajun music. The narrative songs often had passionate themes of death, solitude or ill-fated love — a reaction to their harsh exile and rough frontier experience, as well as celebrations of love and humorous tales. Ballads were ritually sung at weddings and funerals, and sung informally for small groups of people at house parties as the food cooked and young children played.
The early songs were mixtures of la la, contredanses, reels and jigs and other folk influences from black, white and Native American traditions. Early song lyrics were entirely in Cajun French. Though French-language songwriting is still common, some Cajun music today is sung in English with younger singers and audiences.
Simon and Garfunkel
Crosby, Still, and Nash (and Young)
Jackson Brown
Lynyrd Skynyrd
bruce Spingsteen
Billy Joel
Meat Loaf
Boston
Eagles
Zepp