Your NOLA experience...

The burger place you are speaking of is Snug Harbor? THey have very good burgers that are huge. Bring it out on a plate by itself. Plus the music in back is nice as well.

Any bar on Frenchmen street has great music. It's the locals hangout. On just about any given night you will see some famous faces hanging out in the bars down there. I was there one night sitting next to Lenny Kravits in a bar. He owns a home in the city. Originally Posted by SOULMANIKE
No I wasn't talking about Snug Harbor. Never actually been there. The place I'm talking about also has another location in Fat City on 17th Street.
Ah, to fall in love. That infusion of extreme feeling, passion, the sense of the right fit and belonging. I have fallen in love many times in my life, with a man, a place, a child. I fell in love with Vancouver in the 90s, immediatly moved there and then fell in love with a wonderful man who became my husband. And now I am falling in love again, with New Orleans.

When I was last here 3 years ago the city was still raw from Katrina. I found it wounded and dark. I was unprepared for the vivacious, enthusiastic pioneer spirit I have encountered these last weeks in NoLa. There is a contagious optimism, a vibrant hum running through the air. The tax credits for production and real estate preservation and development mean business is booming in those industries and attracting more energy, more money. Tourism and conventions are back in full swing. While the most of the rest of America has been struggling with a sinking economy, NoLa has received an infusion of cash as it rebuilds itself.

I have met young people from all over who have moved here post Katrina, and many, many long time locals who have moved back. I have heard the stories and felt their pain, but the reason they came home is because they love their city. There is no other place like it.

Vegas is a tourist town, too, but it has no past, no future, no soul. New Orleans is all soul, with a rich and apparent history. Combined with the fresh pulse of possibility and it's strong creative overtone, it becomes the right fit for me at this time in my life. Now, to make it all work...
I love love love Nola!!

I always say 'I was not born in Nola,but Nola was born in me"