Elizabeth Warren et al on Fracking

what Tiny said..

Very few of those with qualified land to be explored and or fracked were not afforded an opportunity to sign a gas lease. Originally Posted by eccielover
raising my hand as one who was not.
fracking has been going on for at least a 100 years, if not more

modern fracking began in the late 40's I think

hell ive been in the oil business since 1975, and we fracked everything dirlled back then, everyone did, unless you got real lucky with a great formation and your well flowed. but then later you'd go back and do it and put it on pump

people talk about fracking like its some new thing

granted fracking, like anything else, has been improved over time with new technology but what the heck?

the biggest reason production in the u.s. is up isn't fracking, its price, which allows investment in harder to produce formations

fracking is just some bug-a-boo word to scare people with. which warren and the dims are expert in

in ancient rome parents would scare their kids to get them to obey, as is still done today, as in come in or the boogey man will get you. the romans would say, hannibal ad portas (Hannibal is at the gates). the dims say fracking.

this is all about the hysteria over climate change not fracking
As for Fracking. Yes been going on for at least a few decades. The real issue is that in the last decade or so the fracking injection frequently contains nasty chemicals that start moving through water tables and contaminate neighbors water wells.
This is the actual issue, not fracking per se. But, the only way to control it is to stop it all.
The second issue is that one unscrupulous driller can quickly go into bankruptcy and leave millions of dollars of damage. Including contaminated uninhabitable land/wells.

Note to above poster and ignoring that I'll vote for Mr. T again:
My clients have been voiding drilling rights since the 60s using the damage clauses in leases. And, we go after whomever was buying the oil as well.
It is a real issue.
As for Fracking. Yes been going on for at least a few decades. The real issue is that in the last decade or so the fracking injection frequently contains nasty chemicals that start moving through water tables and contaminate neighbors water wells.
This is the actual issue, not fracking per se. But, the only way to control it is to stop it all. The second issue is that one unscrupulous driller can quickly go into bankruptcy and leave millions of dollars of damage. Including contaminated uninhabitable land/wells.

Note to above poster: My clients have been voiding drilling rights since the 60s using the damage clauses in leases. Originally Posted by Unique_Carpenter
you've always had to protect fresh water zones

maybe you're talking about acidizing, which is a different treatment, but fresh water zones are still protected

and fracking has been going on for a hell of a lot longer than a few decades

yeah , if there's some idiot promoter out for a quick buck, hell the service companies aren't idiots, and have to report to the RRC you just cant do things like you describe willy nilly

most times its well abandonment without plugging that's the issue, the rrc comes in for that and hires some work over well service company to plug old wells since the last operator is gone

voiding leases, well that's the work of attorneys and that's like picking your venue
  • Tiny
  • 10-23-2019, 11:44 AM
My clients have been voiding drilling rights since the 60s using the damage clauses in leases. And, we go after whomever was buying the oil as well.
It is a real issue. Originally Posted by Unique_Carpenter
So what do they do after they void the leases? Make the oil company pay to shut in the wells and clean up the damage and then never lease again? Or turn around and lease to another oil company and collect a bigger bonus and bigger royalty? And maybe include a continuous drilling clause so the new lessee will have to drill and frac or lose some of the acreage? I'm sure it's the later.
Good points above. But there's way more shady operators out there than you guys realize. In addition to pumping operations being dirty, we've caught folks being creative shorting royalty payments.

For a damaged site there's always someone that will come in and clean up the mess.
Yes, new leases to someone else
But, lawsuits are still filed against those that have caused damage. They can clean up and close them correctly or they can clean/close them correctly and pay the lawyers as well.
Of course the new leases have clauses that require production pursuant along with environmental protection and the tribe is also requiring fidelity bonds recently as well.
Yes a old well, or even a fractured main well pipe, requires full capping, even if a new spot is drilled a few feet away.
Note that most old well casings can't handle the newer methods of extraction.
We've even had leases simply expire, and yes the operator does actually close/cap wells.
Don't get me wrong though, a clean operation is quite welcome.
On my first day as president, I will sign an executive order that puts a total moratorium on all new fossil fuel leases for drilling offshore and on public lands. And I will ban fracking—everywhere.

Elizabeth Warren

When [Sanders] is in the White House, he is going to ban fracking nationwide and rapidly move to 100 percent clean, sustainable energy

Bernie Sanders, speaking in the 3rd person

There’s no question I’m in favor of banning fracking

Kamala Harris

It’s easy for politicians and activists to call for an end to hydraulic fracturing—but now we know what the consequences could be. Without fracking, the U.S. would surrender our status as a global energy superpower. Every American family could face higher prices for the energy they consume and the products and services they buy, and almost 15 million Americans could be out of work. These extreme and irresponsible proposals should not be considered. Ignorance can no longer be an excuse."

Karen Harbert, president and CEO of the U.S. Chamber’s Institute

So what do these bozos want? For the U.S. to become dependent on oil imports from the Middle East again? Exactly how is the USA going to generate electricity when and where there's no natural gas or sun or wind, since they want to ban nuclear and coal too? Maybe we can import liquefied natural gas (LNG) from Qatar, Iran and Russia. They've got lots of gas.

Perhaps Trump was wise sending those troops to Saudi Arabia. We may need them there to protect the Straits of Hormuz once Elizabeth Warren becomes President. Originally Posted by Tiny

Tiny! great choice for your name.... seemed you're self aware dude!
  • Tiny
  • 10-23-2019, 08:40 PM
Tiny! great choice for your name.... seemed you're self aware dude! Originally Posted by Clit Eastwood
Why do you care? Fracking is banned in New York and always will be.

I guess you just don't like Texans. If you take away our jobs you'll feel like you're doing something good for the world. Well, you're not. You can ban fracking and it it won't make a rat's ass difference, with all the carbon China and the rest of the developing world are spewing.
CNN cool aide ,,,,,,