What's your favorite Cajun restaurant?

• Trey
  • 10-07-2016, 07:14 AM
Yeah I'm not that into the okra myself. Fried okra is good. And I make a okra with sausage and shrimp but I don't call it gumbo. We always just called it okra. I've seen people say it's gumbo online but I never thought that. I like my gumbo with out it. You know I recently made a gumbo and short cut it with a dry roux that worked a lot better than expected and good for anyone that can't make a roux or keeps fucking it up. Or is trying to be healthy about it. I think next month I will be in gumbo making mood. From scratch of course.
  • R.M.
  • 10-07-2016, 07:20 AM
Welcome back handsome^. Here's my favorite place. These folks are from Nola.http://bbscafe.com/
Welcome back Trey!

BB's Cafe was yuck
  • Trey
  • 10-07-2016, 07:39 AM
Thanks sexy ladies I appiciate it.

Bb got a bit to commercial very toned down. A nice little spot close to where a lot of ladies work is jenivi's seafood off beltway and 8. They have good gumbo, fried fish (fried shrimp suck just get fish), crawfish, and grilled shrimp. That's a small shop ran by an Asian family they do good work.
  • R.M.
  • 10-07-2016, 09:11 AM
I like me some BB's happy hour. Yuck off. Giggles...
..... You know I recently made a gumbo and short cut it with a dry roux that worked a lot better than expected and good for anyone that can't make a roux or keeps..... Originally Posted by Trey
....setting their kitchen on fire.
that bb katy used to be something else and it was edible at best.
hit the bb's in katy at happy hour for half price boiled shrimp good sized
  • smax
  • 10-07-2016, 10:27 AM
Yeah I'm not that into the okra myself. Fried okra is good. And I make a okra with sausage and shrimp but I don't call it gumbo. We always just called it okra. I've seen people say it's gumbo online but I never thought that. I like my gumbo with out it. You know I recently made a gumbo and short cut it with a dry roux that worked a lot better than expected and good for anyone that can't make a roux or keeps fucking it up. Or is trying to be healthy about it. I think next month I will be in gumbo making mood. From scratch of course. Originally Posted by Trey

Easy way to make a roux is to bake it

I use an enameled cast iron dutch oven, equal parts of oil and flour, mix well and put into a 350 degree oven. You can pretty much leave it alone but I stir it about 20 mins or so. Takes about an hour and half to get a nice dark peanut butter colored roux.
Good roux is easy to make. You just need patience.
i make my in an electric skillet set a cunt hair over 350

i wish i had a stove that controlled on temp like my grandmother's stove. then I'd make it all in a seasoned cast iron dutch oven
Mmmm.....all this talk of food is making me regret being in a hurry during lunch today. My munchkins love soup, so maybe I can convince them that gumbo is the soup of kings when we go Halloween shopping tomorrow. Then when one of them complains about the heat, I'll remind them that real Mexican munchkins love spicy food...lol
It's decided.
Mmmm.....all this talk of food is making me regret being in a hurry during lunch today. My munchkins love soup, so maybe I can convince them that gumbo is the soup of kings when we go Halloween shopping tomorrow. Then when one of them complains about the heat, I'll remind them that real Mexican munchkins love spicy food...lol
It's decided. Originally Posted by YummyMarie
Kids like ramen the best. It's best to take a raw egg and drop it inside of some hot ramen soup and stir it around until it cooks itself. It makes the soup taste like egg drop soup. The whole or half a boiled egg in the Ramen doesn't work for me.
Hmmm thanks for the tip
Easy way to make a roux is to bake it
.... Originally Posted by smax
That's how I make my carne guisada. i start it on a hot stove then finish slow in the oven.

short time using bettet meet

longer time using cheap meet

but maybe that's how everyone does it

i taught myself